Like Ruth The Due South Fiction Archive Entry Home Quicksearch Search Engine Random Story Upload Story   Like Ruth by HYPERFocused Like Ruth Fraser sees friendship, at first in their shared meals and activities but there's the promise of more in Ray's touches that fine line between platonic and romantic he's often hard pressed to decipher. So few have touched him before. When it becomes clear Ray wants him too and the touches expand to intimacy that includes Ray offering himself open and trusting and so warm inside, Yet Fraser is still unsure just how deep it goes . He'd like to imagine he sees love. Fraser wants it all, he thinks but can't bring himself to ask for anything. Everything. For Ray to bend him over the bed break open his shell and love him like he loves Ray . Fraser thinks he can measure acquiescence in the graceful arc of Ray's spine Acceptance in his pale neck exposed for kissing. Urgency in Ray's invitation to "Fuck me, Fraser, Come on, put it in me now" Crude and beautiful words from a man of rough beauty So different from how Ben thinks of himself. staid and stilted. He wants it, but until he knows, he just can't let Ray in. "I'm sorry, Ray," Fraser says mortified and miserable. "We don't have to do this, you know, I'm happy now just the way things are. But if it's not the sex, if you need more, then that's cool, too." Come to find out Ray reads him as well as he reads the criminals they apprehend as Fraser once read through his grandparents' libraries . Ray knows exactly what Fraser needs to hear. "This isn't just a 'you' thing It's a me thing A 'you and me' thing A 'we' thing. Fraser, don't you get it? We're an us. Partners. and we'll always be, no matter if we fuck, or fight, or fall asleep to the TV.   End Like Ruth by HYPERFocused Author and story notes above. Please post a comment on this story.