These Characters do not belong to me. They belong to Alliance.



M/M NC/17 BF/RK/RK GRAPHIC CONTENT



maria jackson





"PERPETUAL BLISS"

(SEQUEL TO DEARLY BELOVED)



"Mrs. Kowalski! Come right over here! Stanley has great news for you! In fact we all need to celebrate!" smiled Vecchio as he ushered Mrs. Kowalski to his desk.



Stan hurriedly ran and intercepted his mom from Vecchio's arm. "Thanks a lot Vecchio. Mom come over here!" he guided her to his desk.



She looked to her only offspring, Stanley "What good news is he talking about Stanley?"



Stan pulled up a seat for her and she noticed Fraser close by and she smiled. "Hello Constable Fraser, how are you today?".



Fraser smiled cheerfully. "So kind of you to ask, I am doing rather well today Mrs. Kowalski and you ma-am?"



Vecchio came up behind Fraser and patted his back "Oh yes, he is doing remarkably well for a man who just got ma...."



Stan interrupted "Vecchio don't you have some real work to do? Mom, what are you doing here?"



She turned her attention to her son and smiled "I came to see if you could make time to go help your dad with the car Stanley. He is having such a difficult time with it."



Stan sat on his desk and asked "Why didn't you just call me?"



"I did, but they said you did not show up for work this morning. Were you sick?" she questioned.



Vecchio smiled "Only with some leg cramps but that is why he had Benny to help him out all night and morning. Right Benny?"



Fraser puzzled by the statement stood idly by in his red serge jacket and Stetson and replied "I don't understand what you are referring to Ray?"



Stan glanced at Vecchio standing by just itching to tell her and wanted to step on him like the insect that he was.



Vecchio chided "he was busy at the hotel with the Constable here. Seems they went and got........"



Stan snapped "Don't you have work to do?"



Vecchio smiled 'No I don't, now why don't you tell her the news Stan, Mrs. Kowalski, Stan got marri . . . " "



Stan pushed Vecchio back a little. "No! Don't!"



"She stared at both of them confused. "Stan is something wrong?"



Stan got up "No mom it's just, well I have a lot of work to do and I'll be over at your house as soon as I get out. So you go and . . . "



There was a loud shriek in the coffee room. They all ran to see what was happening. Dewey was kneeling on the floor holding Fran's head up. Fraser ran in followed by Stan then Vecchio.



"What happened to her" asked Fraser taking over for Dewey.



Dewey smiled "Seems she just passed out."



Fraser took hold of her head and checked her vitals. "She seems to be all right. She has fainted" assured Fraser.



Fran's eyes fluttered then she opened her eyes and smiled to see her prince charming holding her gently in his strong powerful hands like she had always dreamed of. Firm strong arms, beautiful sculptured face and those azure shining eyes staring anxiously into her eyes. He wore his red serge jacket nicely buttoned and strapped in all the right places and then that musical masculine voice that always sent shivers up her spine spoke to her.



"Francesca, are you all right?" queried Fraser concerned.



Suddenly it dawned on her why she had passed out and a vicious snarl contorted her face as the anger consumed her. Enraged she slapped Fraser's handsome face.



Stunned Fraser gasped and released the hold on her head as she fell back to the floor. His body recoiled away from her.



The slap echoed in the silent room with a loud crack and everyone gasped at what had occurred.



Stan quickly ran to her and blurted out "Are you crazy Fran! What is . . . "



But, just as quick as a snake snaps its prey, she grabbed Stan by the collar and pulled him down toward her. She muttered viciously something about some mother fucker and then without warning she dealt Stan a ferocious slap raking her nails across his cheek.



Stan yelped "Owwwwwwchhhh!" and savagely grabbed her wrist pinning her to the ground while straddling her. Stan vehemently snarled "Are you insane woman! What the hell do you . . . "



But she snapped back enraged. "I'll show how insane I am you piece of shi........" but the words were cut off when she jerked her knee up to make contact with his balls and Stan drew in a harsh breath.



He fell back landing on his butt first then he kneeled forward as he grabbed his family jewels and gasped laying his head on the floor. "auggggghhhhhh . . . Damn it Fran! Damn you!" he tried to catch his breath.



Everyone was shocked, stunned, mesmerized or simply dumbfounded.



Fraser stepped forward to help Stan but Francesca hissed at him and it stopped him cold in his tracks.



Shakily she managed to get up and adjust her hair and dress. She slapped her hands together as if trying to shake the dirt off and snapped at Stan who was still kneeling. "Serves you right you piece of...........No, no I won't say it because I am too much of a lady! But at least I know Stanley Raymond Kowalski-Fraser that I have put you out of commission for tonight! You can't reproduce with him anyway so you won't need what you got in those ba . . . Oh never mind!" she stormed out angrily pushing and tunneling through the shocked crowd.



Mrs. Kowalski was stunned.



Welsh calmly strolled in "Kowalski! My office, NOW! Seems a certain Father Carson just telephoned me with some distressing news! Is anyone going to file charges in here? If not then you people get back to work!"



Fraser went to assist Stan. "Are you all right Stan? Let me check those nail scratches on your face."



Stan regaining his breath muttered. "I'm ok Frasze. Let it go. I better go see what he wants!" Stan suddenly realized his mother was gone. "Frasze? Where is my mother?"



Vecchio had her sat at his desk and Stan limped over quickly.



"Mom! Vecchio don't! Don't tell her!" Mom come on. I'll escort you to your car and I'll see you after work!" he took her arm and tugged at her.



"Stanley what is going on here? Are you in trouble?" she asked as she was being escorted out.



Stan pulled her to the door "No mom. I'll explain all this when I get there!"



Fraser accompanied them and held the door open for her.



She glanced worriedly at Fraser "Would you tell me what is going on?"



Fraser glanced anxiously at Stan then stated "Why don't we just tell her Stan. I am sure she will under . . . "



Stan was upset, confused and hurting so he snapped at Fraser "No! Just don't say a word Fraser! I mean it!"



She anxiously stared at Fraser pleading him with her eyes.



Fraser saw the worry in those eyes and he pleaded with Stan "Stan Please, how can it hurt to tell her what we did!"



Stan grabbed his arm, pulled him close and whispered "Shut up Fraser! I cannot just blurt something like this out to her here!"



Fraser whispered "I am not telling you to blurt it out Stan, just tell her what we did. Tell her how we feel, about us being . . . "



Stan was angry now "I told you no Fraser! Please!" snapped Stan wondering what else could possibly go wrong. "Please Fraser!" he pleaded.



Fraser looked to Mrs. Kowalski's anxious face and then turned to Stan upset. He ran his thumb nail across his eyebrow before he tried to reason with Stan knowing he would have to face his wrath. Fraser charged "But she needs to know Stan!"



Stan came unglued and snapped at Fraser "I already told you to shut up and get inside!"



Fraser stared at him distressed with his tone of voice and turned to leave.



Stan grabbed his arm. "Benton . . . " But Fraser stiffened at his touch and went inside.

******************************************************************

Stan rushed in after seeing his mother off and saw Vecchio at his desk with Fraser. He marched over and grabbed Vecchio's shirt and snapped "you have better not say a damn thing to my mother Vecchio!"



Vecchio smiled "Is that a threat Stanley, because if it is, then I am so scared!"



Stan snorted "You better be scared Vecchio!"



Vecchio smiled "Relax Stanley, I won't have to say a damn thing. Nope not one damn thing because he'll do it for you!" Vecchio pointed to Fraser.



Stan turned to see Fraser headed to Welsh's office and let Vecchio go. He hurried and stepped in front of Fraser "Where do you think you're going?"



Fraser stated flatly "To see Leuftenant Welsh, he wanted to speak with us Stan."



Stan took a couple of deep breaths trying to control his temper "Listen Frasze, . . . I am sorry I yelled at you in front of my mom, there is just so much happening right now . . . Look you stay here and I will sort this out with Welsh. Ok?"



Huey passed by "Kissy, kissy! You two fighting already?"



Stan gave him an angry smirk not that it did any good and snapped "We're not married!"



Huey smiled "Who you trying to convince Stan? Ask the Mounty and he'll say differently." He smirked and retreated.



Fraser stared at Stan and confirmed Huey's statement "We are married Stan. We are very much married."



Agitated Stan demanded an explanation. "How do you figure we're married Fraser? What kinda logic do you base this on, I'm interested to know?"



Fraser was eager to explain "Stan it stands to reason that an actual priest performed the ceremony with no knowledge that I, being the bride of course, was male. He indeed married us. Therefore, we were united as a couple by the vows and promises we made to each other. If it had been a mock priest then we would not be bound by the vows of holy matrimony."



Stan exhaled tiredly knowing he couldn't argue with Fraser right now. "Look you stay here, and stay away from Vecchio!"



Stan rushed into Welsh's office closing the door behind him.



Welsh opened the door and pulled Fraser in also. "This involves you too!"



Stan and Fraser stood before him as he sat on his desk chair. "Ya wanted to see me Sir?" asked Stan.

Welsh started "Well should I congratulate you first or do you want to tell me about

this marriage of yours to Fraser?"



Stan sputtered "Marriage? I can explain everything Lieutenant, we are not really legally married it's just that . . . "



Fraser cut in "I beg to differ Stan, we are very much married"



Stan bit his lip as he looked to him then turned to Welsh "Anyway it seems that our decoy had an appendicitis attack and Fraser . . . "



Welsh smiled and nodded yes "I assumed the Mountie would be involved."



Stan continues "Well he had this great idea that he should be the bride so we could catch our killer. And for some "freak of nature" the priest sort of married us."



Welsh kept looking at Fraser then questioned him "What is that on your neck Constable Fraser?"



Fraser in his red serge jacket and hands clasped behind his back had forgotten the love marks Stan had left on his neck yesterday on their honeymoon. Fraser blushed and looked to his boots "Well Leftenant, uh . . . Stan said they are referred to as hick . . . "



Stan quickly cut in "Are we through Sir?"



Welsh directed his attention to Stan "No, of course not! What about the department paying this room for your honey moon? You and Fraser had a honey-moon Detective?"



Stan cleared his throat, "Sir uh . . . we needed a room to catch our killer and . . . er . . . we did catch a killer didn't we?"



Welsh nodded affirmatively and added "You also caught him around midnight as your paperwork states but this bill says you and Fraser didn't leave till noon Detective. Why is that? You and Fraser called in sick and according to Thatcher you two were still at the hotel till noon. (He looked to Fraser) Constable what did you say that was on your neck?"



Fraser blushed and stammered "w-well it is . . . "



Stan nervously cut in again "Sir, we did leave at lunch time but you hav'ta . . . you see . . . well you hav'ta consider that we put you on the 10 o's: clock news, and you looked really good didn't he Frasze?"



Fraser smiled "Superb I would say!"



Stan smiled "We helped put a serial killer behind bars and . . . and all things considered we did pretty well huh?"



Welsh smiled proudly remembering. He received a commendation and the news coverage for the capture of this killer.



Anxiously Stan inquired "Can I get back to work now?" Welsh snapped out of his daydream and cleared his throat "No, there is still one more matter to discuss. According to Father Carson, there is still this matter of a marriage that has to be dissolved. You go and get this . . . this marriage annulled, divorced or whatever it is you have to do and do it now Detective! You know the department frowns on this sort of thing!"



Fraser looked to Stan confused when he answered. "Yes Sir! I'm all over it as we speak!"

Welsh glanced at the Constable "what did you say happened to your neck?"



Fraser stated "Stan happened."



Stan cut in "Carpet burns! He got scraped in the tumble!"



Welsh perplexed only nodded and added "Oh and by the way Congratulations on your wedding both of you."



Fraser beamed "Thank you kindly Leuftenant!"



Stan grabbed his arm and started to pull him out. "Oh and you two stay clear of Frannie!'



Stan pulled him out of the office and closed the door behind them. He whispered "Don't be doing that Fraser! .......Don't be thanking or letting anyone congratulate you on our wedding Frasze cos we're not married!'



Fraser stared into Stan's eyes "Of course we are Stan! Well not technically speaking per se but non the . . . "



Stan grabbed his upper forearm and leaned in closer whispering harshly "we're not married Fraser!"



Fran walked by them, stopped and stared.



Stan quickly released Fraser and she gave them an ice cold stare and walked away.



Vecchio smiled "Temper, Temper Stan. It makes no sense to beat your spouse especially not here in the precinct!"



Stan went over to him "You know what you remind me of Vecchio. A slimy piece of . . . "



Fraser grabbed his elbow and pulled him away to prevent a fight.



Huey made some remark and Duey laughed.





Agitated, Stan walked toward his desk followed by Fraser. Stan put his head on the desk as Fraser sat across from him and looked through his mail as he spoke. "Stan what we need to do . . . "



But they heard Vecchio yell. "Watch out!"



Stan looked up and saw a frightening scene coming his way. Francesca was heading to his desk like an enraged bull, eyebrows downward, eyes glaring, piercing into Stan, and nostrils flaring minus the smoke.



Fraser quickly jumped out of his chair and stepped behind it. First she approached the Mountie and stood in front of this terrified man that was afraid to even breath not knowing of her intentions.



She reached up and he flinched shutting his eyes tightly thinking he was going to be slapped again but she grabbed his velcro collar and yanked it opened spotting the tall-tell hickies that Ray had told her about.



"AAAAUUUUUGGGGG!" She screamed in anger and then she turned her wrath on Stan. She marched over to him fuming, straight into the chair he cowered in and jabbed her finger into his chest poking it with her finger nail.



Stan was frightened and leaned as far back as the chair would take him and stared at this mad woman having a keniption attack on him.



"Ok Punk! We need to talk! You took something that was mine and I deserve an explanation! Since we can't have this out woman to woman, you'll have to do Stanley! You'll talk or I will make your life miserable! I will drill you till you are pink in the face STANLEY!" she snarled through clenched teeth.



Stan got up and walked around her nervously as he stammered "O-ok Fran. Ok! I- I promise to talk to you later! I have to go see a priest right now! Let's go Frasze!" and they carefully went around her.

..

Vecchio, Huey and Dewey were cracking up laughing.



Stan actually grabbed Fraser by the hand and dragged him along holding his hand.



They quickly got into the car and Stan could finally breathe.

****************************************************************



"No Stan, I think not!" stated Benton upset as he fumbled with his Stetson.



"Wha'da you mean no Benton! We have to get a divorce or an annulment or whatever it is that they do! You heard the Lieutenant!" added Stan lousing his patience with Fraser.



Fraser took a deep breath and again tried to reason with Stan as they drove to the Sacred Heart Church where they were supposedly married. Fraser ran his thumb nail across his eye and looked to Stan "Stan please. You don't seem to understand the complexities of this situation. It is not so easy to just dissolve this union. We can try to reason with Lieutenant Welsh why we are together, I cannot just go and get a "divorce" as you put it! There are other factors involved here, doesn't it stand to reason that we already consummated our marriage also Stan?"



Stan didn't know whether to be shocked or angry with Fraser's logic. He fought with himself to remain calm "Ok Benton please listen to me, this has nothing to do with my love for you! Because I already told you that I do love you and I do. It's just that we hav'ta dissolve this . . . marriage for the sake of your job and mine! You just can't do this around here, maybe in Canada it could be done, who knows, but cops don't go around marrying their partners unless they are heterosexual or something! This is crazy! You know we're not even married for heaven's sake!"



Fraser was stung by his decision and "humphed" "Fine! Fine Stan, I can see I will have no impact on you what so ever. Do it your way Mr. Instinct! Dissolve me any way your brain desires!"



Stan stunned with his reaction snapped "I can't believe this! I just told you that I love you and now you just shut me up like that! What is that Fraser? .........Hell no Fraser! Why can't you just say you love me too and try to at least understand? Talk to me Fraser!"



But Fraser was through talking so he crossed his arms and looked out the side window frustrated not saying a word.



Stan was pissed and slammed on the steering wheel as he drove "Oh come on! Now I am the bad guy! Man! We're married one day and now you . . . yesterday you said you loved me and now you don't love me Fraser? Is that it? I need to know! Shit!"



Fraser snapped angrily "I thought you said we are not married Stan?"



Stan was furious and pulled over at the church. "We're not!" he got out and went around to open the door for Fraser but he refused to get out. Stan snapped "Will you get out! We have to talk to the priest! You have to come too! Aw come on Fraser, stop acting like a child and get outa the car!"



Fraser stared at him and added "Your going to dissolve our marriage are you not?"



Stan lowered his head and tried to keep calm. "Yes!" he whispered.



Fraser got out defeated, smoothed down his red serge jacket and put on his Stetson as he walked along the corridors stiffly.



Stan got in front of him and stopped him "Are you going ta talk to me! I need to know if you still love me Fraser!"



Fraser ignored him and kept on walking.



Stan was furious and followed behind him with hands in his pockets. They sat in the room silently waiting for the priest to arrive and neither spoke.



Fraser sat bolt upright and held his Stetson and Stan sat slumped back into the chair trying to talk to Fraser. "Fraser talk ta me. " Fraser! Benton? " "Benton I need to know if you . . . " but the priest came in.



Stan remembered this short Santa Claus type looking priest complete with white beard and mustache. He seemed to be at least a hundred years old. One of those monk types with so much wisdom and knowledge etched in him by years of priesthood. He reminded Stan of those centuries old priest locked away in some old monastery.



He smiled at them amused and greeted them "Hello Constable Benton Fraser and Detective Stanley Raymond Kowalski. And how is the married couple doing today?"



Stan laughed sarcastically and Benton greeted him politely then leaned forward placing his elbows on his knees and holding his Stetson.



Father Carson added "Do I detect some anger and perhaps some hostility in here?"



Stan got up to pace, running his hand into his spiked blond hair and added "We need ta get an annulment or divorce or whatever they do here father. Lieutenant Welsh wants this pushed under the carpet as quickly as possible."



The priest looked to a very solemn Mounty and motioned Stan to please sit. Father Carson sensed they were both stressed. "So I can see this marriage is already in trouble."



Stan laughed again at the ironic statement. "We're not actually married you know."



Father Carson studied Stan and corrected him."Oh, but you are wrong Detective Kowalski, you are very much married. Now lets see what we can do about an annulment, but first you tell me one thing Detective, did you consummate this marriage?"



The statement hit Stan like a brick in the face and he shot straight up like a bullet quickly walking behind his chair "Whoaaaaaa! What kinda question is that! We're not here for twenty questions! We just need to get this marriage over with!"



Stan paced placing one hand on his hip and the other spiking up his hair even more.



Father Carson glanced to Fraser again and then back to Stan and proceeded "You seem very eager to undo this union Detective."



Stan glared at him "Doesn't it seem odd to you Father that we got married in the first place? Doesn't this go against your teachings?"



Father Carson nodded "Yes it does Detective Kowalski but I have stopped questioning God years ago and merely do his bidding. Now will you answer my question. Did you sleep with Constable Fraser."



Fraser sat silently all this time staring to the floor as he held his Stetson.



Father Carson directed the question to Fraser "Ok young man you tell me, did he sleep with you son?"



Stan quickly walked toward the desk and pounded on it with a clenched fist "OK! Ok! I slept with him, He slept with me, who cares? We made love what else do you need to know for heaven's sake! We both consented to do this! We're both adults and knew what we were doing!" barked Stan angry.



Father Carson kindly motioned for him to sit down and Stan did.



Father Carson turned to Fraser. "Are you in love with him young man?"



Stan was about to jump up and speak but Father Carson gestured for him not to talk and to remain sat.



Fraser sat up "Yes Sir I am in love with him. Although I cannot understand his reasons for wanting to dissolve our union. It is I, who refuses to do so."



Stan breathed in so loudly that both turned to look at him.



Father Carson turned to him now "Ok, now you Detective Kowalski. Are you in love with this man?"



Kowalski took a deep breath and couldn't believe what he was being asked by a priest of all people. He simply nodded yes but couldn't answer.



" I didn't hear your answer Detective Kowalski" quieted the fatherly old man.



Stan could not look him in the eye and stared at the floor affirming "I-I . . . am in love with him but he . . . he doesn't want to understand that we need to get this done! It has to be done!"



Father Carson walked over to the window and looked outside pensively and stated "I cannot help you at this time with your problem Detective, it's not as easy as you think this is."



Incredulous Stan jumped out of his chair and snapped "Why not! You married us, can't you just like un marry us! You know like preform some kind of exorcism, ritual or something? "



The priest laughed and waved his hand across his face "It's not like some hocus- pocus trick I can just wave my wand at Detective. You do realize whom you married. You married a Royal Canadian Mounty Police. Have you stopped to consider the ramifications involved if you divorce him or you force him to divorce you? Their code of ethics is strict, unlike some people's ethics in this community, his word is likened to the spoken truth, it is believed to be as good as gold. Do you realize what your asking him to do, to go against his principals, his upbringing, his teachings to appease you? . You want to make a liar out of him is that it? If he breaks his vows and promises he made to you under God's eyes would it make life easier for you? Can you live with that, do you think he can live with that? Have you given this any thought at all? Have you considered the consequences at all young man?"



Stan was dumbfounded and felt ashamed, but he didn't have a decision in being married in the first place. All he had thought about was himself in this mess, of how to get out of this as quickly as possible to satisfy Welsh and end the teasing and taunting. He looked to Fraser who still refused to look at him. Stan nodded "I see. What do we do now?"



Father Carson replied "Both of you need to go home and discuss this tonight, tomorrow you come back and tell me what you have decided. We'll do whatever you two decide then."



Stan confused nodded and they both left in silence.



*****************************************************************



Once in the car Fraser still refused to speak with him, he just stared out of the side window confused with Stan's adamant need to leave him, to divorce him, to dissolve him.



"Fraser, come on, you have to talk ta me! We have to decide on what we're gonna do! You know I love you."



Fraser gave him an ice cold stare and demanded "Drop me off at the Consulate Stan. I have to go to work"



Stan was furious "Fraser! Don't do this to me! Man Fraser! Don't treat me like this! We need to talk!"



Fraser snapped "Fine then let me off here Stan. I would rather walk!"



Stan stared at him angry "No! Your not going anywhere till we talk!"



Fraser threatened "If you do not let me get off I will jump out of your car!" he demanded.



The car shrieked as Stan furiously applied the brakes. "Fine! Go ahead and go then!"



Fraser got out and deliberately slammed the door.



Stan peeled off angry.



**********************************************************************



As soon as he entered the police station Vecchio was all over him "Well? Are you two divorced now?"



Stan pushed past him "Leave me alone Vecchio, I have a lot of work to do!"



Huey smiled "Man marriage does change a guy as they say. !" and they laughed.



Stan glared at Huey angrily and went to his desk.



Dewey hummed the wedding march every time he passed by his desk.



Huey kept teasing him relentlessly.



Stan didn't know how much more he could take of this so he decided to go for a long drive.



**********************************************************************



When he parked in front of the Consulate, he realized he was thirty minutes early.



Turnball came out to his car "Detective Kowalski. Constable Fraser has informed me to notify you that he will not need a ride home tonight because he will be working late with . . . "



Stan was out of the car fast. "Oh no he doesn't! He will not do this to me! He is going to have ta talk to me!" yelled Stan running up the step's two at a time.



Turnball was puzzled.



He practically threw the front door open and yelled "Constable Fraser! I need to talk to you now!" as he marched in enraged.



Thatcher and Fraser stepped out into the hallway completely puzzled at the noise.



Thatcher gasped "Detective Kowalski! What seems to . . . "



Stan walked past her "I need to talk to Constable Fraser, Inspector, it is urgent!"



Thatcher shaken by his outburst looked to her watch "Well he will be through in . . . "



Stan grabbed Fraser from the arm and pulled his jacket dragging him to his office. Enraged he stated "Ma-am you don't seem to understand the urgency of this call!" Stan pushed him into his office and locked the door.



Thatcher followed along and then the door slammed in her face.



Stan yelled as he paced not caring who heard him "Ok! All I want to know is do you love me! Yes or no, just yes or no! Yesterday when we got married you said you loved me but now you act as if you hate me!"



Thatcher gasped leaning into the wall to keep from falling, holding her chest as her breath got caught in her throat.



Fraser also was angry and snapped "Stan this is not a question of my love for you! I already confirmed that I do! Yesterday when I married you I knew what I was doing, It is you . . . "



But Stan and Thatcher were both struck with that statement, both for different reasons. Stan yelled incredulous "Y-you tricked me into marrying you! You tricked me Benton! I can't believe what I'm hearing you son of a b**ch!" and Stan slapped Fraser.



Enraged Fraser slapped him back as the crack echoed in the small quarters.



Both were stunned, but Fraser quickly regained his composure and tried to explain his statement. "Stan what I meant was . . . "



But Stan wouldn't hear it and instead he furiously punched the wall missing Fraser's head by an inch, unlocked the door and stormed off. Running out he collided into a shocked Inspector who still held her chest and her mouth open. Stan practically ran to his car as he passed her.



Fraser ran out also bumping into Thatcher and catching her in his arms. He saw that shocked look in her face and Fraser stared at her bewildered himself, he then ran after Stan but was too late, he had driven off in a frenzy.

********************************************************************



Stan, furiously hurt, drove angrily at the thought that his best friend had seduced and used him. He headed back to his office to get his coat and some files. Ignoring all the guys teasing him, he hurried to his car. Upon arrival he couldn't believe his eyes as Frannie sat in the front seat. He practically fell apart then yelled"Get out of my car Frannie!" as he went to buckle in.



Frannie nodded "Hell no Stanley we are going to talk, you promised me! We need to talk!"



Agitated Stan slammed his fist on the dashboard. "Fran, get the fuck out of my car!"



She nodded no and refused to budge.



Stan fumed silently while she stated. "I already told you that I am not leaving do you understand me Stanley!"

Stan angrily peeled off headed toward her house. "Ok Fran, talk! Tell me what the fuck you want and then leave me alone!"



Fran had prepared her speech to confront Stan "Ok Stanley, did you two really get married or is this some kind of stupid joke thought up by Huey and Dewey?"



Stan put his sunglasses on and laughed "Oh it's some joke all right, and I just found out this fucking joke is on me! Of course we're married, don't you believe us? Since when does the Mounty lie Fran? Haven't you seen the ring he's wearing Francesca?! The ring I put on his finger! The wedding that your brother attended as my best man! Where Huey and Dewey were witnesses! What more evidence do you need!"



Fran did not hear any of his babbling because all she heard was * of course we're married* her heart pounded in her ears deafening her and her eyes filled with tears.



Stan had just ripped her heart out of her chest unmercifully. Her voice shook and trembled as she mumbled "H-how could be you Stanley! H-how . . . how could you do this to me! You know how much I love him! you knew I wanted to marry him! How could you do this to me?!"



Stan didn't answer her as she sobbed.



She wailed "Dam you Stanley answer me! How could you do this?!" she hit his forearm as he drove.



Stan calmly replied "For your information I didn't do anything to you Fran! He married me."



Again she started sobbing.



Stan looked her way and felt guilty at having caused her pain."Aw Fran! Don't do that! Come on! I didn't do this on purpose! I didn't mean to hurt you!" He pulled over at her house. "Man Fran don't cry! I don't know what else to tell you!"



She got out of the car and Stan did too. "Fran I really did not mean to hurt anyone!"



She was upset and attacked Stan."But you did you bastard! You took him from me! He was mine!" she pounded his chest with her closed fist as Stan held her forearms and allowed her to hit him.

Stan did not move as she kept hitting him with clenched fists on his chest.



Vecchio had just arrived and watched from his car and knew exactly how Fran felt since he too had lost his best friend to Kowalski. "You beat him up for us sis." He whispered.



She exhausted herself with the crying she had done all day and she barked at him one more time "Are you going to stay married to him?" she demanded to know.



Stan would not answer.



But she was relentless and demanded an answer "I am talking to you Stanley Kowalski! I need to know! I have a right to know! You don't even care about him! Your just using him you piece of . . . "



Stan yelled back at her "Yes! Yes I am going to stay with him, Damn you Fran! He married me didn't he? Damn it Fran, if you must know I am in love with him too! Is that so hard for you to believe?!"



She calmed down a little.



Some of the Vecchio family had peeked out at the argument but then went on their ways. They had seen Stanley and Fran fight before, not this bad but it wasn't unusual.



Fran wiped her eyes and nose, she looked to him and asked "Have you slept with him Stanley?"



"Ah Fran!" Stan moved away.



Fran glared "You need to tell me Stanley!"



Stan was exhausted with all the arguing that had taken place in just one day over one man. One wonderfully handsome man. He was afraid to answer, he was tired of hurting so many people because he chose to love this one man. He looked away and mumbled "F-fran, . . . Fran, Fraser and I slept together on the day of the wedding."



She gasped shocked and she started sobbing again running away into her house.



Stan hating himself got back into his car.

********************************************************************

He was a nervous wreck as he drove around endlessly. Stan needed to talk to someone, he thought *whom the hell can I go talk to that isn't pissed with me! "Welsh is pissed and wants me to get an annulment, Frannie hates my guts, Vecchio, well he doesn't count, Huey and Dewey think this is a big joke! And Fraser, Oh God Fraser probably hates my guts too for trying to divorce him. I have no one to talk to."* He pitied himself as tears rolled down his face*. Then it hit him. "I know! Father Carson! I can talk to him!" and he drove on.

******************************************************************

Fraser stood at the front desk of Inspector Thatcher and noticed she was visibly shaken.



She looked to him "Yes Constable?" she took a deep breath afraid of what he was going to tell her.



"Sir, I have finished my duties, may I leave now?" asked Fraser at attention.



Thatcher was grateful he did not mention this mess to her. Then she saw the ring on his finger and she felt a stab of pain in her heart. She felt like she was going to be sick and motioned for him to leave afraid to speak for fear her voice would give her away.

*********************************************************************

Stan went to his apt to get dressed so he could go help his dad with the car. Quickly he showered, changed and ran to his car anticipating to visit father Carson's first. He stopped dead in his tracks when he saw Inspector Thatcher leaning on his car. Mumbling to himself *Aw shit, now what! How much more of this can I take* ' "Can I help you Inspector?"



Thatcher looked up to him but did not move afraid that her knees would buckle from under her. "D-Detective I need to talk to you."



Stan moved in closer to her and leaned on his car. "Talk about what Inspector?"



Her red-rimmed eyes were puffy. *probably from crying over Fraser* thought Stan but so was his.



"She wiped at her nose and asked "Did you and Constable Fraser get married, is that my understanding?"



Stan stuck his hands into his pocket as he played with a toothpick in his mouth "Did he tell you that?"



Thatcher wiped at her nose again "No he did not, I overheard your conversation, I just need to know . . . please."



Stan thought *and this is the ice queen! She doesn't look chilly to me now. * "Look Inspector, you have to ask Fraser about this I can't . . . "



She nodded no furiously "Please Kowalski I need for you to tell me if it's true!" she sobbed in her hands.



Stan looked to his feet "Jeessssh! Ok. Ok. We got married but it was an accident, it wasn't supposed to happen! It was a mistake! Part of our coverup! . Ok?"



She cried into her hands. Then she straightened up and hoarsely added "Rumor has it that both of you spend the night making love at the hotel. I saw the marks on Constable Fraser's neck but I thought he had bruised himself in the scuffle."



Stan was very quiet for a while then added "Look Inspector, I don't know what kinda relationship you and Frasze have but what we did is kinda personal. It has nothing to . . . "



But she got angry demanding an answer "We have nothing between us Kowalski, I do deserve an answer or at the very least an explanation! You can at least do that!" she spat the words at him.



Stan was so tired and confused as to who owed what to whom so he blurted it out "Ok! Ok! Since everyone thinks I owe them a fucking answer, if the whole world needs to know then yes, we made love, we had sex, we did it all! . Are you satisfied?! Is everyone in this town satisfied?!" Stan panted in anger as he stood idly by not knowing what to do.



She did not cry now but wiped her face and added " Thank you. I would appreciate it if you did not mention me being here to Fraser. Oh and by the way, Congratulations Detective." She morosely walked to her car.

***********************************************************************

Stan parked his car and got out slamming the car door as he hurried into his mom's house. Once inside he yelled "Mom! Mom where are you!"



Smiling to hear Stan's voice she came into the kitchen but when she took one look at Stan's face she frowned. "Stanley what is wrong?"she asked worried.



Stan's eyes were red rimmed from the crying he had done all evening. The priest had not been in so he came over here instead. Stan looked away before the tears threatened to come again. "Mom, I hav'ta talk to you. There is no one else I can talk to and I don't even know if you will understand! You might not want to hear this but I have no choice!"



She patted his back and guided him to the table as his tears came slowly again, She served him some coffee "You know you can always talk to your mother Stanley. What is it Stanley? What is wrong? You know you can tell me anything!"



The phone rang and they both ignored it.



Stan cried into his coffee, not because he wanted to but the tears refused to stop. He knew he could cry all he wanted and only his mom would care and listen like no one else did today.



He covered his face and tried to explain through the tears. "Mom, I got married yesterday. Not a real marriage, I mean the marriage was a set up to catch a killer and we both knew this at the time, at least I thought we both knew. The problem is that I need to get this marriage annulled and he doesn't want us to get it annulled! He knows that I am deeply in love with him and now he is angry with me because he thinks I don't even care, but I do! When we were at the hotel he told me he loved me too but now I don't know if that's even true!"



She sat baffled at his rambling not understanding at all what was going on. All she understood was that Stan had gotten married to someone and he had to get it annulled. She didn't understand the part about the "Him"



Stan looked to her puzzled face and knew she did not understand what he was telling her.



He took a deep breath and started again "Mom, I don't know what or how this happened but I fell in love with a man, we went undercover and I had to marry him undercover but it turned out that an actual wedding took place. Now I have to dissolve this marriage but he doesn't want us to break it up so he is upset with me and refuses to talk to me. Welsh has already warned I that I have to divorce him for the sake of the department. This marriage could damage his and my career's, not that my job is important but his is!"



Now she understood what he was saying to her and was a little shaken up. She reached to her hurting son and squeezed his arm."Oh my God Stanley. Why didn't you tell me sooner? Oh Stanley, I am so very sorry. What are you going to do?"





Stan stared at her and nodded negatively "I really don't know. He is so upset with me and refuses to even discuss this with me. At first he told me he loved me and then I find out that maybe he lied to me. That he may have tricked me into marrying him. He knew it was a real marriage taking place and he knew once we got hitched we couldn't get out of it! He didn't warn me, he didn't tell or even asked me, he just lied!" Stan started to cry again angrily at being deceived by Fraser.



His mother reached over and hugged him and he cried on her shoulder.

"Mom, what is I going to do! I love him so much and I can't make him understand! It hurts so much, and I trusted him!" he cried.



Sympathizing with her son, she could only hug her baby and share this pain that was tormenting him.



He cried tears of frustrations on her shoulder.



She managed to get him to sit down and served him some more coffee. She took his hand patting it and asked "Stanley, sweetheart do you want to tell me who this person is, do I know him?" she gingerly wiped his tears with a napkin.



He stared at his coffee and wiped his face as his voice cracked with emotion "It's Constable Benton Fraser mom."



She gasped within her but understood how anyone could fall in love with this beautiful, polite man, in fact she knew how every woman in the precinct was after him. She added "Stanley. He has called five times looking for you. He said he knew you would be here fixing your father's car that he needed to talk to you, something about being very important."



Stan snapped "I don't want to talk to him mom. I can't! He lied to me. He used me! I trusted him, he was supposed to be my friend!"



She nodded agreeably then asked "Stanley how did he use you? He seems like a wonderful person, so polite and gentlemanly."



Stan walked to the sink "He tricked me into marrying him knowing all along that we were not going to be able to get out of it! Knowing that it could destroy our lives! He could have asked me! He should have told me or given me a choice!" he said angrily.



Mrs. Kowalski walked over to him and hugged him from behind "Is marrying him so bad Stanley? If you love him and he loves you is that bad?"



Stan shook his head "Mom, but he lied to me!. He is supposed to be Mr. Honesty! He could have warned me that we were really getting married!"



She whispered "And if he had warned you Stanley would you not have married him? Would you have backed off? Have you stopped to consider what he is feeling about all this?"



Stan stared at her puzzled, with all his grief he had not stop to consider anything at all about this relationship to Fraser. He knew deep in his heart that he loved Fraser desperately and he knew Fraser loved him just as much. Why did he fear marriage so much? Was it because of Stella leaving him? But Fraser would not leave him of that he was sure of. *That was not the problem* thought Stanley. It was the fact Fraser had lied to him.



Both turned to the knock at the back door. Mrs. Kowalski went to answer the door and when she opened it she saw Fraser standing in blue jeans and a white shirt smiling sweetly.



"Good evening Mrs. Kowalski. May I please speak with your son?" the smiled never faltered.



She couldn't help but smile at that beautiful face and she looked to Stan as he stared at the sink hurting at the sound of that beautiful voice.



Stan snapped at him "I don't want to talk to you Fraser! We have nothing to discuss"



Fraser nodded "Ma-am Please, I really need to talk to him, may I please come in?"



She couldn't refuse his politeness and let him in regardless of Stan's anger.



Fraser smiled "Thank you kindly ma-am" and came in.



Stan went to sit by his coffee.



"Stan Please I need to talk to you. It is important please!" he begged.



Stan did not look up "No Fraser just go home, there is nothing left to say."



Mrs. Kowalski served Fraser some coffee and excused herself.



Fraser knelt by him and noticed he had been crying, he reached for Stan's hand and held it in both of his.



Stan yanked it away feeling as if he were stung by his touch but Fraser grabbed it again and held it firmly in his own hands. He kissed it gently and pressed it to his heart "Please let me explain myself Stan. I did not use you, and I would never do anything like that. I would never lie to you or undermined you into marrying me. I am very much in love with you"



Stan stared into those mesmerizing warm azure eyes who beaconed for forgiveness.



Fraser spoke softly "My intentions of this sham marriage were to apprehend a serial killer at whatever means deemed necessary! The senseless murder of innocent women outweighed our insignificant consequences, so I thought. But I was wrong Stan."



Fraser lovingly caressed the nail scratches Fran had raked across Stan's cheek" Stan I do understand how the taunting of your fellow peers makes it necessary to dissolve this marriage and I have come to agree with you. I will gladly go with you to Father Carson and dissolve this union. Stan I beg you to give me another chance to prove my love! Let's go to your apartment and I will demonstrate my undying love for you, please Stan." Pleaded Fraser on his knees staring up into Stan's wet stained eyes.



Stan looked into those eyes which expressed desire and love, and his beautiful raven black hair and pale white face with the high cheek bones made Stan realize why he had fallen in love with this man. Stan's tears burst through and Fraser's smile wavered



"Stan? What is wrong? Is that not what you wanted?" he was stunned by Stan's reaction.



Stan reached over and embraced him burying his face into his neck.



Fraser confused stood up holding him tightly as Stan continued to cry into his shoulder."Stan? What is it? What did I do?" asked Fraser uncertain.



Stan stopped crying and whispered "I just realized how much I love you and I was all wrong Benton! You were right Benton. You were so right!"



Fraser had no idea what he was referring to but continue to hold him and caress his soft blond hair from the back of his neck. Fraser whispered "I am in love with you Stan."



Stan sought Benton's warm mouth and pressed his mouth hungrily licking and sucking his lips, nipping him tenderly, tasting the inside of those beautiful lips.



Fraser moaned as the desire and lust quickly overpowered him. It seemed an eternity since they had last made love. Holding each other tightly they kissed hungrily, caressing each others hair, back and arms and when Mrs. Kowalski hurried in she gasped and turned away.



"Oh me! Excuse me! Stan! Your father, your father just arrived!" She cleared her throat not looking to them as they disentangled themselves from each other.



Fraser as usual blushed and Stan wiped the tears from his face. "Let's go outside and help my father Frasze."



"Certainly Stan. Excuse us ma-am"



She smiled warmly at them as they went outside.

*********************************************************************



While in route to Stan's apartment he recounted the day's happenings starting with Fran and Thatcher and ending with his mother's advice. Upon arrival he escorted Fraser in thanking his stars he had recently changed the sheets on his bed. Stan locked the door and Fraser embraced him immediately locking his lips to Stan's. Secretly he had been waiting all day to be in Stan's arms again wanting to taste his warm and tender lips. Happily he sighed at being here again, in his strong arms, tasting his beautiful mouth, desiring to devour every inch of Stan. Contemplating all evening, Fraser had realized how empty his life had been. There was a void of love and human touch in his existence the size of the ocean until he had Stan to share himself, to totally surrender himself unselfishly. Loving Stan made him realize how fortunate he was to bask in this warm love that Stan showered upon him. He wanted desperately to be consumed by Stan as Stan was consumed by him.



Fraser's newest obsession with Stan drove him to frantically ravage his mouth hungrily and savagely. He guided Stan to the bed driven by a maddening lust that suddenly raged inside his body. He removed his shirt and threw it on the floor, he removed Stan's also. Fraser guided him to sit on the bed not relinquishing hold of his mouth and climbed on top of him. He continues to seduce Stan's mouth reaching in deeper and deeper with his tongue.



Stan moaned and groaned at this wonderful man who was attempting to take him to the brink of ecstasy with every lick and nip he delivered. Stan's hunger was insatiable as his body craved for more of Fraser, his mind was tittering on the edge of erotic insanity ready to take the plunge. Stan clawed Benton's back wanting to hold him tighter and whispered into Benton's mouth "Ohhhhhh . . . Benton! I lovvvvvve you!"



Benton being starved for affection and driven by desire whispered "I love you Stan . . . (kiss) Oh my wonderful, wonderful Stannnnnnnnnn. (Kiss) . . . I want you, I need youuuuuuuuuu" he hummed into Stan's neck as he kissed it savagely.



Stan's heart craved to hear Fraser's erotic and sensual begging, pleading, imploring in his ear. Stan squeezed his eyes tightly shut feeling drunk on the adrenalin rush threatening to explode every cell in his body. Gasping Stan moaned and breathed heavily at hearing Fraser panting in his ear hungrily. Kissing him, caressing him, Stan sucked, bit his lips and nibbled at Fraser demanding more, much more hoping to fall into the abyss of ecstasy."Oh Benton! I need youuuuuuuu" he whispered hoarsely into that beautiful ear.



Benton pressed his mouth to Stan's pleading mouth and progressed to Stan's pants.



Stan was deliriously happy, he couldn't remember ever being made love to like this at this magical moment, not even Stella was this passionate. No one had ever desired his body like this adonis craved, sucked, kissed and made love to every inch of his body. Stan felt as Benton practically devoured him inch by painful inch starting at his chest and stomach. The pleasurable/pain radiated to his crotch that begged to be touched by that wonderful strong hand that could be so gentle or that wonderful warm mouth that could torture him into tears. His mind pleaded for mercy when Fraser started his descend of kisses heading downwards. Fraser showered him with butterfly kisses, sucking, licking and tasting him down his chin, past his chest, his stomach as Stan squirmed and moaned. Stan knew he couldn't hold back any longer he felt deliriously gone. He squeezed his eyes tight and moaned loudly as this wonderful man showered his rod with gentle hot kisses. Finally the licking, the slow deliberate licks were enough to drive any man insane and Fraser succeeded as Stan gasped and moaned loudly releasing the lust trapped inside of him. His love juices shot out of him as the moans of ecstasy escaped his lips.



Fraser proceeded to kiss his way up now.



Stan was drained and fell heavily into the pillow when Fraser reached his face and again captured his mouth.



Stan whispered "I am so in love with you Benton Fraser-Kowalski!"



Fraser laughed and gazed at him with an intense desire of wanting his needs met too. He whispered hoarsely into his ear " I love you Stan Fraser-Kowalski. I want you to make love to me! I want you so desperately!" and he pressed his mouth tight on Stan's.

******************************************************************

Kowalski was three hours late to work when he entered the building and walked as cockly as always to his desk.



Vecchio noticed him wearing a new pair of pre-washed jeans with a light yellow T-shirt under a white unbuttoned shirt and a tie? "Hey what's with the tie? Where's Benny? Did you two get your divorce?"



Huey and Dewey came over also.



Minutes later Fraser stepped in wearing his usual red serge and Stetson looking very dignified. "Morning Ray, Huey Dewey!" he smiled that wonderful smile.



Kowalski went to his desk and put his sunglasses on.



Vecchio walked over to his desk. "Well? Are you two divorced?"



Stan glared from above his sunglasses and smiled "Sure, of course we are. We just got outa court right now and your looking at the newly divorced Stanley Kowalski." Stan got up, took a folded paper from his back pocket and posted it up on his bulletin board.



Huey looked at it and laughed "Hey guys! It's a divorce decree and it's signed by Judge Whitherford. Well I'll be damned!"



Fraser sat across from Stan still holding that smile on his face.



Huey added sadly "Well we're very sorry to hear that both of you have become statistics. I personally thought you two made a wonderful couple! Hey what's with your neck Stanley?"



Stan gave him a sarcastic smile.



Ray had noticed them also but instead he turned to Benny "Did he really divorce you Benny?"



Fraser smiled "Yes he did Ray. We went to court this morning."



Somehow they didn't believe either of them.



Huey added as he walked away "Well I guess Fran and Thatcher will love to hear this news."



Dewey agreed.



Vecchio still not convinced added "Nahhhhh . . . something ain't kosher here. Why do you have those things on your neck Stanley and why is Benny still wearing that ring?"



Fraser blushed and added "There was a divorce Ray, as for the ring, well I intend to keep it for sentimental reasons."



Stan smiled "Just cause I divorced him doesn't mean I can't sleep with him Vecchio. I wanted something I could wear around my neck, ok by you?"'



Vecchio was pissed "You teaching the Mounty to lie Stan?"



Fraser was stunned "Ray! I would never lie! Why would I lie to you?"



Stan agreed "He isn't lying Vecchio, we got a divorce but guess what we did? We got engaged too." He smiled devilishly.



Fraser blushed and looked down.



Welsh bellowed "Stanley! Fraser! In my office!"



Stan smiled at Vecchio's angry facial response and left.

********************************************************************

In the office as Welsh sat staring at Stan he inquired "What's with your neck?"



Stan added "Carpet burns, same carpet that bit Frasze. Did you need us?"



Welsh questioned "Did you take care of the problem?"



Stan added "Yes, of course we did. Divorce in action, marriage over, signed, sealed and delivered. End of story."



Welsh looked to the Mounty and he nodded affirmatively.



Welsh added "Ah that's too bad because you made a beautiful couple. Ok get back to work. Oh and Stanley, Father Carson wants to see both of you!"

*********************************************************************



Fraser and Stan sat in front of the priest.



"So Detective Kowalski and Constable Fraser, have you two reached an agreement?" he did notice they were both in better spirits this morning.



Stan smiled "Yes sir, we have. We are going to do nothing about this. We are going to leave it alone. As far as I am concerned this is between me, him, you, my mother and God. I mean this is confidential right? It's like a confession that you have to honor am I right?"



Fraser smiled at how logical Stan could be.



Father Carson laughed "Detectives are you trying to tell me how to do my job? Since you confessed to me, I can't tell your Lieutenant that you are still married? What do you intend to tell him?"



Fraser replied "Well we proceeded to file for a divorce by obtaining the services of a divorce lawyer. But since there never were legal papers stating we were ever married in the first place, then we could not very well get divorced. So our lawyer petitioned the court anyway, forcing the Judge presiding our case to accept our case. And I have to admit that he was more then happy to grant us a divorce after we pleaded our case. Of course with the exception of you knowing the truth Father Carson."Smiled Fraser.



Father Carson had to admit he was impressed with their deviousness."Well if I had not heard this from the horses mouth, I would not have believed it. But you two are still married Detective Kowalski." He laughed.



Stan cut in "We know we are Father Carson but since we are confessing all this to you it should fall under the terms of confidentiality am I right?"



The priest laughed, he had seen and heard a lot of things before but this one was new to him. "Detective Kowalski. This is black mail!"



Stan smiled mischievously "No Sir, it's called a sealed confession!"



Fraser smiled with their collaboration of this logic.

*********************************************************************

Heading back to the Station Fraser and Stan bumped into Fran in the hallway.



She stared as they were laughing and they quieted really quickly.



Stan stepped up 'Fran, Fran I am sorry. I don't know what else I can . . . "



She held her hand up. "It's ok Stanley. Really, I am just fine now. It was a blow but hey! I'm a Vecchio and I've been dealt worse. I will be just fine. I'm sorry I scratched and decked you."



Stan smiled "It's ok, I probably deserved it."



She had to smile and agree with him.



Stan looked to Fraser and added "I'll be at my desk" and left.



Fraser stepped up now. "Francesca. I would like to apologize to you for causing you so much pain . . . "



Her smile quivered and she dabbed at her eyes.



"Fraser, um . . . Why didn't you ever tell me? I mean just sort of hinted a little so I wouldn't be making a fool of myself?"



Fraser ran his thumb nail across his eyebrow and said "I really couldn't have . . . It's a very delicate . . . Francesca I am really very sorry I hurt you. I do care a lot for you."



She smiled and caressed his cheek. "I'll get over it Fraser. It's not your fault. It really isn't. As long as you are happy I guess I can be too. I heard you two are . . . uh . . . divorcing?"



Fraser nodded "Yes for appearances sake."



She smiled and nodded her understanding and went inside.



Fraser headed to Stan's desk and noticed Inspector Thatcher talking to him.



She whispered "Detective Kowalski, but I just need to know. Rumor has it both of you are . . . divorcing?"



Kowalski smiled and pointed to the bulletin board. "Yes we are for the sake of everyone. But we're still together."



She stood up straight "I do realize that Kowalski, I just needed this information should my superior ever run across this knowledge and I could inform him that it was dissolved."



Stan smiled "Yes it was and we have a paper to prove it."



Fraser came up behind her "Good morning Inspector Thatcher"



She smiled, greeted him and left.

*******************************************************************

That evening they had dinner at Stan's mom's house. Mr. Kowalski was out of town on a convention of some kind with a friend and she took the opportunity to have them over.



Fraser kept blushing as Stan would occasionally throw him kisses or whisper "I love you" from across the table when his mother would leave.



Mrs. Kowalski had not asked any questions because she was elated to see her son happy and content. It was evident of how much they loved each other by the way they stared at each other from across the table. They smiled a lot, giggled and could not keep their eyes off each other. She quickly retreated to the porch when they went to the living room to drink their coffee and tea. She heard the radio come on louder and nothing else after that. Listening to the music from where she sat, she made herself comfortable on the rocking chair gazing at the stars.



Stan had raised the volume on the radio and grabbed Fraser's hand. "Hey! Lets dance. I love this song." They embraced and held each other tightly as they danced mouth to mouth.



Well I've spend a lifetime looking for you,

single bars and good time lovers never true

playing a fools game hoping to win

and telling those sweet lies and lousing again



(they waltzed and Fraser whispered " it's a country song Stan.")

(I know Fraser but I love to waltz)



I was looking for love in all the wrong places

looking for love in two many faces

searching your eyes looking for traces what I'm dreaming of

hoping to find a friend and a lover,

I bless the day I discover another heart looking for love



(Do you love me Fraser? *whispered Stan kissing his ear*)

(More then I can tell you Stan, much more! *Fraser kissed his neck*)



And I was alone then no love in sight

I did everything I could to get me through the night

Don't know where it started where it might end

I turn to a stranger just like a friend



(mmmmmmm . . . oh..... Benton (kiss) oh man!)

((kiss) *his cheek*, (kiss) *his eyes*, (kiss)* his nose*( Ohhh Stannnn!)



I was looking for love in all the wrong places

looking for love in too many faces

searching your eyes looking for traces what I'm dreaming of

hoping to find a friend and a lover,

I bless the day I discover another heart looking for love



(Can I ask you something Stan?)

(you can ask me anything Benton)



You came a knocking at my heart's door

You're everything I've been looking for



("Would you marry me again Stan?")

(*laughs*In a heartbeat Benton, in a heart beat and that's no lie.)



No more looking for love in all the wrong places

looking for love in two many faces

searching your eyes looking for traces what I'm dreaming of

Now that I found a friend and a lover

I bless the day I discovered you, oh you, looking for love . . . (Johnny Lee)



"Stan, tomorrow, will you regret marrying me?" whispered Fraser in his ear running his hands under his shirt caressing his back.



Stan laughed as they danced and wrapped his arms tighter around his neck whispering "Oh God no! How can I regret the best love of my life?! Hell no! We were meant for each other Benton my love. We really were." And their lips sealed back together kissing passionately.



Mrs. Kowalski looked in on them because they were too quiet, gasped, and smiled for the sake of her Stanley who just married his prince charming . . .

the end



comments welcomed/ droopy_jack@excite.com