Home
 

The Other Woman


by Meletor


Pairing: You'll see
Rating: G
Disclaimer: Pirates of the Caribbean is owned by Disney, etc. No infringement intended.
Originally Posted: 9/09/06
Summary: She'll always be the Other Woman, so far as I'm concerned.



We were just nearly ready to go. He would get a scant few more things loaded, and then we would be on our way. Our first trip together with Him at the wheel. I was so excited, I could hardly stay still. It was a beautiful morning.

Then one of His friends came up, said something, and I began to get leery. I stiffened a little, hoping He'd notice. He flashed me a look as He turned out to see another of the boys hurrying toward Him, waving his arms and shouting.

Oh. It was about her. Well, I was ruffled and cranky, but I let them in anyway. We went off, to save His Other Woman.

She'll always be the Other Woman, so far as I'm concerned. Prettier, better-dressed, more majestic, and she's got the better name behind her. I'm... quicker. I'm flexible and agile, and I sparkle. Sometimes I wonder if I'm not just a flash in the pan, really.

Well we came to her aid, to her side, and they all went over to join her, leaving me alone and vulnerable to whatever had threatened His Lady.

So be it; when the other two came over, ruffians though they looked, I put up no fuss. I shivered a little when they cut my ropes, but that's to be expected from anyone. Me? I'd been scorned, and I wanted to make Him as jealous as He'd made me.

So I cut through the water with a cold smile, and saw that the cry of, "Sailors! Back to the Interceptor!" came too late.



  Leave a Comment


Disclaimer: All characters from the Pirates of the Caribbean universe are the property of Disney et al, and the actors who portrayed them. Neither the authors and artists hosted on this website nor the maintainers profit from the content of this site.
All content is copyrighted by its creator.