Body *DIFFERENT KINDS OF PAIN* *By GILDA LILY* Rating: PG (M/M) Pairing: Benny/Ray Category: Poetry Warning: Major Angst ("CALL OF THE WILD") Disclaimer: I don't own 'em, Alliance does, more's the pity. Comments can be sent to: jeanniemarie@sprintmail.com (c) April 3, 1999 It hurts. The bullet wound, sure. Worse, The strain between us. Benny... How do I tell you? How do I tell you That I missed you so much That I thought I'd die Of the yearning? How do I tell you That I don't know who I am anymore? That I'm afraid Of who I had to be For all those months And of who I am now. Your eyes tell me all. They always did. And when you first saw me My heart leapt with joy, And you were so happy. Why couldn't I just have Faded away? You're confused at my Aloofness, But I'm in shock. Shock at seeing your Beautiful face again, And not just in my dreams. I ache to touch you, Whisper how much I missed you In your ear, Take away the hurt In your lovely eyes. Old habits die hard. I took a bullet for you Again. That was easier Than trying to explain Why I feel so lost inside When I have you again. All I have to do Is reach out And you'd be In my arms. Oh, Benny, Go get your man, And think of me kindly, Because you got me A long time ago. Why can't I say it?