The Glitter Jungle:
Fiction:
 

Five Things That Probably Should Happen to Ethan Rayne
Snippets. Giles/Ethan
 
 

1.

"No, no. Ripper, no!"

Ethan tried to escape, but there was no way out. This was something Ripper was determined to do, and he would do it. No matter how much Ethan protested, or squealed in a demeaning unmanly fashion, or tried to beat him with a pillow.

Ethan gasped when the other man's hands ran down his sides and back up again. Doubled over and panted for breath when Rupert ran a teasing hand over his abdomen. Laughed until tears were running down his face when the merciless tickling continued. And swore revenge.

2.

"This... is new."

Closing his eyes and breathing deep, swallowing his apprehension as Rupert fastened the black leather around his neck. Bowing his head in what should've felt like submission but was more defiant, more an act of rebellion than anything else.

It's just a game, it's just a game, he kept telling himself. But he knew better. There was a reason they'd never played this specific game before. There was a reason they decided to do it now, of all times. It wasn't just a game. He was agreeing to something - he didn't regret it, yet, and still the trepidation, the dread. Is he doing the right thing? Is it really just a game, can he opt out at any time?

Does he want to?

Rupert ran a hand through his hair, and whispered lovingly in his ear.

"My pet."

3.

"A pizza delivery guy?"

"It's a classic in American porn!" Xander assured him. And gave him a hat. And an empty pizza tray.

"A pizza delivery...?" He didn't finish the sentence, but it was fine since he said it so many times in the past ten minutes, Xander must've known it by now.

"Just knock on his door. Tell him the pizza is here, tell him it's really hot, tell him to put the money down your pants or something. And don't ever, ever tell me what happened after that." Xander pushed him the one last step to Rupert's door, and fled.

Ethan knocked.

4.

"And the prince walked off into the forest, carrying the Chinese food takeout cardboard boxes with him."

Giles rubbed the bridge of his nose and closed his eyes, sighing.

"That is not what the book says, Ethan."

Ethan grinned.

"You asked for a bed time story, now let me read it the way I want to."

Giles shook his head. "What I asked for was that you help me read the Watcher's report since I have a headache and don't care to read the scribbled handwriting myself."

Ethan laughed.

"I'm almost entirely sure," added Giles, "that none of the Council's books include princes in leather who ride motorcycles."

5.

He places the costumes in the right order, presentation, making sure the store looks authentic. A real costume shop, with all the lovely Halloween tricks and just that added touch that would make it all better.

He walks by the prized jewel, the most beautiful outfit here. He thinks maybe he shouldn't sell it, running his hand reverently on the silken, bright coloured material. Then he shakes his head. It won't do, this has to go out and it has to go to a very special girl. See how Ripper deals with his little princess then.

But until the day the store opens...

He takes the gown off the mannequin, holds it in front of himself and looks in the mirror. His expression is clouded with sadness, or maybe it's just silent acceptance. Compelled by a sudden drive, he hides in the back room and tries on the dress. Dark pink, the perfect hidden princess. Is this what Rupert likes?

He takes it off, throws it to the floor in anger. Then catches himself, don't cry Ethan, don't cry, picks it up and slides it on the mannequin again.

The next day, he spots the slayer having a look.

"Oh my. Meet the hidden princess," he says. And when she hesitates, he makes her an offer she can't refuse.
 
 
 


Email