Text Box: Tommyboy's Fan Fiction
The Monkees

 

                 

I Love You

 

Second in the Peter and Valerie series.


Last we saw....

Valerie and Peter kissed.

Over the next week, Valerie had stayed with the guys at the pad. They took her to work since she had a stick shift. And Valerie did not trust Ginger to drive her car anywhere.
The D.A. had prosecuted Stephenson to six months in jail and a year of probation.

Valerie's nightmares had been strong through the week, and Peter had been with her watch night to help her sort them out.

She went home after the first week and started dating Peter properly. Ginger got in to the act by dating Micky.

The Monkees also got a constant gig as being the house band at the beginning of the week at the club. They would play Monday, Tuesdays and Wednesdays. That brought in a steady income plus a venue to try out new material and still let them play other places on the weekends.


Three weeks later....



Peter and Micky came in huffing and laughing when they entered the girls apartment. They had a race up the stairs. The boys were stopping for dinner then they would all go to the club for the evening.

Ginger was in the kitchen cooking when they came into the kitchen following the scent of food.

Micky came up behind her and kissed her in the neck. "Hello my dear." he growled into her ear.


"Hello Micky." she smiled.

Peter watched them from the threshold of the kitchen. "Where's Val?"

"She called saying that she should would be a few minutes late. I expect her in.." she looked at the clock, "Ten minutes."

Peter was still feeling protective of her since the jumping. They had a few arguments about her telling someone where she was or doing. In the end she would be the one defeated by the truth. Peter felt worse by doing it but it was for her own good, to know that she was safe.

"Peter, there is a piece of mail for you on the dining room table."

"Mail? Here?" Peter asked. He went back to the table and saw a letter addressed to him to the apartment address. The return address was from Anthony.
 

Micky came up behind him and saw that. "Whoa, the big brother is writing the suitor," he smiled.
 

Peter opened the letter. He sat down at the table to read what Anthony had to say.


Dear Peter,

I wanted to thank you and your friends for helping out Valerie. The one thing I truly regret is that I am not there to protect her. (Don't let her know that)
When I was drafted, like many, I thought about leaving, but I have responsibilities to Valerie and Mom and Dad. It was Valerie I most was going and am missing.
She wrote how you held her while she cried and helped her start healing. Thank you for being there.
I wish I was there to help but I think she found some special friends.
She writes me almost everyday and we have no secrets. I know one thing, she is in love with you.
She is a quiet girl, and never really dated. I think a lot of the guys were scared off by my presence. Anyway, she never really dated a guy before. And with that she has something special to offer. In theory that is good but with the Stephenson problem, I think she will be rethinking about that one. I'm not saying marry her, but let her first time to be a special one.
She told me about your views and ideas. I think I would love to meet you. I'm not happy being in the war but I'm here. I won't tell you about the conditions nor how many I have killed. Just don't put me down for going. Val tells me that you said everyone must make a choice.
I know Valerie herself is not looking for a ring, she said that you are currently in love with your music. Go for it. She knows the human mind. Don't change it for her or you both will be miserable. Enjoy each other while you can.
I know I ramble. You tend to do that when you are writing on a boring day of sitting in the jungle. I'll stop for now.
Thanks for listening and I hope I didn't shock you to much.
Anthony.

Peter folded the paper. Micky and Ginger were looking at him. "What he have to say?" Micky asked.
 

Peter looked up at them and saw Valerie behind them, "What did he say?" she asked.

Peter smiled, "He said thank you for helping you, being there for you." he told them.

"And?" she asked.

"What?" playing dumb. "He just said thank you for all us and how he wished he had been here to help."

Valerie took his words and nodded.

Ginger turned back into the kitchen to finish up dinner. Micky started setting the table. Peter sat at the table pondering what he had read. Valerie went to her bedroom to change from her work clothes.

Peter had feelings for Valerie. And here her brother all but okayed it for him to make a move on her. He shook his head. It was a dream that was all but to good to wake up from.

Valerie came up behind Peter and wrapped her arms around him, "I hope that my brother didn't scare you." she said quietly.

"No, not at all." he replied taking her into his arms and kissing her.


Peter went with Valerie in her Mustang while Micky drove Ginger in the Monkee mobile.
 

Peter asked, "Your brother is rather up front about things is in he?"

"Been that way since going over." she told him. She pulled into traffic and shifted to get into the fast lane.

"Such as?"


"He wants me to go to school." she told him. "I always was a good writer. He wants me to go to school
for journalism or english."

"What's wrong with that?"

"I don't know. Again it is someone telling me what I should do. I don't know what I want to do t."
 

"No one says you have to do it today or tomorrow. Just think about it." Peter told her.
 

Valerie pulled into the parking lot and parked the car. She turned off the engine and looked over at Peter. She leaned over to him and kissed him. "Thank you." she whispered.
 

"For what?"

"Listening to me."

"Everyone needs to have someone listen to them."

"Who listens to you?" she asked.

"Michael."


After getting home to the pad, Peter went to the veranda and re-read the letter from Anthony. It still astounded him that Valerie's brother is saying such things.

Mike came out to see what was troubling Peter. He tended to go out on the veranda when he was thinking something over.

"Anthony wrote more in that letter other than thanking us." Peter explained.

"What did he say?"

"He wants me to be Valerie's first love."

Mike whistled to that, "He did what?"

"Basically said that he knows Valerie loves me and that if she wants to have it all, to give it to her."

Mike sat back in the chair. "Man, talk about brutal truth."

"So now I have to think on what to do."

Mike looked at him quizzically. "Do?"

"I'm not a guy who takes sex likely not like some others we know." Peter gestured with his head to the two inside the pad.

"Peter, I think when you two met that night it was inevitable something would come up. If she wants it, she'll tell you. And I think it's perfect that you'll be her first. Heck if I had a kid sister, I would hope that she find someone nice like you."
 

Peter smiled at the compliment. It's not that Peter had one night stands, but if he cared about someone, he wanted it to be deep. Valerie was in his heart so it would be easy.

"Thanks Michael."
 

"Any time. I won't let them know. Val has a hard time enough being teased about being a virgin."

Micky occasionally teased Valerie about her virtue, but she usually fired back at him.


Sitting on the beach, the guys were enjoying some down time with their girls. Davy had a new flavor of the week, Sabrina and Mike was seeing girl named Jill. Then there was Valerie and Ginger for Peter and Micky.

Valerie sat on the blanket writing in her notebook. The boys were playing volleyball behind them. Jill came up and sat down next to her.
 

Valerie looked up at her. Jill was a beauty. She had long auburn hair and knew she was gorgeous.

"What are doing?" Jill asked.

"Writing, I had an idea that I wanted to work on."

Jill nodded, she stretched out on the blanket. "You are always so serious." Jill commented. "You need to enjoy life."

Valerie looked down at Jill. "Jill?"

"Yes?"

"I don't mean to pry into your privacy. But I have a question, just girl talk."

"Go for it, I won't be offended."

"With all that has happened in the last few weeks, I have been rethinking about my life. About being a..."

"Virgin, it's an easy to say and a good word." Jill said.

"About being a virgin. I almost had an experience that would have robbed my of that, the love behind it."

Jill could see where this was leading to. She sat up and looked at Valerie. "I'm going to give you a suggestion and knowing Pete, he would love to do it."

Valerie looked at her.

"Actually it's two suggestions so that you both will know where things stand. First have an all out discussion with Peter. Tell him your dreams, your fears. Then another time have Pete love you without the dick. You will find that you can have experiences beyond belief that way. Then you will know if you want to give it to him."

Valerie looked to Jill. "Thanks, I never thought of that."

"There is more to the whole process. Unfortunately parents don't tell us that." Jill smiled.

Peter came over and sank to his knees on the blanket next to Valerie. He picked up her bottle of cola.

"Having a good game?" She asked.

"Hell no. Those four that asked for the pick up game are good. But we are hanging in there."

"Hey Peter, come on." Micky called.

Peter leaned over and kissed Valerie and got back up to rejoin the game.

"Your lucky." Jill told Valerie.

"Why?"

"He loves you." she stated obviously.



Thursday night

Valerie arranged to have the apartment for a dinner and evening with Peter. She wanted to talk to him and see how he would react to her thoughts.

She checked on the meal then went to her room do dress.

Valerie discarded her skirt and button blouse. She stood before the mirror looking at herself. In a white cotton bra and panties, Valerie looked at herself. She closed her eyes and imagined what it would feel like to have Peter's hands reach around her and hold her breasts, to feel his kiss on her neck. She opened her eyes. Fantasies. She had a lot of them lately.

She moved to find her dress that she wanted to wear for the date. She had found a mini in black that fitted her well. She didn't usually wear black, but with adding a pink scarf as a belt. She tied her hair back in a matching scarf.

Valerie looked at herself again the in mirror. She nodded to herself in approval for what she was about to do. Have a serious conversation with Peter.

At seven Peter knocked on the door.


Valerie answered it to be greeted by a bouquet of flowers.

"Peter!" she said with astonishment.

"It dawned on me that I had not brought you a gift. And in thinking, flowers were the best thing I could chose." he told her as he followed her into the kitchen to find something to put them in.

"Flowers was the choice?" she asked.

"Color. You always seem to add a touch of it everywhere."

Valerie settled the flowers into a vase then turned to Peter. Dressed in jeans, moccasin boots and a purple suede shirt, he was color for her. She went over to him and hugged him. Peter wrapped his arms around her and held her.
 

"Peter Tork, I have a confession to make."

"What is that?"

She looked up into his face, into his eyes. "I love you."


They ate dinner in the dining room lit by two candles. Holding hands and sharing conversation they enjoyed the closeness. They went into the living room. Valerie brought the two candles and they sat together on the couch. Peter held her in his arms.

Peter kissed her and could feel a little tension in Valerie.

"Want to talk about it?" he asked.

She kissed Peter's chin nodded. "I want to talk about something that I have never talked to anyone about."

"Go on."

"I want to talk about sex." she got out.

"Nothing wrong with the topic." he told her.

So far so good. "Peter. I could have lost more than I realized a few weeks back. I've been thinking about that if I wait till I marry, I would miss a lot in the in between time."


Peter nodded and giving a squeeze of a hug.

"I have no idea about anything about making love. Oh I know what you read in books and what they will show of in movies but.."
 

Peter kissed her forehead. "It's instinctive when you let yourself enjoy it."

"I wanted to talk to you. It was suggested that I talk to you, to let you know what I dream about."

"It's a good start."

"And there was another suggestion." she said quietly.


"What's that?" he kissed into her hair.
 

She didn't know how to phrase it without being so blunt.
 

"It's okay. There is no dirty word when it involves two people enjoying each other."
 

She looked up at him, "How come you are so understanding. Did I die and go to heaven?" she asked.
 

"No you did not die and go to heaven. You just happened to find a very endearing friend. So what do you want to ask?"

"Could we make love with out losing my virginity?"

Peter could already imagine loving Valerie's body, to have her begging to go higher. He had those dreams for a week. Cold showers were starting to be the norm for him.
 

He kissed her lips and then answered, "Yes, I can show you." he whispered.
 

They talked through the night talking about dreams and such. She felt at ease with him and he was glad of that.


When Peter returned home he found Mike in the living room. Peter sat in the overstuffed chair with a flop.

"How was your evening?" Mike asked.

"She sprung her question tonight."

"And?"

"We are going to have a run through on Sunday."

"Run through?"

Peter nodded, "She has no idea about anything." Peter smiled, "Plus she told me tonight she loved me."
 

"Put you in seventh heaven."

"I already knew she loved me. The words sounded nice."

"Man, you are in deep." Mike said.

"I want to protect her so bad. But she is letting me in to her shell."

"Don't get too deep, incase you get bumped out of it."

"I won't. She has other plans for the future, and I have the group."

"Okay Peter." Mike got up. "Time to turn in. Was waiting for the last Monkee to come home."

"Thanks Michael."

The band had played at a country club party Saturday so they didn't stay out very late. Once home, Davy and Micky changed and went to have a late date with their girls.

Peter didn't want to disturb Valerie. Jill was on a modeling assignment in Mexico so that left Mike home too.

Peter had wandered out to the veranda. He sat in a chaise, smoking one of his specials.

Mike stepped out onto the veranda after mixing a glass of southern comfort. He walked over to Peter and sat down next to him. Peter offered him the smoke. Mike took it and inhaled it deeply.
 

Mike was aware of Peter's indulges. Each of them had a hang up.
 


Mike handed him back the smoke and sat back in his own lounger.

"What are you thinkn' Pete?" he asked. Closing his eyes to enjoy the mellowing that was coming from within. His head always buzzed from the amps after a show. The buzz was slowly leaving.

"How to handle my situation."

"Don't worry. You'll be fine with her. She loves you and most of all she trusts you."

Peter answered with a sigh.

"What's that for?" Mike asked.

"I'm going to be her first."


"Don't take it so seriously, enjoy it."

Peter took another drag then passed it back to Mike.

Peter closed his eyes, he thought 'She trusted him.' Then a large smile came to his face.

"That's a change partner." Mike commented to the smile.

"She trusts me. I'll give her something she won't forget."


In her room Valerie was trying on the purchases she had made earlier that day with Ginger. She told Ginger what she was planning on doing. Ginger agreed that her wardrobe was a bit antiquated.

They went shopping during the afternoon. Now she dressed in her new purchases, looking at herself in the tall mirror.

She had bought a black lace bra and matching panties. Along with a garter belt and black hose.
 

Valerie gazed upon her figure before her. She felt sexy in it. She could only hope Peter would like it.
 

The phone rang in the apartment. Ginger had gone out on a late date with Micky.

Valerie grabbed her robe and went to answer the phone in the living room.
 

"Hello."

"Valerie." Peter said. "You're still up. I didn't wake you?" he asked.

"No Peter, you didn't wake me." She sat down on the couch, drawing her legs up beneath her.

"I'm to wound up to go to bed yet. How did your day go?" Peter asked.

"Went shopping." she informed him

"For what?"

She felt kind of funny, telling him what she had purchased but he would know in her voice if she was lying about something.

Peter felt the pause of the conversation, "It can't be that bad." he chided.

"I was debating in telling you what I bought today."

"Must have been something special."
 

"Very. A black lacy bra and bikini and a garter belt and hose."

Peter was sitting at the dining room table. With that announcement he let his head fall forward to hit the table.

"Peter? You okay?" Valerie asked.
 

Peter raised his head and said, "I'm fine." Then thought to himself, 'I'm horny but fine.'

"I hope you will like them."

Peter's mind was already doing it's mental drawing of seeing Valerie is such clothing. Peter groaned with the thought of it and having a cold shower.

"I'm sure I will Valerie. Well, I 'll see you tomorrow. Ginger is going out with Micky and staying the night here. Micky will drop me off as he picks her up."
 

"Sounds like a plan."

Peter smiled then added to the end of the conversation, "I love you."

Valerie smiled, "I love you too, Peter Tork."



Peter had gone shopping to get a few items for the night. He dressed in his favorite relaxed clothes. A sweater that his mom had given him that was so soft to the touch from all it's washing. His favorite jeans and moccasins.

Peter and Micky went up to the landing and rang the bell.
 

"Drop off one and pick up another." Micky announced.
 

"So where is the night taking you Micky?" Peter asked.

"To meet the parents." Micky announced.

"That is serious stuff." Peter announced.

"Was bound to happen. But they did offer a free meal. So who could resist that offer."

Ginger rolled her eyes at Micky. "You are such a kook."

"That's why you like me babe."
 

"Come on." she showed Micky the door. "She's finishing up Peter. Make yourself at home."

"Thanks."
 

With that Micky and Ginger left, Peter wondered around the house. They were going to eat out then return home to the apartment. Peter put his bag down on the table.

He heard Valerie's bedroom door open. She stepped out and he saw her.

She was dressed in a mod dress done in many colors that were set off by her black hose and shoes. Her hair was free, flowing around her shoulders.
 

She walked over to him, "You always look more gorgeous."


"You give me the courage to try it out." she smiled.

Peter gave her a kiss.

"You have your new items on?" he asked.

She nodded, blushing a bit.

He kissed her cheek and whispered, "good." in her ear.

Valerie was wondering if she was going to survive dinner.

She located her purse and handed Peter the keys to the car. "You pick the place to eat." she told him.

He liked how they took turns deciding on places to go. Peter took the keys and escorted her out and down the stairs. He drove them to a marina restaurant that he knew of. It was cozy and had good food.
 

They returned a later back to the apartment.

Once in the apartment Valerie started to apprehensive.

Peter took her in his arms. "It's scary when you admit that you want to taste a bit of the unknown." he told her. "Valerie, you do trust me?"
 

She pulled back to look into his eyes. "You've had my trust since the first night we met."

"I will give you a pleasure that your body it so rightly deserves." he kissed into her neck. "If anything makes you uncomfortable you need to tell me. And don't find yourself shocked if you want to make noises."

"Noises?" she questioned.
 

Peter laughed, "You'll see."


Peter took Valerie by her hand and led her into her room. He placed her standing at the foot of the bed. He closed the door and returned to stand before her. Peter held her chin up when she went looking at the floor. "No shyness allowed." he said gently.
 

Valerie thought about a retort but Peter was already casting his spell on her. She looked into his eyes and realized there was no reason to be shy. Peter moved closer and kissed her lips. Valerie closed her eyes and let Peter claim what she was giving. She felt him wrap his arms around her to hug her close to him. His lips buried to the side of her neck. He returned to kiss her.


Peter whispered, "turn around."

When Valerie turned she found herself looking at the full length mirror. Peter moved her hair to the side to kiss her neck, his hands wrapping forward, moving up and down her stomach then up. His hand supported her breasts. Valerie leaned back into Peter, her eyes closing. Peter applied more pressure and caressed her breasts.

Peter moved his hands away and set Valerie up. He found the back zipper to her dress. He slowly let it down. Taking the dress, he revealed her shoulders, moving the top down the expose more skin. Peter watched her reaction through the mirror as he did this. She locked her eyes on his face as her dress fell to the floor.

Peter returned to be close behind her and moved his hands in front. "Show me what I did in your dream. Move my hands." he whispered.

Valerie covered his hands with hers and started moving them around her body. Peter applied gentle pressure to spots, giving her warmth to areas that she had not known.
 

Peter moved her to look at him and he kissed her deeply. A different kiss from the ones before.

Valerie hands came to rest on his chest on his soft sweater. "Go on." he told her. She let her hands drift to the hem and went under, touching his skin. Her hands roamed upwards touching, feeling for any marks. Roaming.

Peter brought his hands to the hem of the sweater and pulled it off. Then he took her his arms again to kiss.

Valerie let her hands roam his back as he did hers. His hands found their way to the bra strap along her back. With a little difficulty he undid the clasp.
 

Peter's goal was to keep things flowing or at least keeping her occupied. He kissed her again while his hands removed the shoulder straps and removed the lace bra. Then his hands claimed their prize. Valerie's breath caught.
 

Peter kept his hands on her firm breasts but asked, "Okay?"

She nodded and looked at his face.

"Look down." he said.

She let her gaze go down to see his hands covering her breasts. Then he moved them to graze the nipples. They puckered, wanting more. He again ran his hand over them, lightly touching them. Valerie looked back up at him. "Peter," she whispered.

Again, Peter tipped her head up and kissed her, while playing with a breast with one hand.

He took a nipple between his fingers and pinched lightly. He heard her moan. Peter kissed from her mouth to her ear. Kissing the shell while he created her energy. "Feels good?"

He heard a noise of agreement. Peter smiled that things were going well.

He stepped away to removed his shoes and then started to loosen his belt. He unhitched the top button of his jeans and lowered the zipper. He quickly chucked his jeans down. Peter stood before her in a pair of briefs. "So appealing is in it?" he asked.
 

Valerie smiled at him.
 

"Come here." He took her back in his arms and started allover again, warming her skin. Peter lowered her to the bed and started kissing down her neck and finding her breast with his mouth.

Instinctively she arched into his mouth. Peter worked with the nipple with his tongue then took a small bit. Valerie hands were in his hair, holding him. He moved to the other giving it the same treatment.

Valerie started to tremble beneath him.

Peter returned to kiss her hard. His hand moved down to caress her outer thigh, pressing into the skin that was not covered by her hose.

Instinctively Valerie opened her thighs.

Peter let his hand wander to the inner thigh then moved it to cup Valerie's sex.

Valerie's breath changed a moment. Peter whispered, "I want to touch you." He could tell through her panties she was hot.

Valerie took her hand and moved his up to the top of her undies.

Peter slid his hand beneath the band and again cupped her with his palm. Peter returned to her breast and started kissing and nipping at it.


Valerie moved her hips, thrusting against his hand. She found the pressure she wanted. She rocked against his hand.
Peter moved to the other breast and treated it his loving while he moved two fingers to catch Valerie's secret nub.

Peter heard a groan. He returned to kiss her mouth. His fingers continued their work. He was pleased that she let him touch her and that she seemed to be going with it. He felt her tremble and she tightened up. "Let it come." he said. "Please, trust me, it's okay." he assured her.
 

Valerie tried to anchor her hands in his hair. Her breathing came harsher. She wanted it to stop yet she wanted more. And she got more. She came. She felt it throughout her body, up to her nose. Peter moved to hold her in his arms. She was limp.
Peter kissed her forehead. He saw a blanket laying on the foot of the bed. He moved to pull it up and covered them both.

She was asleep in less than a minute. Peter wrapped his arm around her and tried to concentrate on sleep instead of his need. Her response to his fingers was a turn on and he was paying the price.

'You'll get your reward Tork.' he told himself. With that he closed his eyes to try to sleep.



Valerie woke up to a steady snore in her ear. She knew that snore to be Peter's from staying at the pad. She lay there remembering what he had done. He loved her. And true to his word he didn't make a move further than showing what it was like.

Now she wanted it all and to give him some back. She moved to kiss his chin.

Peter gave a little movement to her kiss. She kissed his neck. And down. 'What was good for her would be good for him.' she thought.

Peter woke to wet lips traveling over his chest. He groaned with the thought of having her play with him and not be able to release. He pulled her up to his mouth and kissed her hard. Then when he released her he murmured, "You're playing with fire honey."

"I know." she smiled at him. She moved to lie on top of him, her hips against his.

Peter rocked against her and took her mouth once more. He rolled to be on top of her. Peter loved her all over again but he moved lower to unhook her hose from the garter. He took the garter off then took the panties down her legs. He stood and removed his briefs and returned to be next to her.

He kissed her while he let his fingers play with her sex. He fingered her clit and slip a finger in to her slow. He didn't know how long he would last once he buried himself in her so he wanted to give her as much now.
 

Valerie moved with his ministrations. "That's it." Peter whispered.

Peter moved to be between her legs. He moved to center himself. Peter knew it would be a shock but he had to move. He teased her for a moment sliding his head against her. Then he plunged in.

Valerie felt a pain, she tried to move back but Peter was buried in her, he held her still. Peter held her, "it's okay." he panted in her ear. He kissed her eyes, the tears. He kissed her while a hand returned to a breast. He played with it trying to recapture her desire.
 

Soon she was moving, he kissed her neck and smiled. "That's it honey." Peter moved his hips in her, a small thrust. He built up a tempo. Valerie was getting into it with him.

As he suspected he would come to soon, he moved faster and deeper. He tried to bring her in and she did at his last few thrusts.

Peter fell onto her, weak from his release.

Valerie's arms went around him, holding him.

Peter moved to kiss her and move to her side. She rolled with him.

She kissed him then smiled, "I love you," she whispered.

"I love you too." he returned with a kiss of his own.

They fell asleep into a dreamless, contented sleep.


Sun was peaking through the drapes of Valerie's room. It was Monday morning. Valerie had told him she had the day off.

Peter laid on his side, holding someone very special to his heart. She had come into the groups lives only eight weeks ago. Yet he had come very close to her under strange circumstances.

Maybe it was all in the timing. He had been alone for some time, not finding anyone to talk to, or wanting to go beyond one date with. Yet, here he was, being her first lover. He smiled to himself.
 

"If you smile much bigger, I would say you were a wolf in sheep's clothing."

Peter looked down to see Valerie awake.

"Just thinking." he commented. He kissed her on the nose. Valerie lifted her head up for another kiss.

When Peter pulled back, he looked into her face and saw what he wanted to see. Love.
 

"What's wrong Peter?" she asked.

"Making sure you had no regrets. I was reading your face."

"No regrets." she told him. "A little sore, but no regrets." she smiled at him.

"I could get those sore spots for you." he gave her a line.

She looked at him then smiled at, "Well Mr. Tork, that sounds like a line."

"A Davy line actually. I told him it wouldn't work." he dead panned.

"I don't know about that." She reached for him and pulled him into an embrace and started kissing on him.

** ** *** ** ** ** **

After each getting a shower and some food in them, they headed to the pad.

They walked in the pad hand in hand. The guys were on the band stand entertaining Megan.

The guys looked to see them enter the door.

Peter and Valerie walked to the band stand.

"It's about time you got home." Mike said in good humor.

"You knew where I was." Peter retorted with a smile.

Valerie could feel all the eyes on her. There were no secrets among this crowd, she knew.

"Okay before you take him aside and ask and before Megan dies of curiosity. Yes, Pete and I did it, all the way." she added.

Peter turned shy. He turned to pick up his bass and put the strap over his shoulder.

"I wouldn't have put it that way." he commented.

"Ah Pete, she's always been to the point." Micky told him.

"That she has, shot gun." Mike smiled and a half laugh.

Peter looked at Davy waiting for his comment. Davy looked at Valerie and took a step to be in front of her. He whispered in her ear. She smiled at Peter and nodded. Davy stepped back.
 

Peter looked from Davy to Valerie. "What?"

Valerie smiled at Peter, "something about winning the bet of the month."

Peter groaned to himself. One of the bets Davy's has with the house is bedding a virgin each month. Usually it was Davy. Valerie had heard about the numerous bets in the gang.
 

Valerie stepped up to look at Peter, "I don't care Peter Tork. I still love you."


Mike woke up and went downstairs. He saw Ginger sleeping on the couch. With Ginger still there, that meant Peter was still with Valerie. He smiled to himself, making a silent wish to his friend, that matters went well.
 

Mike went into the kitchen and found a bowl, a box of cereal and some milk. He would have breakfast on the veranda.
Over the next two hours the others woke and made their way to the kitchen.

Davy sat at the table and looked at the gang. "Peter didn't come home."

Ginger smiled, "Maybe they did it." she smiled at them.

Micky could only guess. "I know that they love each other. You can see it written on each of their faces."

Davy thought for a moment, "Damn, that means he wins this months bet."

"Peter doesn't care about any bet Davy." Mike told him. "He really cares for Valerie." Mike sat at the table watching Micky make a pig of himself with the cereal. "Keep it in the bowl man."

"Sorry." Micky said between munching.

** ** ** ** ** **

Mike watched as the two love birds came in through the door. He already knew that things went all the way from Peter's shy expression to Valerie's beaming face.

They walked up to the band stand and Valerie made her announcement that yes, they had done it.

Mike saw Peter move to his bass a bit shyly, stating "I wouldn't have put it that way." but he said it in a good natured way. It wasn't bothering him. Mike was thankful for that. Mike knew that Peter would be feeling guilty even though he had nothing to be guilty about.
 

"Ah Pete, she's always been to the point." Micky said from behind the drums.
 

"That she has, shot gun." Mike added.

When Davy went to Valerie, Mike could only speculate what he said to her. Then she answered Peter' question in regards to the bet.

Mike groaned to himself. That was the least Peter would think about. He would have to have a talk with the Brit about his scheme of things.
 

But Peter was happy when she said I love you in front of everyone. It was heard by the masses.

later that night....

The band had returned from the house band duties. Micky and Davy had gone off to bed. Peter had wandered out to the veranda to have his mind cleared. Mike wandered around the house, picking up from the day's movement.

He eventually went out to the deck to see how Peter was doing.

Peter sat indian style on the chaise. His eyes were closed and in his hand was his special cigarette.

Mike sat down next to him, stretching his legs out and he to closing his eyes.

The sound of the waves was the only sound they heard for sometime.

Mike heard Peter move. He looked at his friend and saw serenity.

Mike smiled, "Everything cool?"

"Everything is cool." Peter answered. "We may not be together forever but I found a true friend that actually sees 'in' me." Peter said in wonder.
 

"Enjoy the here and now." Mike told him.

"Mike, when we first met, I confessed to her a deep secret, as she did to me."

"What was that Peter?"

"That I acted dumb most of the time around everyone so they would like me."

"I know you are way smarter than you let on." Mike told him. "The discussion we have out here are way different from if Davy or Micky was with us. I don't hold it against you."

"Thanks Mike."
 

"What was Valerie's?"

"She has no direction. I think she is starting to find one. She is thinking about going to school in fall for writing."

"That's a good seven months from now."

"Her brother will be back by then. He will help out the parents so she can go to school."

Mike nodded his head in understanding.

Peter stood up and looked out into the night. "I'll support her. She needs to realize her potential. Like she supports me with the band. She knows it's my main goal right now."

"I think you found a true heart there Peter."

Peter turned around to look down at him, "I did, didn't I."

Mike got up and gave Peter a hug. "You did partner." Then he stepped away, "Let's head in. I've had a long day."



 

@ 2005 Tommy Boy fan fiction * design and content by Paula C. *