Fiction:
Agenda

Adam
Rated: G
 
 
 

"I love you both, you know that, right?" I say and put each of the little children on a different knee. "I don't want you to ever doubt that. I care deeply for both of you."

They're still pouty. Cute little things.

"Methos, honey, you know you'll always be my boy," I ruffle his hair, "but Kronos needs a lot of attention right now. He's only been here a few weeks, and look how unhappy he is."

Kronos tries to look tough. One would even buy the image, if one wasn't aware of the broken heart beating inside the seemingly cold exterior of this four year old. I hug them both tight.

"I know a lot of bad things happened to both of you in the past few millennia, and I promise to give you both your fair share of time, okay?" I spread my leathery wings open and they encompass the whole Retreat. "And in the meantime, I want you to play nice together."

I let them hop off my lap and I watch them stand, facing each other uncomfortably. Then Methos, who is a little bit older, takes a lollipop out of his pocket and gives it to Kronos. Kronos smiles like I haven't seen him smile in at least three thousand years, takes the lollipop, and reaches a hand to his brother.

"Want to see my pet sea monkeys?" He asks shyly. It's a huge step forward for him - not dragging Methos or forcing him otherwise to play together.

Methos nods. For a five year old, he's sometimes very mature.

As they skip away together, my heart wells with joy. There is still hope.
 
 
 
 
 


Email