The Glitter Jungle:
Fiction:
 

The Four Seasons
 

Summer:

Sun  is hot, blazing white and red. And everything else is yellow - the sand, the air, the fabric on the deck chairs. Her blond hair. Her tiny bathing suit. She loves the summer. Worships the sun with her body and skin. I hate the summer. It's hot and sweaty in all the wrong ways. But I like her by the pool side.

My plot was to block out the sun. No super hero could stand in my way. I could've thrown the world into pitch blackness.... and didn't, because she likes the sun. The world is saved by libido.
 

Autumn:

The air smells like the end of summer, and cool winds start to blow. It's not original; nothing new. Happens every year, and every year wistful wannabe poets write it in their diary and feel special. The leaves turn yellow and red, the sky turns grey, people need scarves in the evenings, and some people feel melancholy. Some get migraines. The change of weather. Birds fly away for the winter, kids get unhappy with school but happy with the prospect of running in puddles. Romantics feel inspired.

Immortals barely even notice as another autumn comes and goes, another year disappears.
 

Winter:

Footprints in the snow. Who said they wanted to be so thin they wouldn't leave footprints in the snow? Even skeletons leave footprints. When they walk. When skeletons walk...

Doomsday had come and gone. A thick blanket of white frozen death covered the earth, and new creatures began to emerge. The dead walked the earth once the living no longer could. The creepies and the crawlies, the remains of mankind. Newer things.

"Is this what you wanted?" He asked. Not angry, but maybe sad.

"Yes." With a nod and a madman's grin, he left to make footprints in the snow.
 

Spring:

"Look at mother nature, blooming with flowers, greenery and life! Behold the beauty of the clear blue sky, the birds chirping, the bunnies hopping about!"

"Shut up. It just means summer's coming soon."

"The joy of regeneration, of revival! Newborns everywhere, puppies and babies and kittens!"

"Noise and nappies and dog poo on the sidewalks. And the temperature rises every day. The sun is too bright"

"It glitters, it shines! The earth itself is reborn, our hearts sing with joy!"

"Gonna be sweaty in less than a month. I want to block out the sun."

"You say that every year."
 

  Info:

Challenged to seasons by Em, 100 words each.


Email