Text Box: Tommyboy's Fan Fiction
The Monkees

 

                 


Story: My Love... My Life


(Conclusion)

My Love.


Pulling into the driveway, Laura parked her yellow convertible Mustang.  It had been a birthday present last year from her dear friend and husband.  He asked what she wanted and she had answered something sassy and he got this as her main present.  She smiled thinking how lucky she was to have someone like him in her life.

She turned off the key and sat there for a moment, resting her head back against the cushion.  It had been a long week.  She taught school and her students didn’t like the assignment that she had given them so they griped the whole week.  On top of that, her husband who had gone on a three-week trip to New York was now on his fifth week away from home.  Things were more complicated then he originally thought, his appearances were added on to and he found additional work in the studio.

With that thought, Laura opened the door and stood up, reaching in the back seat for her briefcase.  All she wanted to do was go in, change out of her clothes and relax.  She walked to the front door of the house and unlocked the large door.

The beach house was her husband’s pride.  He had lived there off and on since his early twenties with friends while they were a struggling group.  When he was able, he bought the house, then the house next door and renovated it to be a home and studio.  Opening the door she entered the large living room.   She could see the blue water through the French doors that lined the opposite wall.  The pale yellow and white trim of the room gave the room a feeling of air and sunshine.  She laid her briefcase down next to the door to her office on the first floor which used to be one of the two downstairs rooms, then took off her high heals next to the spiral staircase. 

Laura was already heading into the open kitchen when the phone rang.   She walked to the long counter that separated the kitchen from the living room.  Checking the caller I.D. she saw that it was a friend.  “Nut house, we create them then  play them.”

“Nut house?  You okay?” a male voice asked.

“Let’s say I’m glad it’s TGIF.  The kids were unbearable and Peter is still not home. Other than that, I’m peachy.  So what’s up foo foo?”  She liked to call Micky that from his days of curly hair that he had from ‘67 through the 70's, though she didn’t know him then, she was a fan.

“A gathering, tomorrow night at my house.  The whole gang will be here.”

“The whole gang?  Did you call Megan and Ian?”

“Called and confirmed.  You were the last on the list to call.  If I knew he was still gone I would have called you earlier.”

“Things happen.”  She sat down on a stool and played with a red rose in a vase.  He had sent it on Monday with the news that he would be gone for a little longer.  She sighed, missing him more.  “I hope he comes home soon.  I miss him.”

“I’m sure he misses you to Laura.  Since you two met you have been good for each other.”

“We did meet at the worst times of our lives,” Laura admitted.

“And helped each other come out stronger for it.”

Peter did help her, more than she could ever thank him for.  He was recovering from his drug and alcohol abuse and she was finally admitting she was a co-dependant.  From there it was up hill for both of them.

“Megan sounds likes she is loving her job at the tourist board.”

“She loves talking about places.  I’m happy for her, since coming here she has relaxed and shown her true beauty.”

“You two did that for her.  I’m glad you two won custody.”  It seemed like a far off dream, or nightmare, when her ex husband had pulled a stunt to get temporary custody of Megan and it took two years to get her back.  But Peter stood by her as a friend at the time.  “And look at her now, she is standing on her own two feet.”

“Yeah, twelve years ago was a whole other life. Now I feel like I’m on top of the world and I can’t believe my luck.”   Laura stood up.  “Well, what time is the shindig tomorrow night?”

“Seven. And bring some salami roll ups.”

“So you can eat the whole tray?”

“Well, I can’t help it.  I love them.”

“See you tomorrow night foo foo.”

“See you tomorrow Laura.”

Laura hung up the phone and took off the jacket to her suit.  She walked to the laundry room and dropped it into a basket of to do wash and saw sitting on the floor two suitcases, Peter’s suitcases.

She went back into the living room and called out “Peter?”  She started up the stairs to their bedroom suite.  Peter had renovated the house to join the one next door so he made a large bedroom and bath suite on this side and giving two rooms in the house adjoining.  She entered the bedroom.

The king-sized bed was littered with rose petals of different colors.  A note was on the edge before her.  “Relax with a nice bath . . .  I’ll be there in a few minutes.”

~~ ~~ ~~ ~~

Laura walked into the bathroom to see a basket filled with items.  Bubble bath, chilled sparkling cider, and oils.  “What a romantic,” she said out loud with a smile on her face.  She turned on the taps to the oversize tub and added the bubble bath.  She went back into the bedroom to undress.  She put her clothes in the hamper and found her robe to lay near the tub.  She turned on the stereo and enjoyed her cd’s.   Slipping into the warm foamy water she settled in, closing her eyes to let the warm water sooth her tired body and waited for Peter to show.

She listened to the songs, singing along with some that she enjoyed.  She had a good voice but Peter had yet to convince her to record or back him up on any of his songs.  “That’s your profession honey.  Molding minds is mine,” she told him.  But she did let him teach her how to play guitar.  It was on her list of things she wanted to learn.  When they were friends during their first steps back into life, they had made a list of things they wanted to accomplish.  They had worked with each other to make those wishes come true.  Of course hers were ones that took time to achieve, like go to school to get her teaching degree and learning guitar and learn not to take so much on herself to make everything right.

Peter’s were emotions of his heart which were also hard to deal with.  He had been used by others.  His kind heart being abused each time.  But he turned his energy into renovating the house and finding his music once more. 

And they were there for each other for each of their own little detours, like her custody battle for Megan and his unfortunate car wreck. But they discovered each other and things were on top of the world for them.

The water rippled then she felt him next to her, straddling her lap.  She kept her eyes closed,  sensing his arms on either side of her head.  The touch of his lips to hers, then the deepening of the kiss.    Laura’s hands moved to roam his chest.  A low growl came from his throat, causing her to giggle.  Peter pulled away and she opened her eyes to see her husband.

“I’ve been gone for five weeks and you giggle at me.”

“You growled,” she simply answered.  She sat forward and kissed him once more.  Peter held her close to him as he lay claim to what he had missed for his time away.  He settled her back against the cushioned wall and reached into the basket for one of the bottles that was in it, pouring some oil into his hands and warmed it there then went to work on her shoulders and moving lower once he was satisfied that the kinks were off.   However, the next object would not be relaxing but titillating to her core.  He massaged her breasts then turned his massaging fingers into questing fingers.  Her nipples already puckered from the water were at his mercy.  He lowered his head to kiss one then the other then started teasing them. 

Soon Laura was moving in the water, wanting to find relief.  Pete shifted so she could open her legs.  He moved to kiss her while his hand drifted lower to find the spot that would give her  pleasure.   Laura moaned when all she could do was shake in the spot she was in and pant between kisses.  Peter kissed her neck as he brought her further up into her orgasm, she always showed her emotions, enjoying the release, the fight for control, the shattering, the wanting, the need.  She held onto his arms as he kept moving his fingers.  When she couldn’t take anymore, he slowed his fingers and took her into his arms.

She let him hold her on his lap, enjoying that he was there, finally, holding her.  After recovering she looked up and kissed his chin.  She shifted on his lap to straddle him and zeroed on his erect member, settling him deep.  Rocking her hips back and forth, starting with slight movements to caress him.  She kissed up his neck and found his mouth.  His hand went to her waist holding her close. Soon he was lost in her rhythm, moving his hips to create the longer movement.  She quickened the beat and he soon came.

This time she held him, loving him in caressing ways.

“My love,” she whispered.

“My life,” he answered.

Laura rested in Peters embrace. They never had to comment that they missed each other.  They both knew that. She rested her head on his shoulder as he rubbed her back.


"What were you thinking before I slipped in and disturbed you?" he asked.
 

Laura closed her eyes and moved to kiss his neck. "How grateful I am we found each other. How we have held each other through some bad times and now," she moved to look into his eyes. "The good times. I love you Peter Tork."
 

"And I love you Laura Tork."
 

They kissed a brief moment.
 

Peter looked down and commented, "I think I'm a prune."
 

Laura moved her hand and squeezed his anatomy and laughed. "I think I agree. Time to get out."
 

They left the tub and toweled each other then Peter scooted her off to their bedroom. He turned her to kiss once more in a long, passionate kiss, making her feel foggy in the brain.  He lowered her onto their bed, settling her onto the spread of roses.

Peter looked down at her, surrounded by the rose petals.  He found out soon in the friendship that flowers were so easy to please her.  They had gone to an art show and there was a flower vendor.  Peter bought a rose and handed it to her.  He didn’t expect her reaction.  No one had given her flowers before, not even her ex-husband.   So whenever he could he would buy her a flower during the week and leave it for her some place.

“Hello?  Earth to Peter?” a voice came to break into his memories.  Peter looked down at her.  “Care to let me in?”

“Remembering when I bought you your first rose.”  He lowered to kiss her lips and she opened her mouth to kiss him more deeply.  Peter moved away to start kissing down her chin to her neck and collar.  Laura closed her eyes when his lips came to her left breast.  He loved to kiss and knead her ample breasts and knew how hot it made her.  Then his lips moved on lower, down her stomach.  She was already panting and now he was making his way lower to kiss what made her want so badly. 

Laura felt the kiss then the lick, shaking with each rake of the tongue, she tried to grab the sheets but came up with handfuls of rose petals. She wasn’t a screamer but when he did this she moaned.  She bucked to his administrations, her head moving from side to side, crying out for him to don’t stop.

Peter loved it when he came home.  The first evening was showing their devotion to each other.
 

He pulled away and sat up on his knees, looking down on Laura.  Her eyes were closed, trying to catch her breath, flushed from the exertion that he had caused.  He laid down beside her, taking her in his arms, holding her.

She fell asleep from her exertion.   He pulled away then laid a blanket over her while he got the next part of his plan underway.  He had ordered their favorite meal and he had to get ready to serve it.

~~ ~~ ~~ ~~

A soft kiss to her cheek woke her up.  Laura opened her eyes to see Peter kneeling beside their bed.  “Wake up sleepy head, time to eat.”

“Not till I have my kiss,” she smiled.

Peter leaned in and gave his wife a satisfying kiss.

“You sure it’s time to eat?” she asked with a smile.

“Only if you want to waste that prime rib I ordered from Tex’s.”  Laura looked at him with wide eyes.  He was wearing a pair of faded jeans and faded t-shirt.  Laura got up and found a pair of sweat pants and comfortable sweatshirt.  He led her downstairs to see that the table was set with their favorite meal, a prime rib for her, he couldn’t get her to give up meat, and a salad for him.  He helped her in into her chair and he sat down across from her.

They took a moment then started on their meal.

“When did you get in?” she asked.

“Two.”

“You just beat me in.”

“I wanted to surprise you,” he smiled.

“Which you did rather well.”

“See you worked on the garden out front.”

“When the papers were driving me nuts, I did.”

“You do have some tense spots, other than the obvious.”

“If that is a question have I been doing my yoga on a regular basis, no husband mine, I have been a bad girl.” 

Peter looked up from his salad, “We’ll rectify that tomorrow.”

“Micky called, there is a family party tomorrow night at his house.”

“It will be nice to see everyone.”

“It will be a nice surprise for everyone to see you come home.”

“Well I am all yours till then.  I didn’t call Megan or Ian.”

They finished their meal telling stories that they didn’t tell over the phone.  Laura smiled when she heard Peter’s rich laughter.  Laura got up to put her dishes in the sink and looked to Peter, “A walk on the beach?”

“Been looking forward to it.”  He found a sweat jacket and put it on over his shirt.  They headed out the back door and down to the beach.  They held each other close, arms looped around their waists.  This was quiet time, and taking the time to enjoy their surroundings, of the ocean, beach and sun.

They returned sometime later to the house.  Peter started washing the dishes as she picked up the table and turned on the answering machine to see that two messages had been left while they were out.

It was Ian’s voice that came through.  “Hey Mom, Micky just told me Dad is still gone.  If you want, we can check out that antique fair that you had a flyer on.  Call me back when you get a chance.”

Peter came up behind her.  “Ian said he had spent some time here.”

“Girl problems. But he’s doing okay.” She smiled when he called her Mom.  He accepted her from the beginning but she didn’t want to replace his first mother, but Peter let her know that Sarah would have a special place in their hearts and that they could accept her too.

“How about you call him and talk to him.  I think that’s what he needs right now.”

Peter put his arms around her.  “I thought I was yours till the party?”

“You’re mine tonight.  Tomorrow, your son needs you.  You go antiquing with him and see what the root of his problem is.”  She looked around the kitchen. 

“What are you looking for?”

“Dessert.  You know, that chocolate chip cheese cake that we only have when you come home from a trip.  I don’t see it anywhere.”

“Would you believe I didn’t buy it this time?”  He smiled his dimpled smile at her.

“No,” she told him plainly. 

“Okay, don’t believe me then.”

“Peter Tork . . . Where is it?” Laura tried to sound menacing.

“Hot and cold?” He asked announcing that it as now a game to find her beloved dessert.

She headed toward the studio.  He followed behind her.  The living room of the second house was made of hardwood floors to use for a dance and yoga studio.  The two spare bedrooms were off the first floor.  Upstairs was Peter’s music studio.

She stopped at the stairs.  “Getting warm?”

“Getting warm,” he answered.

She headed up the stairs to his studio to see the beloved dessert on the baby grand piano.

“Am I that shallow?”

“No.  I just know where your passions lie.  You always want to play something new when you come home for me.  You are little kid wanting to show off, and you know you can lure me here with the prize.”

Peter sat down at the piano and started playing.  She sat down on a stool.  “Need to come up with a new set up then?”

“Don’t, please?  I enjoy hearing you.  It’s been so silent while you have been gone.    I realize each time you are gone how much you are of this house.  You play your cd’s, your guitar, your banjo in the house.  You play up here on the piano.  This house is your music.  It’s so silent when you are not here, even if I’m playing my cd’s it’s different.”

Peter started playing one of the songs that he had worked on in New York.  She listened to him, loving him for sharing his heart and passion with her.

He started on a one that she couldn’t help get up and start dance to it.  Dress sexy.  She moved  to the beat.  She always liked to dance to his music.  No one ever asked her out to a dance or such so she stayed quiet till Micky got her out on the dance floor one time at Peter’s urging when he was doing a show.

She came over and sat beside him on the bench and draped her arms around him.  He stopped playing and took her into his arms. 

“Welcome home,” she smiled

Peter moved to kiss her, then hold her close. 

“My love, my life, that is what you are to me,” Peter sighed in her ear.

“My heart,” she answered.

 

 

@ 2005 Tommy Boy fan fiction * design and content by Paula C. *