Watching Your Step 9 The Due South Fiction Archive Entry Home Quicksearch Search Engine Random Story Upload Story   Watching Your Step 9 by Vicki Tub Disclaimer: Not mine just looking after these guy Author's Notes: Enjoy feel free to review please Story Notes: Male/Male relationship SequelTo: Watching Your Step 8 Chapter 9 Ray finally made it back to the apartment. It didn't take long to move all of Fraser's stuff. All it took was two boxes and a duffle bag along with his father's trunk. Ray got into the apartment and looked around, "Ben wow you do all this. You do all this cleaning on your own"? Fraser sat his father's trunk down, "Ray of course I wanted to do it for you, for us". Ray turned and kissed Fraser, "Thank you Ben". Fraser and Ray loved having time to themselves. They could kiss make love without the worry of someone walking in on them. Well anyone other then Diefenbaker that is. It didn't take long for Ray to become bored at sitting at home doing noting. Ray was eating his breakfast, "Ben I'm so, bored, bored, bored. I want to go into work. Even just for a few hours. I'm going nuts just sitting at home doing noting. Not that I'm bored spending time with you that's not it. I just need to work, please". Fraser looked at Ray for a few moments, "Ray you sure that you're up to that"? Ray nodded sipping his coffee, "Ben I'm sure. Please I got to work". Fraser smiled, "Ray alright. If you get tired tell me and we'll come home ok". Ray was trilled, "Thanks Ben. I promise if I get tired we'll come home". Fraser had to drive Ray to work. Ray still couldn't drive really bothered him. Fraser behind the wheel of his beloved GTO, as much as Ray loved Fraser, Fraser behind the wheel was not good. Ray was in quite a bit of pain so he took one of his pain pills before going into the station. Fraser gave it to Ray with some concern, "Ray you sure you want to take this. Ray these make you fell asleep"? Ray drank the water to wash it down, "I'm sure Ben. I'll be fine, don't worry I promise". Fraser nodded helping Ray out of the car, "Very well Ray". Ray entered the bullpen slowly. Francesca on seeing them ran right up to them. Francesca's eyes were on Fraser the whole time she spoke, "Hi Ray, Benton. How are you Ray and what are you doing here"? Ray managed to get Francesca to look at him when he spoke, "Frannie I was bored out of my skull. I was going mad sitting on my ass at home. B-Frase agreed I could come into work for a little bit". Fraser settled Ray at his desk, "Ray would you like a coffee from the corner shop"? Fraser went over to Francesca's desk, "Francesca can I ask you to do my a favour"? Francesca's moony eyes looked up at Fraser, "Benton anything for you". Fraser smiled a nervous smile, "Could I ask you to keep an eye on Ray for me. Ray just took one of his pain medications. Well they tend to make Ray fall asleep". Francesca creased her brow, "Why would Ray take one of his pain pills, if he knows it makes him fall asleep"? Fraser looked over at Ray, "Ray was in a lot of pain this morning. You know Ray he can be very strong minded". Francesca snorted, "More like pig stubborn. Benton sure I'll keep an eye on him for you". Fraser had barely left the station when, Francesca looked up to see that Ray had already fallen asleep. Ray's head was on his desk and he was out, out, out. Lt Welsh came out of his office to see a sleeping Detective before Welsh went to wake him Francesca took him aside. Francesca took Welsh by the arm, "Harding please do not wake Ray. Frase will be back in a few minutes to take him home. Ray was bored at home that's why he is here". Welsh whispered, "Why is he asleep"? Francesca whispered back, "Ray the numbskull took a pain pill knowing it makes him fall asleep". Welsh shook his head laughing as he went back into his office, "Keep an eye on him, please". Everyone's attention was grabbed when Ray started talking in his sleep. Ray was talking happily, first singing S.O.S. Ray started then in a husky voice, "Ben, Ben, Ben hmmm ya, ya". Ray had a huge smile on his face as he said that. Everyone was looking at Ray open mouthed. Wondering what the heck that was all about. Fraser walked into the bullpen carrying Ray's coffee and his favourite doughnuts. Fraser noticed as soon as he entered everyone had stopped what they were doing, and were now looking at him. Francesca jumped up and took Fraser by the arm. In a low voice Francesca spoke, "Benton is their something going on between you and Ray"? Fraser had a shocked look on his face, "Francesca what makes you think that"? Francesca bit her lip, "Benton I think you should know. While you were gone getting Ray his coffee. Ray was talking in his sleep". Fraser's eyes widened, "What did Ray say"? Looking over at Ray, "Benton, Ray first sang S.O.S then Ray was saying, Ben, Ben, Ben hmmm ya, ya". Fraser's face filled with heat, "Francesca I'm sure that's just a side effect from his medication. I think I'll take Ray home now. Thank you for keeping an eye on him for me". Francesca was not convinced and believed that their must be something going on between them, "No problem Benton". Fraser went over to Ray and gently woke him, "Ray, Ray I've got your coffee and your favourite doughnuts". Ray woke slowly and smiled on seeing Fraser, "Thanks Ben", Ray noticed that everyone was starring at them, "Ben why is everyone looking at us"? Fraser lowered his voice, "Ray I think we should go home, I'll explain why they are looking then". Ray finished off his coffee, "Ben you're freaking me out, but ok let's go home". Dewey being Dewey could not help but make cat calls at Ray. "Ray you so hard up to have someone that you make a move on your partner, Ben, Ben, Ben hmmm Ya, ya". Ray looked at Dewey confused as to why he was saying all this. Fraser sat Ray down in a nearby chair, and turned his attention to Dewey. Fraser's voice was strong and had an angry tone, "Detective Dewey I would like you to apologise to Ray for what you just said. Ray is on strong pain medication and it has side effects. Your childish behaviour is very unbecoming of a Detective". Detective Dewey blushed at been told off by Fraser, "Ray I'm sorry, I was just messing around". Dewey ran off with his tail between his legs. Ray looked at Fraser again wanting and explanation, "Ben what's going on"? Fraser helped Ray out of the station, "I'll explain when we get home, Ray don't you worry". Once home and comfortable Ray wanted to know what it was all about at the station. Ray took Fraser's hand, "Ben ok now we are home, tell me what happened". Fraser cracked his neck, "Ray while I went to get your coffee you fell asleep. While asleep you stated talking. You were apparently singing the chorus to S.O.S. Then you went on to calling my name out in a suggestive manner". Ray's face turned bright red, "Oh my god Ben. I'm so sorry. Did everyone hear what I said? I'm sure they did the way they were all starring at us and what Dewey said. Is that what I was saying? Just how mad are you at me foe outing us like that"? Fraser kissed Ray, "Ray I'm not mad. I don't care who knows about us. I love you Ray that's all that's important matters to me". Ray smiled a big goofy smile, "Really you don't mind"? Fraser answered by kissing him again, "No Ray I don't". Ray threw his arms around Fraser's neck murmuring against his lips, "Greatness". They lay on the couch kissing and savouring the love they had for each other.   End Watching Your Step 9 by Vicki Tub Author and story notes above. Please post a comment on this story.