Stargate Atlantis

 

 

A Beautiful Lifetime Event by Shalott  -- Rodney/John, first time, kidfic.  This is the story that pimped me into Stargate Atlantis fandom and the OTPness of the McShep. I blame Katya and Shalott for it all! *g*

Another 'don't-touch-that-alien-device' story, but this one has a very definite result: Rodney and John become parents of a baby girl. Not your usual clichéd kidfic, Shalott has written a masterpiece in my opinion that has quickly become one of my favorite stories of all time -- in any fandom. The Rodney and John in this yarn are so perfect together as parents and their family feels right, not bogus like in most kidfic stories.

There are not enough adjectives that I can write to express what a joy this story truly is, so just go and read it!

 

Mating Rituals  by Karen M. -- Rodney/John, first time.  What a concept. I love this story!

Rodney and John touch an Ancient device and are turned into...penguins! Yep, you read that right, penguins. It may sound weird, but believe me, Karen makes you believe this notion wholeheartedly. And while they are penguins, Rodney and John, swim, build a nest with pebbles and make love. But what will happen when they are human again? Will they remember their time together or not?

Karen takes a SGA cliché (don't touch that device!) and makes it into a warm and fuzzy story you will fall in love with.

UPDATE: The author has pulled this story from the web for various reasons, but I have it saved to disk. E-mail me if you would like me to send you a copy.

 

Oblivious  by Shalott -- Rodney/John, first time.  I love the John characterization in this story. Rodney as usual is a bumbling idiot when it comes to getting a clue, but in this story that's an adorable trait.

Premise: John comes to Rodney's room and they get drunk. Rodney thinks John is making a move on him (he's not really) and they have sex. Rodney freaks, "breaks up" with John, who is totally confused at this point, and later when John is injured Rodney realizes he never wanted to let John go in the first place. So, he sets about to take care of his "boyfriend," and tells everyone in Atlantis about John and his relationship. Poor John, he's unconscious and has no idea what Rodney has done. But when he wakes up, all hell will break loose -- or will it?

This story is humorous and sweet at the same time. When you are reading it. you get into Rodney and John's head and snicker at their complete and obvious befuddlement at their feelings for one another. Ah, men!!!

 

Thicker Than Water by Julad  -- Rodney/John, established relationship.  Rodney and John go back to Earth and visit Rodney's sister. This brings the two men closer together and helps resolve some of John's own family issues.

Excellent, excellent story. Julad nails the dynamic between Rodney and John and writes Rodney's sister and kids very realistically. It was like I could see this happening on the show (minus the slash, of course. *g*)  Julad needs to write more SGA fiction, so send her some feedback and maybe she will!

 

Virgin Sacrifice in the Mid-Afternoon by Chelle  -- Rodney/John, first time.  What kind of SGA rec list would this be if I didn't have an 'aliens-made-them-do-it' scenario on it? Chelle was one of my favorite authors in Highlander fandom and has quickly become one of the writers to look for in SGA fandom.

Basically it is Rodney and John coming to terms with their attraction to one another, despite how they were forced to originally get together. Brilliantly written and the dialogue is spot on! All of Chelle's SGA fiction is great, but this has to be my favorite (for now).


Miracles by Master Elayna -- Rodney/John, first time, mpreg.  Another 'aliens-made-them-do-it' scenario, but this one is slightly different: After they do the deed, Rodney winds up pregnant with John's baby. I know a lot of fans don't like mpreg stories, but this one is truly wonderful. The slow build-up of passion and love between the two men is simply lovely.