Home
 

In which, despite evidence to the contrary,
James denies the existence of love at first sight.


by Order of Chaos


Pairing: J/N
Rating: G
Disclaimer: Pirates of the Caribbean is owned by Disney, etc. No infringement intended.
Originally Posted: 9/21/07
Summary: See title. Modern AU.



"I don't believe in love at first sight," James said flatly to the stranger he was dancing with. It was the first time either of them had spoken, and he felt it needed to be stated.

The stranger grinned. "What? Not even a little bit?"

"No."

"Then this certainly can't be the first time we've met, can it? Because if it was the first time we've met then I wouldn't be in love with you now—which I am—and I wouldn't know that you love me back—which I do, and I certainly wouldn't be telling you so even if I did love you. Which I wouldn't. Assuming you're right, of course. Savvy?"

"Not in the least," James said dryly, a smile tugging at his lips. The stranger, though insane, was proving to be remarkably good company. "As I'm sure you're aware, you have a manner of speaking which makes no sense at all. However, I do appear to know your name. Jack Sparrow."

"That's Captain Jack Sparrow," the stranger corrected automatically, then frowned. "Except that it isn't. My name's Avery. Jack Avery, of course, so you were half right, but still—how very interesting. I knew I knew you. Commodore."

"It's James. Not Commodore." Under the circumstances, he decided not to explain that he didn't believe in reincarnation, either. "I have rum at my place," he offered instead. "You could join me."



  Leave a Comment


Disclaimer: All characters from the Pirates of the Caribbean universe are the property of Disney et al, and the actors who portrayed them. Neither the authors and artists hosted on this website nor the maintainers profit from the content of this site.
All content is copyrighted by its creator.