Text Box: Tommyboy's Fan Fiction
Buckaroo Banzai

 

                 

Monsters under my bed

 

Tommy Boy woke from her dead sleep. Sitting up, she looked around, trying to discern what woke her. She was alone in her room, at the institute.  Buckaroo and Rawhide were away for a lecture series in Los Angeles. Thunder was still working on his assignment in Florida. She didn't  know what woke her.

She lay back down, after punching her pillow and closing her eyes.

In a half sleep/half wake state, memories came back to her. Memories of being a child in the mansion in Long Island. The insecurities of what she endured as a child.

One memory came back strong, the time she kept hearing noise under her bed. She had told her twin brother about it and he laughed at her when she told him she had monsters under her bed.

Rolling in her bed she remembered the nights that were dark for her father thought it was to childish to have a night light in her room.  The dark, the noises, night after night. And no one listened to her.

Tommy Boy sat up and brought her legs around to sit on the edge of the  bed. "Damn night terrors," she thought.

She looked at the clock to see what time it was. 2 AM. She picked up her cell phone that laid on the bed stand and punched in a shortcut number.

"It's your dime," came back at her when the phone answered.

"Ever had monsters under your bed?" she asked, knowing he knew it was her.

It felt good to talking to him, sharing things that she held so close.

They talked for some time and she laid back down to night's rest thinking of Thunder.


 

 

 

@ 2005 Tommy Boy fan fiction * design and content by Paula C. *