Oppression - to overwhelm or crush.

-September 2000-

There was a murmur from the crowd as the man slid into the pit, dead, his blood coating my arms. The world sharp and focused. Everything brighter. The rage filled me, the need to possess, to own, as I stepped up to the next. He was begging for his life, begging for mercy. The power I held in my hands at that moment, it was almost as good as sex. Tasted even sweeter.

I lifted the blubbering idiot from the ground by his shirt. 

"You have offended your God Apophis. You will die."

I sliced into the side of his face with my knife. The first of many cuts that this fool would suffer. The sound of his screams fed a longing that echoed my rage. It was a game to see how long I could draw it out before the struggles lessened. I needed the criminal to stay alive long enough to draw the rage, pull it from me with every breath. Every slice of the knife into his flesh another piece of nirvana.

Intoxicating. 

You could say it was a communion with my God. Carrying out his orders, his Et'Sabit, giving me in his name what I couldn't have when he was gone. 

And then it was over all too soon, a gurgle bubbling up from the man's throat as he died. The light slowly fading from his eyes, dark, filled with terror that I fed off of, smiling as blood spurted from his neck. It was too soon. Much too soon, but I had my orders. I had to be back at the Palace at five. It was already creeping up to the appointed hour.

Dropping the garbage to the ground, I turned to address the crowd. "Any other attempts at rebellion will be met with brutal force. You will not enjoy the rest of your worthless life. You will die by my hand, slowly, painfully."

I turned on my heal, signaling the guard to follow leaving the families to clean up the mess. I wouldn't want to be them right now. There was precious little of the first man for burial; the dogs had already torn the body apart leaving nothing but a leg encased in a leather boot. It would be entertaining to watch them try to get it; unfortunately, I didn't have the time to spare. And I had no desire to be anywhere near the coming noise as the sun began to set. I treasured what little sleep I managed to get at night and their caterwauling would keep me awake for hours. I know. Apophis made me stay several times after such events simply because he wanted me exhausted and on edge the next morning. I made mistakes at such times. Mistakes he took great pleasure in correcting.

Wine waited for me as I arrived back at the palace. It always did. Drugged, but I didn't care. I waited, relishing these few moments of clear thought. Nothing else would be provided for me until the wine was gone. Not food, not water, and I couldn't resist the lure for long. The drug was too addictive. The need would pull, my body would shake, and I'd turn into a slobbering idiot. That was the only piece of pride I had left and I selfishly clung to it. I drank the wine just as the first tremor of need poured through me.

I gave up on any pretense of strength as Niirti entered the room. I fell to my knees, bowing my head. Two more days until Apophis returned and I can't stop my hands from shaking. Wanted to feel his touch. Every caress bestowed by Niirti designed to push the need higher and higher. I killed two men today for breaking the law, enjoyed every moment of it and the adrenaline was still pumping, enhanced by the drugs. Need and control warred constantly. A need no one but Apophis could fill. 

Something Niirti took great pleasure in proving it to me. She had me strapped to a bed and fucked by her guards once. I spent the next two weeks in agony not even able to walk. Then she had me fuck a slave she was displeased with three separate times before she let the boy die. I was never sure what he died of, head injuries or the blood loss. When the need struck, I couldn't control myself and she knew it. I'd cut that boy so many times as I pounded into him, my knife flying as the rage grew. I couldn't come. I'd tire long before my body was ready to quit. 

She'd made her point; no one but Apophis would do. It only made the anger stronger and the people lived in fear of the Et'Sabit Odalisque of Apophis. They'd cower in fear at the mere mention of my name. Cower in fear of the man who wasn't a man at all. I was living up to my name. Which, I assume, had been Niirti's intention when she made me a slave instead of allowing me to die. Satada Minuh; man, but not.

Two more days. Then I could sleep.

~~~

"Jack?"

Startled, I turned around at the sound of Daniel's voice knocking the head off of my snowman. Damn it. It had taken me two hours to get it just right. "Hey. I thought you weren't due back for two more days?" 

"Having fun playing in the snow?" Daniel leaned against the doorway smirking. 

"It was supposed to be a surprise." I brushed the snow off of my chest and leaned down to clean off my pants and boots.

"Well, I'm surprised." Laugh it up, Dannyboy. 

A snowball somehow magically appeared in my hand and I couldn't resist. I had to wipe that grin off of his face. It caught Daniel squarely in the chest. Now if only he wasn't wearing a coat.

"You are a dead man, Jack." Daniel stalked across the porch and out into the yard. Casually, he scooped some snow from the ground. "You know..." he packed it into a ball. "This means war."

I ducked behind the headless snowman as Daniel lobed one after another in my direction. I fought back with all the determination of a twelve year old during the first snowfall of the season. Which means we were both covered from head to toe in less than fifteen minutes. 

"No, welcome home? I missed you?" Daniel called from his position by the porch.

One missed my head by a inch as I peeked over the top ready to take aim. "I missed you. How was your flight?"

"Boring!"

Daniel had had enough, deciding that a more direct approach was needed and tackled me. In the process, knocking down what was left of the snowman. Looking up into bright blue eyes sparkling with mischief, I couldn't help but laugh. "You killed my snowman, Daniel."

"Had to be done, Jack." Daniel looked over at the pile of snow in the middle of the yard. "He needed to be put out of his misery."

~~~

Shouting echoed through the hallways as one of the Jaffa burst into Niirti's chambers falling to his knees the moment the door was opened. I rose quickly, putting myself between the intruder and my Mistress before the guard had even entered the room, knife at the ready. I wanted to throw the thing at him purely out of spite. 

"What is the meaning of this!" Glowing eyes were never a good sign. I was thanking my lucky stars that this time someone else was going to feel her wrath. It also meant that I could release some of this tension that had been building all evening. Let me, let me, let me. Please, let me kill him now.

"Forgive me, my Queen. The Tau'ri have come through the Gate and are attacking." You're going to have to do better than that. Not nearly enough groveling. I anticipated his death at my hands later. 

"Satada."

"Yes, my Queen."

"Kill the Tau'ri."

"Get the Queen to safety." I pushed the imbecile to the floor as I grabbed my gear, bowed to my Queen, and left. It's about damn time. I'd been planning for this day since I was taken. The question was, did the SGC know I was here, or were they after something else. 

As I stalked through the halls, it was apparent that control and order needed to be restored as soon as possible. I started shouting orders. As Et'Sabit, only the Gods themselves could countermand my orders. The south entrance was a ruse. The true attack would come from within, assuming that they weren't already inside or completed their mission. There were only two thing of any value on this rock - myself and my Queen.

"Jaffa! Kree! Get the Queen to the ship and double check it for sabotage!" They were all fucking clueless idiots preferring numbers to actually thinking. "E'tzikel, you have command. Allow one hair on her head to be harmed, I will track you across the universe and fucking tear your worthless hide apart with my bare hands." It's nice to be the boss. Strike terror into the hearts of men. 

Grinning, I slip into the darkness and start searching. They're here somewhere. The first reports indicated SG-3, 5, and 13. Time to find SG-1.

I had the hometown advantage and I was going to make the best of it. There were also a few surprises awaiting anyone foolish to think this palace was the same as any other Goa'uld residence. With a few flicks in the main control room, I had the place wired for visual and sound. The situation was hot. 

I scanned the complex quickly, searching for small signs, anything out of place, wrong. It would be like looking for a needle in a haystack if you didn't know what to look for. I started whistling, some childhood rhyme that seemed to match the occasion. Sesame Street. That's it. 

One of these things is not like the other. Which of these things doesn't belong. 

Houston, we have made contact. 

Bingo. There, the generator room. That room was locked and no reason for anyone to be there. Small flash of movement and the heat sensors verified my suspicion. Someone was moving around in there, attempting to be secretive. I caught a glimpse of a dark face. The Shol'va! Apophis will be pleased.

Another quick scan of the palace and I'm off. Niirti is safely off world. They can't touch her now. Surprise was on my side. Sneaking down the quiet hallways, gun at the ready, I crept into the generator room. No one.

Something wasn't right. The indicator on my wrist registered body heat, but there's no one here. I straighten, stalking to the computer panel. Fuck. He's escaped. Which way did he go? What did he do? 

I searched the panel finding nothing tampered with. No ticking time bombs. Something was not right at all. I turned around searching the shadowed corners of the room when it hits me, a zat blast seemingly from nothing. 

I gasped, clutching my chest as I fall to the floor. Hell, they were invisible. I should have paid more attention. 

"Jack!?" Surprise, Tau'ri! The one called Daniel fell to his knees at my side. That was a nice look for him. I'd have to remember it.

The Shol'va stood over me, his expression caught between anger and pity. Fuck you, asshole. I smiled through the pain rushing through my body. I'm not dead yet. 

"Teal'c! What are you doing?" The woman grabbed his arm as he deftly used duct tape to tie my hands and feet together like a prize bull ready to be branded. "That's the Colonel!"

I watched as the Shol'va's face shuts down. The model of warrior stoicism. "We have found what we have come for. This is the Et'Sabit."

"You must be mistaken, Teal'c." Daniel looked horrified. Good, keep that thought. I can use it, four eyes. 

"I am sorry DanielJackson. Colonel O'Neill is the criminal which we seek." 

I started spitting curses, demanding to be released at once. They were all dead once I got free. Dead. And I would enjoy every minute of it. 

There's a faint pinch in my neck and the world started to fade away. Not a problem. I can wait.

~~~

tbc