Phone Tag Phone Tag by Hel Virago Disclaimer: I own the ambassador and the header of Jack Huey's stationery. But no other characters. Author's Notes: ds_flashfiction, baby, yeah! Story Notes: Written for the "Documentation" challenge. TO: Ray M: Frase CALLED RE: Dief Real sorry about Dief. How much $ to fix? In mtgs w/ bulging ambssdr all day. -Francesca TO: Constable Benton Fraser M: Detective Raymond Vecchio (blond) CALLED RETURNED YOUR CALL PLEASE CALL RE: Diefenbaker Detective Vecchio wished me to forward the following two (2) inquiries, firstly "Dief or carpet?" and second "Belgium or Bulgaria?" He also wished to inform you that he will be away from his desk a great deal due to some bucolic bulls (I may have misheard, but was unable to question Det. Vecchio as he had already disconnected). -Constable Renfield Turnbull From the desk of Detective Jack Huey Vecchio, Fraser called. He gets that you're upset and he's real sorry. The wolf's real sorry too -- Fraser won't bring him to your place anymore. He's off donuts.(1) He(2) wants you to reconsider, it won't happen again. -Jack (1) The wolf (2)Fraser From the desk of Detective Jack Huey Vecchio, He said something about waffles, too. Also, when you're back from HR the Lieu. wants you. TO: Constable Benton Fraser M: Detective Raymond Vecchio (the same Detective Vecchio who called earlier today) CALLED RETURNED YOUR CALL PLEASE CALL RE: Diefenbaker Detective Vecchio was confused by your most recent phone message and would like clarification as to "[w]hat ... [you were] talking about". -Constable Renfield Turnbull TO: Ray M: Frase CALLED RE: incident Dief v. sorry. Frase v. sorry. No more pumpkn donuts. How much $? -F.V. TO: Cst Fraser M: Det. Vecchio RE: Forget carpet; mad not abt carpet but timing. What waffles? Get a newspaper for the ambassador. There should be a place in Evanston. -Insp. MT Inspector Thatcher, I'm afraid I don't understand the question about waffles. Also, what sort of newspaper would the Ambassador like? -Benton Fraser The Canadian Consulate Consulat du Canada BF- Waffles --> detective. Something from Belgium! -MT TO: Vecchio M: Fraser RE: Canadian food The Constable had a question about timing, and another about waffles. Also, if you can tear the time away from the waffles, I need that form. -Welsh TO: Constable Benton Fraser M: Ms. Francesca Vecchio CALLED RE: Detective Raymond Vecchio Ms. Vecchio relays that Detective Vecchio was confused by your most recent message. -Constable Renfield Turnbull TO: Ray Vecchio M: Fraser RETURNED YOUR CALL Re: "What timing? What waffles?" This isn't my job, Ray. Why don't we have voice mail? -Elaine TO: Constable Benton Fraser M: Detective Raymond Vecchio (as previously) CALLED RETURNED YOUR CALL PLEASE CALL RE: Your call Detective Vecchio called to reply to your most recent message. He wished me to convey that you were the first to mention waffles and that he is quite confused as to why you might wish to discuss "breakfast pasties." He also wished to clarify his most recent message in that (cont.) -Constable Renfield Turnbull TO: Constable Benton Fraser M: Detective Raymond Vecchio (as above) CALLED RETURNED YOUR CALL PLEASE CALL RE: (See above) (Continued from previous message) he was under the impression you had been intending to convey information about water rescue techniques prior to the incident. (I offered to answer his questions, but he seemed adamant about speaking with you. Please assure the detective that I am well-trained in water safety.) -Constable Renfield Turnbull TO: Ray M: Guess RE: water F says: you were looking forward to lesson? I thought you didn't like school. If it's something I can help him with, let me know. And stop getting me in trouble with Elaine for taking a small break, okay? -Francesca TO: F M: Vecchio RE: "Very much so, yes." Don't let Turnbull talk to ambassador!!! -Insp. MT TO: Vecchio M: Canada RE: Many rescue methods to demon. Tonite conven.? (Vecchio, have you considered getting a life? Seriously.) -Dewey TO: Constable Benton Fraser M: Vec'eau RE: Il a dit: "Leave deef home." End Phone Tag by Hel Virago: lorelei_fic@hotmail.com Author and story notes above.