The Due South Fiction Archive Comments

Comments on While The World Sleeps

Number of comments: 4

(post new comment)
From: dsfan
Date: 11/20/2012
Claudia - please stop using "Ray" to refer only to Ray Kowalski!

Ray Vecchio was "Ray" first, and he should be addressed as such, and not always called "Vecchio!" It doesn't take much to put "K" or "V" after Ray, so please do that, and show RayV RESPECT! I'm tired of so-called dS fans who don't do that, and so disrespect RayV!

And this isn't a good portrayal of RayV at all. He's an entirely different person from how he was on the show, and his time in Las Vegas would not have changed him so much that he wouldn't care about Benny anymore. He'd still want Benny as his best friend. The author should have just chosen other names for the characters, because this is NOT RayV and NOT Fraser in this story.

From: Nancy
Date: 08/20/2010
I'm a little disappointed in the way that you've portrayed Ray Vecchio.

I think he's sensitive enough to tell Benny right away that he is in love with a woman, and later to tell him that he is marrying that woman. so Ma Vecchio wouldn't need to tell Benny anything.

Even if he and Benny are no longer lovers, Ray would NEVER stop adoring him, and he's a caring enough friend that he would be frank with him about changes in his life. Plus, I think that he would never again want to leave Benny as he did when he took the job in Las Vegas; Ray knew he couldn't exactly explain to Benny on the phone about what was going on, and that obviously hurt Ray deeply. Ray will still want Benny in his life as a friend - remember that he still seemed to be friends with his ex-wife Angie and she seems to still care about him - so he will do everything possible to not cause Benny pain.

From: Claudia (kanetsidohi@hotmail.com)
Date: 06/28/2006
I usually don't like stories in which Ray doesn't appear, but I like him suffering for Ray. I hope you write more about RayV. Very good story.
From: sylvia
Date: 06/26/2006
I like this story...but poor Fraser!
(post new comment)