The House Fan Fiction Archive

 

Endings


by Butterbuns


Lisa Cuddy finished putting away the files she had on her desk, and pulled on her jacket, getting ready to go home, when the door to her office was slammed open. She snapped her head up and let out a soft sigh of relief.

"Are you trying to kill me?" She snapped.

"You're in a hospital, so you should be okay," House snarked at her.

"Was there something you needed, Dr. House?" She raised both eyebrows slightly.

He turned his head to make sure the door was shut before limping over to her desk and leaning lightly against the side.

"Just wanted to see you before you left. I mean, since you won't be here all next week." He spoke quietly, with a softer tone in his voice than he used when speaking with most people.

She could see people walking by in the hall, and rolled her eyes.

"Did you lose a bet with Dr. Wilson or something like that?" She smiled slightly, before shooting a glace out the door, and reaching up to kiss him. "That what you came for?"

Greg smirked. "Oh, how well you know me."

"I also know you well enough that I get the feeling that when I'm not here, you won't be doing clinic duty. If that's the case, I can always revoke your authorization again. And trust me, the fact that we're sleeping together really won't stop me." She spoke softly, not needing someone else to hear the fact that she had just admitted to sleeping with a man she hated.

He pushed her out of view of the door and followed the path her own feet had taken, pinning her lightly against the wall as he kissed her again.

"Are you scared of people finding out?"

"Only because I have enough people thinking I'm crazy for the way I treat patients."

"Greg..." She sighed and moved away, "This needs to end. Now."

"Why? We're both having fun, and it's not affecting our jobs, right?"

She shook her head.

"What, you're not having fun anymore, Dr. Cuddy?"

"Not what I meant. At all." She walked away, picking up her purse from the desk before looking at him. "This needs to end. So I'm ending it."

"What? Why?" He snapped, getting agitated.

"Because I'm in love with you." She whispered, exiting her office and leaving behind a shell-shocked House.

  Please post a comment on this story.



Legal Disclaimer: The authors published here make no claims on the ownership of Dr. Gregory House and the other fictional residents of Princeton-Plainsboro Teaching Hospital. Like the television show House (and quite possibly Dr. Wilson's pocket protector), they are the property of Fox Television, David Shore and undoubtedly other individuals of whom I am only peripherally aware. The fan fiction authors published here receive no monetary benefit from their work and intend no copyright infringement nor slight to the actual owners. We love the characters and we love the show, otherwise we wouldn't be here.