The Glitter Jungle:
Fiction:
 
 

Sweet Dreams
Linked in dreams. Giles/Ethan
 
 
 

I dreamt of you last night, Rupert. You were naked and beautiful and you touched me but I couldn’t touch you. Then there was a forest between us, full of snakes.

I really wish the symbols in my dreams would be more complex than that. It’s embarrassing.

When I woke up I meditated back to sleep, concentrating on the feel of your skin as I remember it. Wishing for a certain dream to come, and it did. Your simple every day wet dream, complete with teen-like embarrassment of having to change the sheets because of a dream. But oh, sweet dreams are made of these, my dear. Wonderful dream. I could nearly taste you.

I wanted to have that again in reality, but you’re too busy fighting for what is so called right and hating me. Who am I to disagree with that? It’s your choice in life, mate. And it’s my choice to still want you. I’ve travelled the world and the seven seas, Rupert, and I still always come back to Sunnydale, and I still always regret it, but I still come back… over and over and over. It’s like I’m looking for the pain. I guess everybody’s looking for something.

I’ve been with many other men but you, Ripper, don’t let my devotion go to your head, it’s never been only you. Many other women, as well. Surprised? Don’t be. Men and women, basically, are all alike. Some of them want to use you, some of them want to get used by you… but you’d know all about *that*, old mate.

And I’ve had my share of trouble. You’re not the only one fighting demons. You do it “for the cause”, I do it for money, or something equal to that… but it’s all the same.

In fact, it’s very much the same with relationships, isn’t it? Have you had any long term lover since me? I’d wager on a “no” here, old boy. Because you don’t deal with people well, just like me, only you call it different names. You’re “shy”; I’m “anti-social”. Whatever. It’s not *us*, Ripper, it’s *them*. Other people. Some of them want to abuse you… sometimes I let them. The pain takes my mind off things. Some of them want to be abused… I can give that, too. Never done it with you, old man, but I know how to. I’m quite good at it, in fact.

But no more than that, Rupert, and no more than that for you, as well. Hold your head high, because some day, you will come back to me. We’re suitable, old man, fit together perfectly, like no one else will fit with either of us. Not your slayer, not your other lovers, nor mine. In the end, it’s yin and yang, my Ripper. And the circle will be completed.
 
 

  Info:

Hidden Song fic. Eurythmics.
 


Email