Nobody Lives With out Love

Disclaimer: Voyager and her crew belong to Paramount what I chose to do with them is my own. This story is PG-13 for the m/m relationship forming. The song Nobody Lives With Out Love belongs to a lot of people suffice it to say it's not mine, and it does belong to someone.


Tom Paris sat in a dark corner of Sandrines watching people coming and going and for the most part remaining unnoticed. Suddenly there was one of those murmurs that runs through the room when something exciting is happening. Looking up from his drink he caught sight of Commander Chakotay standing at doors arm-in arm with Captain Janeway. Gods no. This wasn't supposed to happen she wasn't supposed to give in. She was suppose to stay the Captain and ignore the advances from her first officer. NO. He'd waited to long, he lost his chance.

*********************************

Seems like I've gone off the side of a mountain
Couldn't be sure I was even alive
Falling from the icy heights
Landed with a broken crash
In this valley of shadow and sorrow and sighs
Can you save me baby

********************************

Chakotay felt the eyes of every person in the holodeck on him and Kathryn but gradually people went back to their conversations. But someone was still watching them he could feel it. Who? Looking around he finally saw the figure seated in the shadows his eyes riveted on them. No not them, him. Something in those eyes... they looked horrified, terrified, and full of sorrow all at once, and there was something else... Oh Spirits not now. He couldn't. Not now not when he'd finally persuaded Kathryn to go out with him. Why could these things ever come up at reasonable times... when he wasn't on a date with the Captain.

********************************

Nobody lives without love
Nobody gets to give up
You can try to lock your hearts away
But love will come back for you someday
Nobody lives without love

********************************

Tom waited until the bar had emptied out then ordered a real drink. Then proceeded to stare in to it instead of drinking. Suddenly he heard a faint sound behind him, whirling around he found himself face to face with Chakotay. What was he doing here he should be off fucking the Captain by now. They stared at one another then suddenly the Commander reached out and grabbed him pulling him in to a crushing embrace covering the pilots mouth with his own.

********************************

Thought I could live my life as a stranger
Hide from the heart break that love always brings
Make it to the higher ground
And try to turn the volume down
Couldn't stop the sirens from singing
Sing for me baby

*********************************

And suddenly as the embrace had started, it was over. Chakotay released the younger man who stumbled back panting. After he caught his breath the pilot made a smart comment. At that Chakotay turned stalking out of the holodeck. Damn the man. Couldn't he take anything seriously.

**********************************

Nobody lives without love
Nobody gets to give up
You can try to lock your hearts away
But love will come back for you someday
Nobody lives without love

**********************************

Tom stared after the Commander. gods he'd done it again. Blown his only chance because of his smart mouth. You'd think he'd have learn by now. He'd waited years for this chance and he'd just killed it. What was it about the man that brought out the worst in him. He knew, he just didn't like to think about it. But now was probably one of those times he had to. He loved the man so much it scared him. He fallen for the big Maquis the first time he saw him, the feeling hadn't been mutual. He was so afraid he'd get hurt again.

**********************************

You came along like a flash of your lightning
Crashed in to my life like a run away star
Feels like I'm falling in gravitization
I'm standing here offering a stranger my heart

***********************************

Chakotay was pacing his quarters. Damn, why did he have to love the most irritating man in the universe. The man who brought out the absolute worst in him. Made him lose all control. The door chimed. Composing himself he slowly went over and keyed it open. And there was the pilot.

***********************************

You can even lock you hearts away
But love will come back for us someday
Nobody lives without
Nobody lives without
Nobody lives without love

***********************************

Before the older man could even react Tom pounced on him forcing him back far enough that the doors closed then kissing him, on his face, lips, throat, any bare skin he could find. And slowly Chakotay began to respond wrapping his arms around the other man holding him still so that he could kiss him soundly, tasting the depths of his mouth, enjoying the way the seemingly selfish man gave up ever thing to him.

************************************

Seems like I've gone off the side of a mountain
Couldn't be sure I was even alive
Thought I could live my life as a stranger
Hide from the heart break the love always brings


Back to Voyager Stories