The Glitter Jungle:
Fiction:
 

Some Like It Red
 

Painted face, blue and black around the eyes, dark red on the lips, skin white as a ghost, too much makeup. Painted nails, red so dark it's like blood dripping off, like she clawed her way through human flesh. And if you look closer, will you find the shiny, plastic-like layer of varnish, or will it really be blood, still wet, still warm on her fingertips? Will they be round, smooth, well manicured, or sharp like a razor, like talons?

Heels tapping on the asphalt, clicking but fading as she walks away. Red lacquer, spiked heels, sharp, pointy, like weapons. She stops by a red sports car, leans into the passenger's windows. You hear her laughter, like silver bells echoing in the empty street. Cheerful and clear. Even from this far, you can see her hand caressing the surface of the car, like she's rubbing turtle wax into the metal.

She's made the deal; she opens the door to the car, but before she enters she turns in your direction and smiles. Tiny fangs peek beneath her luscious lips, and under the curtain of heavy mascara you think you see a twinkle of red.

And then she enters the car and drives away.
 
 

  Info:

Challenge: "Paint, round, razor, asphalt, turtle" said Cat.


Email