I'll Be okay

Copyright © Orphan_Account


Note: Hi everybody, this is the first story from the 'Songs' series. Those fictions are not linked and can be read separately. Each song is a story on its own. I just took a song and interpreted it in a due SOUTH context. I'd like to thank Katie for her wonderful and hard work in beta reading this story for me and for turning it into real English because I'm French-speaking... TYK... Enjoy your reading!

Rating: PG.

Pairing: Fraser/Vecchio... little reference to Fraser/Kowalski.

Warnings: This is a m/m, slash, Romance, Drama story.

Summary : This story takes place during the episode Call Of The Wild. Ray Vecchio is in his bed, in hospital, listening to the radio and thinking about who he has lost... Benton Fraser... his best friend... his lover.

Disclaimer : I do not own the characters in this story (unfortunately), they belong to Alliance (lucky guys)... I just borrow them for our enjoyment and will give them back later... much later... when I'll have an epiphany ;-)... I do not own either the song used in this story, this one is called I'll Be Okay, is interpreted by Amanda Marshall and is a song from the movie My Best Friend's Wedding.


I'll Be Okay

by Orphan_Account

This is it... it's finished. He has lost him forever.

Ray Vecchio was lying in his bed, in the hospital. Benton Fraser had just left his room, leaving him alone.

He knew that Benny, his Benny, was gone with this guy, Stanley Kowalski. What a name!... but it fits the guy so well... a guy with experimental hair and clothes that only bag ladies like. Well, that was what he had thought at first.

He had thought about Fraser every single day and night since he left. He had cried, cried so much over leaving his best friend, the only one he wanted to be his lover forever, without having been able to tell him that he had to leave.

He had dreamed about his return. But now... now that he was back in Chicago, he knew that nothing would be the same again.

He had seen how much Fraser cared about Kowalski and, even if he didn't want to see it, saw the way Kowalski cared about Fraser too.

He knew that they would never get back what was between them... friendship... love... real love. Okay, Benny still loved him, but now he loved Kowalski... it was too late.

Ray had had his chance but let it get away. And now, he was here, alone in this damn bed, in the hospital, and Benny, his Benny, was up there in the Frozen North with his new lover, Stanley Raymond Kowalski... the guy who had taken his name, his life... his best friend... his lover.

Ray turned the radio on, closed his eyes and started to cry, letting the song fill him... sinking into the words....

It's time to let you go
It's time to say goodbye
There's no more excuses
No more tears to cry
There's been so many changes
I was so confused
All along you were the one
All the time I never knew

I want you to be happy
Your my best friend
But it's so hard to let you go now
All that could have been
I'll always have the memories
He'll always have you
Fate has a way of changing
Just when you don't want it to

Throw away the chains
Let love fly away
Till love comes again
I'll be okay

Life passes so quickly
You gotta take the time
Or you'll miss what really matters
You'll miss all the signs
I've spent my life searching
For what was always there
Sometimes it will be too late
Sometimes it won't be fair ...

"I'll Be Okay" by Amanda Mandall

The End.


Back to the Archive

Author's Web Page: http://homepages.go.com/~sylviainc/CallumKeithRennie.htm

PS: As you probably noticed, Orphan_Account is a nickname that I chose for the Archive, easier to write than Orphan Account... and, I’ve loved that name since I saw Callum in The Outer Limits... that's for the short story....

Please, let me know if you like it... TYK... Sylvia