About

The Giant McShep AU List was put together, and is continually maintained, by elderwitty from LiveJournal and Dreamwidth.  Have an entry you want to add?  Drop us a comment and we’ll add it to the list!

31 thoughts on “About

  1. Hi,

    This probably isn’t the right place to ask this, but I was hoping you would be able to send me Push and the sequal Pull by jane_elliott?

    I love this site – so many fantastic stories all in one place!

    Thanks
    Hollie

    1. This is as good a place as any. I’ll email it with the subject line “Push/Pull”, so you’ll recognize it in your Junk folder. 😀

  2. Hi there! Am so sorry if this is me just being utterly stupid, but when I click through to the Giant McShep AU List of Complete Awesomeness, I can’t seem to get it at all. All I can see is the following and the comments. Am I being completely dense?

    ———————————————

    Click Here for the AU List!

    So, anonymoouse has a huge AU McShep list (~180) in Word format. I (lazy) tired of cutting & pasting, so I gathered them here, and made links. Along for the ride: stories suggested by sgagenrefinders sheafrotherdon, altyronsmaker, danceswithgary, aqualegia, flyakate, hyperfocused, valiree, toft_froggy, ariadne83, rheanna27, bironic, danceswithgary again (now 139!!), sga_santa, sgafan33, goddess47 (who steered me towards Crossroads), pollitt, lavvyan, ratcreature, whose Recs List I shamelessly plundered in search of McShep, SGA Big Bang, elaran’s rec list, anonymoouse!, skaredykat, skinscript, almostnever, jane_connor, mecurtin, omg_wtf_yeah, the sgareversebang, the AU filter on AOOO, Connor, lina, sga_santa, wonapalei, Shibela, and meander. And entropy_house has sussed out nine dead links and two new chapters (& 2 typos) for me (so far)! Phew! That’s a lot of good help!

    Latest additions
    @@@ week starting 7-9-11 (2)
    ^^^ week starting 7-18-11 (12)
    +++ week starting 7-24-11 (22)

    Currently: 927 entries

    Alphabetical by John’s job.*
    *All pilots (except ‘ex-pilots’) are now found under ‘pilot’, with the sub-type in parentheses.

    Sequel/backstory/companion pieces can be found just under the original entry.
    ‘Verses (where all entries are listed) are separated by a blank line above and below.
    Vegas
    ——————————————-

    1. You’re correct. Not sure what’s going on, though I know elderwitty had some computer problems. One of us will be in contact!

  3. Howdy! Quick question that’s entirely off topic. Do you know how to make your site mobile friendly? My website looks weird when viewing from my iphone4. I’m trying to find a theme or plugin that might be able to fix this problem. If you have any suggestions, please share. With thanks!

    1. Sorry it took me so long to reply. I’m blaming holiday madness.

      Thanks for letting me know it’s not in the AO3 list. I’ll make a note of that on the next update.

  4. The Giant McShep AU List is fantastic. However, I don’t know how to proceed when I’m taken to the LiveJournal page. Recently I was looking for “Office Space and Other Tools of the Villainous Plot” by refracting. I can’t figure out how to locate the stories I’m looking for. I quit trying. Even a Google search tends to take me back to your list.

    Also, could you send me Push/Pull by jane eliot?

    1. Thanks! As for the “Office Space…”, it looks like the author has friendslocked it. I’ve emailed asking if she’s willing to unlock it. Sorry for the frustration.

      In better news, I’ve sent the stories. The subject line is “Push & Pull by jane elliott‏”. 😀

    2. I just sent you a copy that the wonderful danceswithgary was able to supply. Be sure to check your junk mail! The subject line is

      “Office Space and Other Tools of the Villainous Plot” by refracting‏

      1. Hi, I just stumbled upon Helenish’s rec list and found this story recommended. I ran into the same problem as Linda with not being able to access or locate it. If I understand correctly whenever I get the livejournal screen with a lot of links that are ads, it means the livejournal account is friendlocked? I always wondered what I was supposed to do and assumed I was too lacking in skills to figure it out! Anyway, the story “Office Space and Other Tools of the Villainous Plot” sounds fun. Can you please send it to me also?

        1. It’s on its way. The email subject line is “Office Space and Other Tools of the Villainous Plot”, so check your spam folder if you don’t see it in your main one.

          Enjoy!

    1. Thanks! I thought I’d answered this long ago, as the message is marked ‘Approved’, but I can’t even SEE your message on the list. Computers, right?

      Thanks again!

    1. I’ve just sent it to your email, with the subject line: Marriage of Inconvenience by Kat Reitz and Tzigane

      Check your junk mail if you don’t see it. Enjoy!

  5. Please could you send me a copy of Marriage of Inconvenience by Kat Reitz and Tzigane? Thank you for your help.

    1. I’ve just sent it to your email, with the subject line: Marriage of Inconvenience by Kat Reitz and Tzigane

      Check your junk mail if you don’t see it. Enjoy!

  6. Could I get a copy of Everything But Love by cottontail? I was going through my old pinboard links in a fit of nostalgia and discovered it was gone 🙁

    Thank you!

    1. It’s just been sent, with a subject line of ‘Everything But Love by cottontail’. Check your spam folder – your email probably thinks I’m shady. 😀
      Enjoy!

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *