Get off

by silvina

Author's website: http://www.learnlink.emory.edu/~sdelcul/index2.html

Disclaimer: Standard Disclaimer. Listen up folks, I'm gonna tell you all a secret. {They're not mine!} Please send comments, questions, compliments, and otters to sdelcul@yahoo.com.

Author's Notes:

Story Notes: Written in response to "Keeping score" and "Burning down, burning out" by Cat (Acer canadensis). May or may not be archived yet. If you're interested please email clyoung@learnlink.emory.edu for more information on these two stories.

This story is a sequel to: see story notes


Why should I care what happens to you? Why should your opinion of me matter one slight little bit? I'm not perfect. I know that. I hate that you make me feel less than good enough. I hate that within your holier-than-thou attitude I can't stop you from making a mistake. I hate that helping you makes me look stupid, feel stupid.

I hate that you expect too much of me and never give me any credit. I hate that you never admit that you made a mistake. I hate cleaning up after the mess you created. I hate that there's nothing there now.

I don't want you to go to jail. I hate that I care what happens to you now.

It shocked the hell out of me, you know? You aren't anyone I know anymore. You're someone else entirely. Who's real and who's the disguise? How can I protect myself without knowing what's going on?

Hell, I hate that I'm thinking about protecting myself when I shouldn't even have let you put me on the line. It's a thin line between love and hate.


End Get off by silvina: sdelcul@yahoo.com

Author and story notes above.