Partners

Icecat62


Rating: G

Genre: Gen

Category: Snapshot

Pairings: None

Spoilers: Not really.

Teaser: None.

Standard Disclaimer: due South and it's characters belong to Alliance. I just use them for. Hopefully they will return to their world unharmed and ready for other people to play with them.


Huey looked over his desk at his new partner, Dewey. It hadn't been that long since Louis had died. Now they were saddling him with another incompetant. Even though he had ended up loving Louis like a brother, why couldn't they have given him a partner that was his equal? Louis had been a jerk. He was a half rate detective. But the guy was fun. He was loyal. Louis had wormed his way into his life like nobodies business.

Staring at Dewey, he shook his head. He didn't know if he wanted to take the chance of getting to know the guy. He was a jerk. He was a half rate detective. He was too much like Louis. He didn't know if he could do this again. Once was enough.

Sighing, Huey grabbed a file and threw it in a drawer. Grabbing his coat, he stood and walked over to Dewey. "You want to go to lunch?" The mans face lit up with a goofy grin. "Sure. What do you have in mind?" As they walked out to the car, Huey could feel it starting already. He liked the guy.