Standard Disclaimer. Why yes, I am making obscene amounts of money from this. Really. I found a dime on the ground yesterday. Does that count? Please send comments, questions, compliments, and otters to sdelcul@mail.com or visit http://members.nbci.com/dueSou and http://www.learnlink.emory.edu/~sdelcul

Flawless

He rubbed his eyes against the growing light and smiled. It wasn't often that Benny outslept him, but while Ray had been on regular duty, Fraser had been on double duty as punishment for his last involvement in one of Ray's cases. With his own family out of town, Ray had persuaded Fraser to stay over.

The Mountie's light skin had made a beautiful contrast to the dark sheets and to Ray's Italian complexion. Ray was tempted to wake him up, but yielded to the more subtle pleasure of watching him sleep. He couldn't resist sliding the sheet down a bit more so he could see the fine tension in smooth muscles and tendons. His eyes moved over one shoulder and settled on the curve of Ben's neck, head tucked over one arm, breath gently stirring the hair on his forearm.

Ray sat up suddenly before remembering that he had decided not to wake Fraser. Not wanting to miss out though, he pulled the sheet all the way down Fraser's back to admire his love.

In doing so however, he also revealed the imperfection that marred that perfect, wonderful back. A scar. From his bullet. From his gun.

Disgusted with himself he fled.


Moments later Fraser woke up, slightly chilled. Alone.