The Glitter Jungle:
Fiction:
 

Familiarity
Marriage in love or hate.
 

I love her more than anything. It's the way she knows me, more than anyone, one glance at my face and she knows what I want, what I'm thinking. She completes me, and even now, her smile meets mine in the middle. Her beauty, like radiant light, swallows my darkness. Her gentle touch and compassion heal me, her goodness a remedy to my wounds.

I look at her, and think about how lucky I am to have her in my life. How deeply I care for her, how she changed me. How I cannot possibly imagine my life without her.

*

I hate her more than anything. She's all around me, suffocating, she's everywhere I go. The house reeks of her, little things in every corner remind me of her, remind me there is no escape. Remind me that she is in the air around me, in my thoughts, that I have nowhere free of her, not even in my own head. She stares at me and I can tell she knows how I feel. It makes me want to run and hide. She only smiles. She knows her power over me. I glare her way and hate who I've become.
 
 

  Info:

Challenge from RontgenKatze on of_musings:
Write a paragraph describing a husbands love for his wife or a wife's love of her husband. Then write another paragraph that describes his hate for the same character. Make sure both paragraphs are equally convincing emotionally.


Email