Text Box: Tommyboy's Fan Fiction
The Monkees

 

                 

 

Words





"Hey Woolhat!" Mike and the guys heard behind them.

Micky looked behind them to see who had said it. Turning back to the guys, he moaned under his breath, "It's the Brat Pack."

The Brat Pack were four girls who made it their existence to see the Monkees perform anywhere.

At first the guys thought it was neat but things changed. Melany, Candy, Hope and Charity, the guys soon learned that they were fans they didn't need.

Coming up behind them, Melany stopped by Mike. "Michael, you haven't called me in ages."

Mike looked disdainly at her.

"What would he call you? Bitch?" Davy asked, smiling at the metaphor.

Melany looked shocked only for a moment then went back to looking at Mike.

"What do you want Melany?" Micky asked.

"Want? I don't want anything."

Peter had moved out of the circle a bit and looked at the four girls. "I can't imagine the four of you slumming. This isn't your usual shopping street."

The street they were on was known for it's second hand stores. The guys usually walked through once a month to see what they could find. Melany and her friends probably didn't even know that such stores existed.

Melany looked glaringly at Peter. Mike moved away. But Melany made sure she came back with a come back. "Peter, don't you know we go slumming every time we go to hear you play." Melany smiled at them.
Micky shook his head and started down the street. "Whatever Melany. Come on guys we have things to do."

Peter fell into step behind him, then Mike and Davy, leaving the Brat Pack behind.


chapter 2

The Monkees had been playing a circuit of bars that were frequented by a group of younger adults, 18 to 23 year olds. They followed the band from one venue to another. Four girls stood out from them, Melany and her three friends. They came to the clubs, and made sure that boys knew that they were there.

Mike had been enticed by Melany. He asked her out after talking to her several times at different gigs. Mike enjoyed he relationship with Melany. The went out on dates, like to movies and dinners out when he could afford it. Mike for once seemed a bit relaxed around home.

Peter had seen the girls while at the library and overheard a few things that he didn't like. There had been a bet by the group to have Melany have sex with Mike.

Peter returned to the pad and found Davy home.

"Davy, I found out something that is not at all good."

"What? They stopped selling your favorite comic?"

"Davy, I overheard Melany talking with her friends. Dating Mike is a bet. A bet to see if she can entice him into her bed."

"Not good." Davy remarked. He wondered if Mike would believe them. But it came from Peter, who never lied to anyone. "You need to tell him when he comes home man. Mike doesn't like to be lied to, especially someone he care about.

Peter agreed about the lying part, but he didn't relish the prospect of telling Mike about Melany.

~~~~~~~
Mike came home from grocery shopping an hour later. Mike carried in two bags and asked Pete to get the other two out of the car. Davy had heard the car pull up and headed out to the beach to leave Peter with Mike.

Peter carried the other two bags in and sat them on the table and started unloading them.

"Mike, I heard something today that involves one of us." Peter tried to sound casual about it while unloading the bags.

"You heard something. Like what?" Mike asked while putting items in the cabinets.

"That it seems there is a bet for someone to date one of us to get them to sleep with her."

Mike stopped and turned to look at Peter. Davy bedded almost anyone, so that wouldn't be a good bet for anyone to make. Peter was to shy to do it with anyone unless he knew them completely. Micky wasn't dating anyone at the moment. That left himself who was the only one currently dating a steady girl.

"Care to explain a little more?" Mike asked.

Peter turned around to see Mike staring at him. "I was at the library today. I happened to hear Melany and her friends talking about the bet they made."

Mike stood there, leaning against the sink. "You heard them talking about a bet."

"Yeah, the girls dared Melany to date you to get her to have sex with her."

Mike shook his head. He moved away from the sink and headed for the door.

Peter followed him, "Mike?"

"It's okay Pete, I just need to take a drive." He looked back at his friend. "Will you finish up with the groceries. I need to think over a few things."

"Sure Mike. Don't stay out to long."

"I won't"

Mike went outside and left in the GTO.

chapter 3
Mike returned an hour later. He went to his room.

Davy and Peter and filled in Micky about what had happened. Later Mike came out of his room, dressed for a date.

He came down the stairs and went to the kitchen and got a glass of water.

"Hey man, where you off to?" Micky asked.

"A date."

"With Melany?" Davy asked.

"With Melany." Mike answered.

Peter looked at Mike, "This is your last date I hope."

Mike looked at Peter and nodded, "yes, Pete, it will be my last date with her."

Mike looked at himself in the mirror and thought he looked good. "I'll be home soon. I don't think dinner will be all that long." And headed out the door.

Micky looked to Davy who looked to Peter. Micky asked, "Where is dinner at tonight, anyone know?"

"That Bistro on Main. Melany likes going there."

They headed for the door to see if they could borrow their neighbors car to see what was about to go down.

~~~~~~~~
Mike escorted Melany to the table the Matre'd had shown them.

Mike sat down opposite Melany.

"Have a good day today Melany?"

"Was at the library most of the day. Working on a research project for History."

"Peter was there, saw you and your friends talking about things other than history."

"He was there? I didn't see him."

"Peter tend to be quiet when he is on his own."

"What did he hear?"

"Something about a bet."

Melany's pleasant facade shook a bit then she recovered. "What bet?"

"Good recovery, but I'm not buying it. The bet to bed me Melany."

"Mike, there is no such bet. Peter is lying to you."

Mike smiled at her, she knew that Peter didn't lie. "Thanks for making me a fool. I believed in what you were saying, how you loved me. But there were just words. Words to get me to make love to you. Then what? Walk away from me, saying 'it's been nice'?"

Mike got up and looked down at her. "I gave you my heart, but I'm glad I didn't give you my soul." and he walked away.

Outside the Bistro, Mike saw Peter, Davy and Micky. They were next to the GTO.

"How did you get here?"

"Connie was home, she gave us a lift." Micky said proudly.

"Well done my man." Davy told him.

Mike shook his head then looked at Peter, "thanks man. You stopped me from doing the wrong thing."

"Any time man, that's what friends are for." Peter beamed.

Mike looked around, "Anyone for a drink? I could use one right now."

They all got into the GTO and headed out.



~~ finis ~~

WORDS

Girl, don't you know everytime I see you smilin'?
Hurts so bad cause when I see you, I start tryin'.
Try everything to stop but there's no denying.
Falling in love with you girl is just like dying.

Ohhh, don't walk away.
How, how can I make you stay, don't turn away
I can still hear you saying those

Words that never were true.
Just spoken to help nobody but you.
Words with lies inside,
But small enough to hide
'Til your playin' was through.

Girl don't you know we can work it out with talkin'?
You won't turn around or slow down your walking.
I've given you everything with kiss to seal it
You had to get your kicks out of tryin' to steal it.

Now, I'm standing here.
Strange, strange voices in my ears,
I feel the tears
But all I can hear are those

Words that never were true
. Just spoken to help nobody but you.
Words with lies inside,
But small enough to hide
'Til your playin' was through. Ah!

Now, I'm standing here.
Strange, strange voices in my ears,
I feel the tears
But all I can hear are those

Words that never were true
. Just spoken to help nobody but you.
Words with lies inside,
But small enough to hide 'Til your playin' was through

. Words that never were true.
Just spoken to help nobody but you
. Words with lies inside,
But small enough to hide
'Til your playin' was through.

Words that never were true.
Just spoken to help nobody but you.
Words with lies inside,
But small enough to hide
'Til your playin' was through.

 

 

@ 2005 Tommy Boy fan fiction * design and content by Paula C. *