The Glitter Jungle:
Fiction:
 
 

Weekend in Hong Kong
Take me back home, save me from myself. Young Lex.
 

Dancing and swirling in the room, bare feet on sharp shards, broken glass, blood smearing but he didn't notice, he was dancing to invisible, soundless music.

Biting on his own wrists, leaving teeth marks, not breaking the skin but trying too hard to draw blood. Gnawing, gnawing, who will be the perfect son?

Lying down he doesn't feel a thing. Something wet splashes on his face and chest. Hot, sticky. He blinks, eyelids fluttering briefly before shutting down and he's out again.

Waking up to find himself in the back seat of a car, naked but covered in a blood-spattered blanket, scratchy wool against his sticky skin. So dark his eyes can barely adjust but then he realises he's probably still on drugs because he can't focus either, but he can recognise the presence in the car next to him.

"Hey, dad." Meant to be flippant and casual, ended up dry and hoarse. Doesn't matter anyway because Lionel ignores it.

"Where are we going?" Or at least that's what he thought he said. It's just possible some of the words... all of the words, got stuck together into one big incoherent word. Wharawgunnn...

"Home."
 


Email