My Little Due South Fan This is inspired by my nine year old niece, Shawna, and her new found love of Stan on Due South. I also dedicate this to all my nieces and nephews :-) Your Aunt Magan loves you! ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ My Little Due South Fan by Magan I glance at the clock >From hearing the loud knock Only six in the morning I was still deep in snoring My nine year old niece Gives me no peace She comes in and closes the door tightly "Oh wow, you sleep really lightly." Hmph! She hops up next to me When normally sleeping I would be She tries to wake me up more And I go tumbling to the floor I open my eyes And I finally realize When she yells through her mouth, "I wanna watch Due South!" Mm-hmm, of course Well, you've come to the right source I put a Due South tape in the VCR As she munches on a breakfast bar The only fourth grader I know Who loves this amazing show No one in the house understands For we're the only two Due South fans Her eyes are glued to the TV Saying, "Move! I can't see!" I made her another fan Of our man Stan My niece, the pre-teen Walks up and kisses the TV screen So we sit and watch him a while Grinning ear to ear in a huge smile And it's really hard for me to believe My little girl is growing up right before me Though stopping that I know I can't So I treasure these moment, small Before she goes running off to the mall And before tomorrow has gone away Taking us all to another day When she'll be in high school And she'll think I'm totally un-cool We'll be able to look back to today And remember what Fraser would say "Thank you kindly." Then we'll smile warmly But for now we giggle like school girls And she thinks, "Due South Rules!!" And she's absolutely right We'll be watching more tonight Me and my little Due South fan The End (~MDK~) November 1998 Disclaimer: Stan and any other DS characters don't belong to me or my niece, no matter how much we wish they did :)