The Ice Queen The Ice Queen By Postcard postcard@manutd.com Rating: - PG. Poem. Romance. This poem is about Meg Thatcher and how Ben has affected her. The poem The Ice Queen is copyright 6 April 2000 by Postcard. Please do not reproduce for anything other than personal reading without the written consent of poet. The Ice Queen My world is a snow-dome and I float through life on an iceberg. In this ice-cold world I live on my own, in a castle made of compact snow. Living in a world of ice, I have no heat to melt my castle defences.   A frown is frozen permanently in place, on my snow-white face. With ice-cold hands and icicles for fingers. Eyes cool with an ice-cold stare. Like a cloak, a frost surrounds me everywhere I go.   Love once lingered in my heart. But all that's left where the warm rivers of love once flowed, in the refrigerator that is now my heart, is a tapering spike of an icicle; frozen in place as the love dripped away. I cry tears no more, for they have turned into frozen water. A sheen of ice now protects my equally cold heart.   But ice can be good, ice can be soothing. Every Ice Queen needs a King. And like an ice pick, you've hacked through to my heart. (By Postcard Copyright 6 April 2000.)