Watching Your Step 8 The Due South Fiction Archive Entry Home Quicksearch Search Engine Random Story Upload Story   Watching Your Step 8 by Vicki Tub Disclaimer: Not mine just looking after them. Will give them back i promise Author's Notes: Enjoy feel free to review Story Notes: Male/Male relationship SequelTo: Watching Your Step 7 Chapter 8 Fraser and Ray made it back to the consulate. On the way they dropped off the photos to be developed and picked up a pizza to finish off their day nicely. Ray struggled up the stairs and into the bedroom as he was tired from the day. Fraser came up behind him, "Ray would you like to eat the pizza in bed. So you can stretch out and rest your leg properly"? Ray gave a cheeky grin over his shoulder at Fraser, "Ya I think I will Ben. Ben you are going to lye down next to me"? Fraser's shyly smiled, "If you'd like Ray". Ray made his way to the bed, "Ben I like, I'd like that very much". Ray got changed and into bed. Ray watched as Fraser set the pizza on a tray and placed it on his lap. Ray revelled in the heat coming off Fraser as he lay pressed against his left side, while they both enjoyed their pizza. Ray as usual spoke with his mouth full, "Ben I could get used to this, you in my bed. It feels nice, it feels right don't you think"? Fraser ducked his head, "Yes Ray it dose. I'll be here forever if you like"? Ray looked into Fraser's eyes with hope, "You will". Fraser licked his lips, "Yes Ray, if you'll have me". Ray pulled Fraser by the t-shirt so he could kiss him, "I'll have you Ben, forever". Fraser kissed Ray again, "Forever Ray". After an hour of just lying together watching TV Fraser got up. Fraser fixed the blankets to make Ray more comfortable, "Ray I'm just going to collect the photographs. I should only be about fifteen minutes. Will you be ok while I'm gone"? Ray loved how Ben got all mother hen on him, "Ben I'll be fine. It's only at the end of the block. Sure Dief is here with me, don't worry". Fraser rubbed Ray's hair and kissed his forehead, "Relax Ray and I'll try not to be long. Diefenbaker you look after Ray". Diefenbaker barked in response and put his head on Ray's lap. Ray watched Fraser walk away happy in the knowledge that Diefenbaker was looking after him. Ray called after him, "Love Ya Ben". Fraser stopped at the door and smiled sweetly, "I love you to Ray, very much". Ray was just relaxing like Fraser told him to lazily rubbing Diefenbaker's head, when he heard a knock on the door. Ray was surprised to see Inspector Thatcher come in, "Hi Ray, I hope I'm not disturbing you. I just wanted to see how you enjoyed your day"? Ray turned off the TV and Diefenbaker made his way to the rug in front of the fire, "Your fine Inspector, sit down if you like". Inspector Thatcher sat in the chair next to the bed. She was already dressed to leave in her coat and bag. Ray started chattering excitedly, "It was a fantastic day. The view from the seats was out of this world. Ben bought me a jersey with my name on, and a tracksuit pants with zips on the legs so it would go over my cast. Ben then shocked the life out of me by taking me to the locker room to meet the players. The players even gave me a bat they used in the game and a signed jersey. I tell you Inspector the biggest shock was when Jim the manager of the team gave me the life time passes. I keep thinking that I'm dreaming. Stuff like this doesn't happen to me. I'm glad that I got to share it with Ben though". Inspector Thatcher couldn't help but laugh at Ray's excited explanation, "I'm glad that you had such a great day. Fraser has been trying to organise that for awhile now". Ray was very surprised, "He has". Inspector Thatcher nodded, "Yes, Fraser was trying for the opening game but it didn't work out. This all came together just after you broke your leg. So Fraser managed to change the tickets for wheelchairs ones, so you would be more comfortable". Ray couldn't believe it, "Wow, Ben is sure full of surprises". Inspector Thatcher smiled at Ray calling Fraser, Ben again. Inspector Thatcher cleared her throat, "So you call Fraser, Ben now. I'd say it was about time you two figured it out". Ray's mouth dropped open and his face heated with embarrassment, "What do you mean"? Inspector Thatcher shook her head and chuckled, "Ray I'm a trained observer. I've seen the way the two of you look at each other. Calling Fraser, Ben is a big giveaway. I do hope that you're happy together. Fraser deserves someone good. I think that, that someone is you Ray". Ray shyly smiled, "Thanks, it's only new but we're happy. I can't help but love Ben". Inspector Thatcher stood, "I'm glad Ray. It's very clear that Fraser feels the same for you. I must be on my way; my sister is visiting from Toronto so we are meeting up for dinner". Ray had a warm heart from finally admitting to someone else about his love for Fraser. Ray spoke softly, "Thanks for coming up to see me. Thanks for noting hating me for loving Ben, and I hope you have a lovely dinner with your sister". Going out the door just as Fraser was coming in the Inspector spoke, "I will, thank you Ray". Inspector Thatcher looked Fraser in the eye, "I'm very happy for you, you deserve it". Inspector Thatcher left leaving Fraser with that going around in his head. Fraser was very confused, "Ray why is Inspector Thatcher happy for me. And what is that I deserve"? Ray laughed and patted the bed next to him, "Come sit Ben and I'll tell ya". Fraser lay down next to Ray, "Ben she figured us out. She knows how we feel for each other". Fraser blushed a deep red, "Oh dear, was she angry or upset". Ray laced his fingers with Fraser's, "Ben no she was actually very supportive. It was nice saying I loved you Ben out loud to someone else". Fraser leaned in a kissed Ray's temple, "I'm glad Ray. I hope to be able to that as well Ray, when I tell Ray Veccico about us. I got our photos would you like to look at them"? They spent the next hour talking about how they were going to play if they were going to come out or not. Fraser and Ray talked about who they were going tell about their relationship. They mostly talked about their day and enjoying looking back over it in the photos. Fraser woke sometime later, not realising that they had fallen asleep while talking. Fraser saw that heir fingers were still entwined, this made Fraser smile. Fraser watched Ray sleep for awhile before falling back to sleep himself as he cuddled up to Ray. Turnbull came up to check on Ray to find the sleeping pair, cuddled up to each other holing on protectively. Turnbull smiled taking a blanket and covering Fraser up. Fraser was lying on top of the covers while Ray was underneath. Turnbull whispered, "About time sir". Turnbull left quietly as to not wake the sleeping pair up. Ray woke a few hours later to see that Fraser was still asleep and still holding him. Ray brushed back the hair that had fallen onto Fraser's forehead. Ray loved the silky feel of it. Fraser's eyes fluttered open and smiled up on seeing Ray's face looking at him, "Hi Ray". Ray brushed his lips to Ben's, "hi Ben how you". Speaking softly, "I'm fine Ray. This is nice I could get use to waking with you like this Ray". Ray kissed Fraser again, "Get used to it. This is forever Ben remember. When I go back to the apartment your coming with me got it". "Fraser smiled, "Got it, I'd loved to Ray". They kissed lazily before Fraser asked, "Ray who covered me". Ray shrugged his shoulders, "Don't care kiss me again Ben". Ben did hoping no one would come in and catch them. Ben couldn't wait until they could be alone for real in what was to be their apartment.   End Watching Your Step 8 by Vicki Tub Author and story notes above. Please post a comment on this story.