William B. Davis

The Cigarette-Smoking Man

Mr. Davis is the former Artistic Director of the National Theatre School and of the Vancouver Playhouse Acting School. He is currently the director of The William Davis Centre For Actor's Study. He also has extensive directing experience. He is also a competitive water skier and a certified Downhill Ski Instructor. His credits include:
Television:
Mr. Davis' other recurring roles, besides that of The Cigarette-Smoking Man on "The X-Files," has been in "Sliders," "Outer Limits," "North of 60," "Street Justice," "Nightmare Cafe," "MacGyver," " with guest appearances in "21 Jumpstreet," "Wiseguy," "Danger Bay," "Captain Power," and "Airwolf."
Film:
William B. Davis' film appearances include "Beyond Obsession," "Hitman," "Omen IV- The Awakening," "Matinee," "Beyond the Stars," "Look Who's Talking," "Head Office," and "Dead Zone."
Stage:
Mr. Davis' stage credits include "Back To Beulah" as Wilson, "On The Job," as Harry, "Two For The See Saw," as Jefry, "The Puppet Master, as The Puppet Master, "Chapter Two" as George, and "Emma Orr" as Tony Orr.

On Tour:
Mr. Davis also has gone on personal appearances around the United States, which I couldn't possibly enumerate here. But as a personal aside, I was able to see him at Eastern Michigan University (my alma mater), where on Oct. 21, 1997, he moderated a talk about whether alien life existed. The guest speakers were Gentry Lee, chief engineer on the Galileo spacecraft project and a scientist who has worked with Carl Sagan, and John Mack, a Harvard psychologist and expert in the paranormal.
While there, Mr. Davis mainly kept out of the debate, but he did make the point that he had seen too many actors conjure convincing emotions to automatically believe every person who emotionally recounted tales of alien abduction.


Nic's Abode | Back to Smoker's Lounge | Back to X-Files