Mountie Sings Country

Copyright © Orphan_Account


Note: Hi everybody, this is the third story from the 'Songs' series ... Those fictions are not linked and can be read separately. Each song is a story on its own ... I just take a song and interpret it in a due SOUTH context. In this story, there are different songs used. I have to tell you too that I'm French-speaking, I did my best but I know my English is very very very bad ... so please forgive me for my mistakes ... TYK ... Enjoy your reading!

Rating: R.

Pairing: Fraser/Kowalski.

Warnings: This is a m/m, slash, Romance story ... Please, do not read it if you are under the legal age and/or if you are offended.

Summary : This story is some sort of 'déjà vu' ... Fraser and Ray have to protect a Canadian singer ... but this time, the singer is Shania Twain ...

Disclaimer : I do not own the characters in this story (unfortunately), they belong to Alliance (lucky guys) ... I just borrow them for our enjoyment and will give them back later ... much later ... when I'll have an epiphany :) ! ... I do not own either the songs used in this story ... they belong to Shania Twain and her husband/producer Jhon 'Mutt' Lange.


Mountie Sings Country

by Orphan_Account

Some sort of 'déjà vu' ... Inspector Thatcher is in her office, sticking envelopes ... Fraser is standing in front of her, waiting for the details of his new mission.

"These orders are straight from the Minister of Industry, Trade and Commerce."

Fraser takes the file and read it.

"I see. They're classified, Sir."

Thatcher is still licking her envelopes. She looks rather irritated by this mission.

"Canada's Sweetheart needs protecting!"

Fraser doesn't seem to understand why they need him.

"They feel her life may be in danger while she's here in Chicago?"

Thatcher is really nervous and irritated now.

"Danger! As if those pencil-neck geeks in Industry, Trade and Commerce would know danger if it jumped up and pierced their spleen with an ice pick!!! I know danger! I live danger!"

Now, Fraser looks pretty confused. He tries to calm down Thatcher.

"Sir?"

"Yes Fraser?"

"I don't exactly understand what my mission is ..."

"Well, Fraser, you'll have to bodyguard her, Turnbull, you and Vecchio."

"Understood. May I ask you, Sir, when is Miss Twain due to arrive?"

"Yes, Constable. Her plane lands in 2 hours. Detective Vecchio is already briefed by Lieutenant Welsh. He'll pick you up here in 30 minutes. Then, you'll go to the airport and escort her to her hotel."

"Understood, Sir. Is that all?"

"Yes, Fraser. Dismiss!"

 

♪ ♫ ♪ ♫ ♪ ♫ ♪ ♫ ♪ ♫ ♪ ♫ ♪ ♫ ♪ ♫ ♪ ♫ ♪ ♫ ♪ ♫ ♪ ♫ ♪ ♫ ♪ ♫

 

30 minutes later, Ray was at the Consulate. He burst into without knocking.

"Hey Turnbull, what's up? Where's Fraze?"

"Ray already knew the answer but he couldn't go in Fraser's office just like that, not when the Ice Queen was in her office... So, he waited for Turnbull's 'feu vert'.

"Hi Ray. I'm fine thank you and you?"

"Good. So, where's Fraze?"

"Constable Fraser is in his office."

Ray went into Fraser's office, followed by Turnbull.

"It's okay, Turnbull, I know the way, I'm not gonna loose myself. I'm a big boy, ya know!"

"I'm sure you are Ray, but I have to go with you... I'm also assigned to the case."

Oh Lord! At this moment, all Ray wanted to do was pass a bullet trough his brain. Of course he liked Turnbull, but this guy was a kid with no experience, and he didn't wanna have to babysit him AND this damn woman he had never heard about.

"Ya're gonna work with us?"

"Yes, Ray."

"Oh great! That really butters my muffins..."

"Your muffins, Ray? Are you hungry?"

"No, I'm not. Turnbull, wait! No! Tunrbull. Turnbull! TURN ..."

But Turnbull was already gone in the direction of the kitchen. Great! So, Ray went in Fraser's office.

"Hi Ray!"

"Hi Fraze."

"So?"

"So ... what, Ray?"

"Tell me a little more about this China Dwin girl... I thought she was Canadian ..."

"Twain, Ray!"

"What?"

"Twain."

"Dwane?"

"Twain ... T-W-A-I-N, Ray. And she is Canadian."

"Canadian? Uh ? With a name like 'China' Dw ... uh ... Twain?!"

Turnbull was back now.

"Her name is Shania Twain, Ray."

"Shania Twain?!!! What's she? Some kind of Tribal Elder or somethin'?"

Fraser had a light smile on his face, Ray was too cute when he played kid like that.

"No, Ray. She's a real singer... Don't be stupid, you know I love you."

Ray's heart jumped in his chest. Did he really hear what Fraser just said?

"I ... I ... I beg ya pardon, Fraze?!"

"Don't be stupid, you know I love you... It's one of her song."

"Ah!... Oh..."

Ray felt disappointed. He had thought that Fraser mean ... oh forget it, he thought but ... he had also completely forgotten Turnbull.

"Whose bed have your boots been under?"

Ray came back to earth and started shouting at Turnbull.

"That's none of your business!"

Fraser was flying, it was funny the way Ray was susceptible on this subject.

"No, Ray, it's another song from Shania Twain."

"Ah..."

Fraser wanted to tease Ray and really know if Ray felt something for him.

"You've never heard one of her song?"

"Nope."

"Do you want that I sing a little one for you? We got time before going to the airport."

Ray likes Fraser's voice. He tried not to sound too exited.

"Yeah, if ya want."

Turnbull was so exited ... he was unable to keep still.

"Oh, yes. Yes. Yes. Yesssss."

Fraser took his guitar and started playing and singing the song: 'From This Moment'.

 

I do swear that I'll always be there
I'd give anything and everything
and I will always care
Through weakness and strength
happiness and sorrow
for better, for worse
I will love you
With every beat if my heart

From this moment life has begun
From this moment you are the one
Right beside you is where I Belong
From this moment on

From this moment I have been blessed
I live only for your happiness
And for your love I'd give my last breath
From this moment on

I give my hand to you with all my heart
Can't wait to live my life with you can't wait to start
You and I will never be apart
My dreams came true because of you

From this moment as long as I live
I will love you, I promise you this
There is nothing I wouldn't give
From this moment on

You're the reason I believe in love
And you're the answer to my prayers from up above
All we need is just the two of us
My dreams came true because of you

From this moment as long as I live
I will love you, I promise you this
There is nothing I wouldn't give
From this moment
I will love you as long as I live
From this moment on

- (Shania Twain - 'From This Moment On') -

 

Stan was shaking, flying, dreaming, sweating, ... he was breathless ... he couldn't move or talk anymore. Why the hell did Fraser choose this song? This woman had certainly more than 3 songs ... so why this one? Besides, he couldn't have mistaken the way Fraser looked at him while he was singing the whole song ... or if he did, he was certainly unhinged ... well ... now, he couldn't even remember his name. Fraser called him back to earth.

"Ray. Ray. Ray! RAY!"

"Yeah?"

"Are you all right?"

Fraser was now sure that Ray had understood his feelings, by the way Ray was as red as his own Red Serge and the way he was quite. All he was hoping is that this silence wasn't a bad one ... that Ray wasn't ready to explode and kick him in the head.

"Yeah ... uh ... that ... that was ... uh ... great ... I mean ... loved it ... the song ... you ... I mean ... uh ... you singing the song ... I ... uh ..."

Turnbull, who hadn't the faintest idea of what was happening, interfered, coming to Ray's rescue without knowing it.

"It's a wonderful song isn't it? And, Sir, Detective Vecchio is right, you've got such a marvelous voice."

"Thank you Turnbull and thank YOU, Ray."

Fraser deliberately insisted when he said 'YOU' ... but now, they had to focus back on the mission and go to the airport.

"Ray, we have to go to the airport, are you ready?"

"Uh, yeah, I guess..."

"And you, Turnbull?"

"Yes, Sir. But what about the muffins?"

Fraser looked at Turnbull, questioning.

"The muffins...?"

"Yes, Detective Vecchio was hungry."

"You're hungry, Ray?"

"Me, hungry?"

Then he remembered the 'butters my muffins' part ...

"Uh, no. Forget about it... it's okay. So, Pity, patter, let's get at 'er!"

 

♪ ♫ ♪ ♫ ♪ ♫ ♪ ♫ ♪ ♫ ♪ ♫ ♪ ♫ ♪ ♫ ♪ ♫ ♪ ♫ ♪ ♫ ♪ ♫ ♪ ♫ ♪ ♫

 

And the 3 of them went to the airport to wait for the singer 'Shania Twain'. Her plane landed and they took her to her hotel. They wait till she was ready for the evening concert. Then, they drove her to the café where the representation was.

Shania Twain was performing on scene. Ray and Fraser were posted in a private loge, where nobody couldn't see them. They were watching at her, looking if anybody was there to intend on her life... but everybody had been checked at the door and everything looked perfect.

It was heaven. The room was dark, the music was wonderful, they were so close to each other. Turnbull was in front of the scene, singing like a freak ... so they were alone. Shania was now singing another song called: "You've got a way". Ray listened to the lyrics and then approached Fraser, standing just behind him. Fraser could feel Ray's warmth against his back. Ray started to whisper in Fraser's hear.

"Fraze ... You've got a way with me ..."

And Ray started singing in Fraser's hear, accompanying Shania performance on scene.

 

You've got a way with me
You've got a way it seems
You gave me faith to find my dreams
You'll never know just what that means
Can't you see. You got a way with me

It's in the way you want me
It's in the way you hold me
The way you show me just what love's made of
It's in the way we make love

You've got a way with words
You get me smiling even when it hurts
There's no way to measure what your love is worth
I can't believe the way you get through to me

Oh, how I adore you
Like no one before you
I love you just the way you are
It's just the way you are

- (Shania Twain - 'You've Got A Way') -

 

Fraser turned to face Ray. Their chest were now touching.

"I really do, Ray?"

"Oh yeah, Benton buddy. If you wanna touch me, ask."

"Uh, Ray, I think the title is ... If you wanna touch 'HER' ask .. not ..."

Ray bends his head and gives Fraser a little kiss in the neck then whispered in Fraser's hear...

"I wasn't talkin' about the song, Fraze."

"Ah."

Ray leaned on Fraser, pressed his lips slowly on Fraser's and they started kissing. Ray encircled Fraser's with his arms and Fraser did the same, carressing Ray's back. Ray started licking Fraser's upper lip, then his bottom lip. Ray slid his tongue slowly into Fraser's mouth, filling it, tasting him, meeting Fraser's tongue. They kissing lovingly. Then, they break for air. Ray looked into Fraser's wonderful blue eyes.

"Fraze?"

"Yes, Ray?."

"I love you, Fraser."

"And I you, Ray."

♥ ♥ ♥

The End.


Back to the Archive

Author's Web Page: http://homepages.go.com/~sylviainc/CallumKeithRennie.htm

PS: As you probably noticed, "Orphan_Account" is a nickname that I've chosen for the Archive, easier to write than "Orphan Account" ... and, I love that name since I saw Callum in "The Outer Limits" ... that's for the short story ...