First off, I want to tell Letty Jo(?) and Anna, who both wrote me and asked me for a sequel to TbaHB, don't worry, it's coming.  I just got a little distracted.  :)

This Sequel isn't exactly a sequel, I just couldn't think of a different title.  *sigh*  Anyway, it's Fraser and Frannie's turn to wait for RayK. to wake up.

This story makes vague refrences to attmepted suicide.  I, personally, don't think that Stan would do it, but he plays the victim so well.

Disclaimer:  *sound of one tired fanfic writer clearing her throat*  They're not mine.  But they should be.  Thank you.


Thoughts by a Hospital Bed
Take II

by ShrinkingViolet


Fraser
You're my partner.  You're even my best friend, now.  Why didn't I see?  Why didn't I get there sooner?  I knew something was wrong, just like the Christmas before Dad died, when he and I spoke.  I didn't do anything then, and he died.  I didn't do anything now, and you almost did.

If only I had gotten to your apartment twenty minutes earlier you wouldn't be lying there, arms bandaged from hands to elbows.  I'm sorry, Ray.  For whatever it is that I did.  For not listening or just spending time with you.  Please forgive me.


Frannie
Oh God, Ray.  Why did you do it?  If something was bothering you that bad you coulda talked to Fraser.  You coulda talked to me.

I know I teased you, and called you names, but I did that to Ray, too.  And you really were like having a brother while he's been gone.  I mean, at first you were just like this imposter, with my brother's name and life, but then you were more.  You were family.

You're nothing like Ray, but you're still my brother.

He blames himself, you know, Fraser does.  Hell, I blame myself, but Fraser... he won't leave your side unless the docs make him or he has to go to the bathroom.  That's why he's gone now and I can talk to ya.  Who'd a guessed he had to go to the bathroom like normal people?


Fraser
I've asked you for many things since we've met, Ray, but none that I want so much as these.  Please wake up, and please forgive me.


The End

Email me
shrinkingviolet@freehomepage.com
My webpage:  http://cob250.dn.net/members/violet