Text Box: Tommyboy's Fan Fiction
The Monkees

 

                 


Love ... What Love


Introduction:  What was I thinking...

The guys came dragging in to the Pad.  They had played their last night of a five week stand at the Dance a Go-Go.  They wearily moved to slump into the closest chair or couch.

“We made it,” Micky announced from the easy chair that he had dropped into with a thud.

“Made it where?” Peter asked from where he had collapsed onto the leather psychiatric chair.

“Oh Peteh.” Davy chided from the couch where he crashed face first.

“We’re home Peter,” Mike clarified from another overstuffed chair.

After a few minutes, Mike thought how well they were doing.  “Rent for two months, food money and bills caught up.  It will be nice to have Babbitt off our backs for once.”

“Can we celebrate?” Micky asked.  “I haven’t seen Gilly longer than ten minutes over the last few weeks.”  Gilly was Micky’s current lover interest.  ‘He’s infatuated with her,’ Mike thought to himself with a sigh.

“How about a group date?” Peter suggested.  “We haven’t done that for awhile.”

Shifting onto his back on the couch, Davy told the others, “I’ll ask Tiffany to go.”  In regards to his love or flavor of the week the others would tease him about.

“I’ll ask Lisa,” Peter chimed in.  “She hasn’t been out for awhile.  I’m sure Mrs. Purdy would love to watch Cassie.”  Lisa was a friend of theirs that lived two blocks up from the beach.  She was divorced and had a small daughter. Over the last few months they had helped each other out.

Mike sighed to himself, he was currently regrouping from his last relationship.  He was trying to figure out what he was looking for.  “I can ask Elizabeth out,” he told the guys from his relaxed position in the chair.  Elizabeth had been a somewhat steady of his and he relied on her at such times if he needed a date.

“Tomorrow night then,” Davy announced.

After sometime Mike finally moved to announce that everyone needed to make it to their own beds.  “Come on, to bed, all of you.” 

With moans and groans the guys got up from the comfortable spots and headed towards their rooms.  Davy and Peter made it to their door, Peter closing it once he made it into the room.  Mike checked the lock on the front door and met Micky at the bottom of the tornado stairs.

Micky brought his hand up to his neck rubbing it.  “Man, does my neck hurt,” he complained.

“Get changed and I’ll see what I can do for you,” Mike told him, “but leave your shirt off.”

Micky started up the stairs before Mike.  Mike looked at Micky from the behind and smiled to himself to such a sight.  ‘If only Micky knew.’ he thought.  Mike climbed the stairs after Micky, and made his way into their room.

Mike went to his dresser and pulled out his pajamas and changed.  He looked in the high drawer and pulled out some lotion and placed it on the bed side table to Micky’s bed.  Micky returned from the bathroom with his powder blue pajama bottoms on and his shirt in hand.  He got on the bed from the foot of it, crawling up and laying down on his stomach, waiting for some attention from Mike.

Mike looked at him with a smile, the same he had on the stairs.  It was a secret smile, since Micky was looking down into his pillow.  Mike gazed down Micky’s back and gave a little gasp.  ‘Man, if he knew I was looking at him like this I would either be teased till no end or he would be decking me into Sunday.’

Mike moved to straddle Micky’s upper legs.  Mike leaned over to grab the lotion and put some in his hand.  He warmed the it in his hands and brought them down to Micky’s shoulders and neck, working the muscles with his long fingers.

Micky gave a groan when things felt good or when they felt bad.  Mike tried to keep the task on hand, trying to work on Micky’s kinks in his neck and back.  Deep down Mike was smiling however , enjoying bringing pleasure to his friend.

Mike continued with his work down Mick’s back, easing the drummers strained muscles.  Mike did his best to hide the feelings that touching Micky was doing to him personally.  The more he felt of Micky’s skin, the more his desire for Micky grew.  ‘Stop that.’ Mike told himself.  ‘This is Micky, your best friend, for Christ sakes.’

A snore came to Mike’s ears.  He had gotten Micky so relaxed that he fell asleep.  Mike slowly moved off Micky and stood by the bed, looking down at him.  ‘If only I could really touch you Mick.’ he thought.   Mike brought up the blanket that was folded at the end of the bed    Mike slipped under the covers of his own sheets, feeling the affects of Micky’s beauty.  Mike groaned when he turned his back to Micky and faced the opposing wall, willing his libido to calm down so he could sleep.



I. Group Date.

The guys woke mid morning and made their calls for their prospective dates for the evening.  They had settled that they would go to club Cassandra for drinks and dancing.

Near seven, they each got ready for their date, dressing in their own fashionable style.

Davy picked out white chinos and a red east-Indian print tunic to compliment his dates hair and personality, Tiffany, who was a red-head with matching wit.  She was the flavor of the week who seemed to match Davy’s eccentric behavior.

Micky toned his colors to tan cords and a blue pullover.  “Gilly loves me in blue,” he remarked to Mike while dressing.

Micky had been dating Gilly for a few weeks, and he was in deep with her, in Mike’s opinion of the relationship.

Peter dressed in his two tone pants, mocassin boots and tan shirt. He didn’t have to impress Lisa for they were just friends.  Lisa liked his flare for being different and laughed at him when his choice was extremely different from the others.  He liked to make her laugh, it was his goal in their friendship.

Mike dressed in black pants and black shirt, his typical clubbing outfit. Elizabeth liked him in black and it gave him a little more confidence in a group scene.

“Are you afraid of little color on your dates?” Davy asked Mike when he made his down the stairs.

“No, why you askin’?”  Mike asked when he went to the mirror to check his hair once more.

“You always wear black.” Micky followed up to Davy’s question.

“Guess it’s just my personality.” Mike told them, trying to end the questioning.

The doorbell rang, to Mike’s relief.  Davy walked over to the door and opened the peep door then closed it.  He opened the door to reveal their four dates.  “Hello luvs.” he declared.  Tiffany had offered to pick up the girls to let the boys get ready.

Micky gave a happy howl when he saw Gilly and pulled her to the side to give her a hello kiss.  Davy did the same with Tiffany.  Lisa, feeling self conscious, was led by Peter away to the veranda to talk.  Mike gave Elizabeth a quick kiss on the cheek.

After a few minutes, Mike picked up the keys to the Monkee Mobile and gave a whistle for all to get ready to leave.  Everyone piled into the car and settled in for the ride to the club.


~~~~~~~~~~

The club was blaring with recorded music of the latest dance crazy.  Micky and Gilly went straight for the dance floor.  Davy and Tiffany went to find a dark corner for a few minutes alone.  Mike and Peter took their dates to a large table that had been reserved.  Mike had called ahead, for getting a table for a party of eight was not easy.

Lisa sat next to Peter, holding his hand, watching the people dance.  She looked to Peter and Mike.  “Looks like Micky is totally taken with Gilly.”

“She’s all he talks about,” Peter replied.

“I’m not a good judge of people, heavens knows that, but something isn’t right with her,” Elizabeth told them.

“Why you say that?” Mike asked.

“She keeps looking over at you,” she explained.  “I noticed that in the Pad.  When they were necking in the corner, she peeked at you.”

Mike looked at them and saw her staring at him then went back into the slow dance that she was having with Micky.

‘This is not good,’ Mike thought to himself.

The tempo changed and Micky and Gilly finally made their way to the table.  Mike had already made an order for two pitchers of beer, so mugs were set up for them.

Micky put his arm around Gilly’s shoulders and whispered in her ear, causing her to flush red.  “Micky not now,” she chided him.

Peter took his turn on the dance floor with Lisa.  He held her close, moving with ease to the slow dance.  Lisa usually felt uneasy around the girls the Monkees dated for she was not as trim.  But the guys were friends and over the last few months their friendship came in handy.

Micky watched Peter and Lisa dance but looked when Gilly made a comment.  “So where did you find her?” she gave a negative flutter.

Micky looked to Gilly and gave her a look as did Mike.  “She’s a good friend of ours,” Mike told her. Micky confirmed that with a nod of agreement.

She gave an “oh” taking a sip of her beer.

Davy came up to the table to sit for a moment.  “Where’s Tiffany?” Elizabeth asked.

“She went to the ladies room.”

“Already?” Micky asked in disbelief.

“She had to put her lipstick back on,” he winked.

They all laughed and shook their heads in regards to the kissing Casanova.  “How long?” Micky asked, knowing Davy liked to time his long kisses.

Davy looked at his watch and announced, “five minutes and twenty seconds.  Would have been longer if Moose hadn’t bumped into us.” Moose was the clubs bouncer who made the rounds around the club. 

Lisa returned, laughing with Peter in regards to their own  joke.  She looked at Davy and dug out a handkerchief from her purse and handed it to him.  He looked at her oddly.  Peter told him, “Something red smeared on your cheek.” he told him.  Davy got the picture and worked on getting some of the lipstick off his face, turning red that no one else told him. 

“Thanks Lisa,” he smiled.

“Always the Mom,” she smiled back.

Tiffany came to the table looking intact from her make out session with Davy.

Gilly moved to take Micky back out onto the dance floor.  They danced to the strobe affect music.

Mike watched from his seat, Micky moving his jerky movement to the beat of the music.  Mike couldn’t understand why he admired his friend.  It wasn’t that he was gay or anything.  He had experimented with same sex partners but wasn’t totally into that scene.  But Micky held something he wish he could find in a girl and right then it wasn’t happening.

Over the next two hours they took turns dancing and drinking.  At some point Mike and Gilly were alone at the table.  Mike thought on how that happened.  Davy had asked Micky to go see the DJ about something, Elizabeth and Tiffany had gone off to the ladies room once more and Peter and Lisa were dancing once more.

Gilly gave an open expression to Mike.  Mike tried to down play it.  Gilly moved seats to sit next to Mike.  “So Mike, Elizabeth seems to be a little out of your league.” she commented.

“And what league am I in?” he answered.

“Someone who would let you set the pace of things.” she purred.

“Don’t you have a steady Gilly?” trying to point out to her that she was dating Micky.

“What can I say, I want to be on the winning team.”

“And Micky isn’t on the winning team?”

“He’s on a winning streak, but I don’t think he’ll make it to the play-offs.” she smiled.

“Why not?”

“No concentration on the game, while you, you see the whole game.”

Peter and Lisa returned to the table.  Gilly turned her face back to the mask that she wore for Micky.  Mike shook his head and replayed in his memory in what had just happened.  He didn’t like it one bit.  Gilly was playing Micky for a fool.  Under Mike’s placid facade his anger simmered to a near boil in regards to the girl that Micky currently called his girlfriend.

Davy returned to the table escorting Tiffany and Elizabeth to the table. Mike put on his best poker face and commented to Davy,  “One girl isn’t enough for you so you had to steal mine too?” Mike asked, thinking of the double meaning to his words.

“Just borrowing mate, just borrowing.” Davy quipped.

“Where’s Micky?” Lisa asked.

“He saw Danny on the floor.  Went to pester him about getting his party booked for the band.”


~~~~~~~


An hour later they called it a night from the club and headed back to the Pad.

Peter walked Lisa to Mrs. Purdy’s to pick up her daughter and head to her apartment.  Davy scurried off with Tiffany to the beach for some late night necking.  Micky took dibs on the couch in the living room. Mike turned to take Elizabeth home in the car.

Pulling into her driveway, Elizabeth turned to Mike. “You’ve been quiet for part of the evening.  What happened?”

Mike sighed and turned to Elizabeth. “Gilly made a pass at me.”

“Poor Micky,” she said.

“I’ve been thinking.  Replaying it.  Do I tell him or do I let him get hurt in the end?”

“That is a tough call.”  Elizabeth put her hand on his.  “You’ll come up with the best answer Mike, you always do.”

Mike nodded.  He got out of the car and helped Elizabeth out of the car and walked her to her door.  “Good luck Tex.” she gave him a kiss on the cheek.

“I’ll need it, I think.” he replied.  He made sure she safely got in and returned to the car.  He sat there thinking for a few minutes, pondering what he should do.  He never had a girl come between him and Micky before and he didn’t want Micky to get hurt.   He started up the car and headed home.


II. Truth and Consequences

Mike returned home.  Gilly was gone for Micky was on the bandstand playing riffs on his snare drum to the music he was dreaming up.

“Hey Mike.” Micky called with a smile on his face.

Mike nodded and walked over to the bandstand to sit in a chair by the drum kit.  He picked up his twelve string and settled it on his lap.  “Gilly gone?” Mike asked to make sure she was out of the Pad so he could speak what was on his mind.

“Yeah, she left about ten minutes ago. She has an early day tomorrow, something about a sick aunt or something.”  Micky tapped out another beat onto his skins.

Mike strummed his guitar to a melody and jammed a few minutes with Micky.  Mike liked it when Micky let go on the drums.  He could do some odd combinations and make it sound like it should go there.  Mike smiled at the thought, letting his mind ease for a few minutes before he talked to Micky.

When they were done with their song, Micky looked to Mike.  “Something wrong?  You are way to somber, even for you.”

Mike gave him an inner smile, ‘at least he can tell when you have something heavy on your mind.’  Not many people could read Mike, Micky was one of the few that could read through some of the many shields that he had around him.

With a sigh, Mike looked at Micky in the eyes and told him,  “Something happened tonight.”

“Like what?” Micky returned the look to Mike, giving him his silent support in whatever he had to say.

Mike had been debating on his way home in regards to telling Micky and decided he had to be told.  “It’s about Gilly,” Mike started.

Micky’s expression changed to curious.  “What about Gilly?”

“Somehow we wound up alone at the table tonight.  In no uncertain words she told me she would drop you for me if I would take her.”

“Right,” Micky down played what he had just heard.  “You are telling me that Gilly made a pass at you.  Right man.  She always says that you are way too serious.”

“She did Mick.”  Mike told him in a serious tone that stressed his words to Micky.

Micky’s attitude changed from funny man to serious.   He deliberated over what Mike had told him.  Mike could only hope that he would grasp the truth of those words.    After a minute Micky looked to Mike, “You’re jealous.” Micky concluded.  He gave Mike a stern look.  “You haven’t had a steady for how long now?  Three months.  You want Gilly for yourself.”

“Now Mick...” Mike started to defend himself, ”I have no reason to be jealous.  I’m not looking and if I was, it wouldn’t be her.”

Micky stood up and glared at Mike, “She’s not good enough for you?”  Taking the last remark as another barb at his relationship with Gilly.

“More like she’s not my type Mick.” Miked told him.

Micky dropped his sticks with a thud onto the snare and walked around the kit.  Mike stood up.  Micky stopped within a foot of Mike.  Mike could see the anger dancing in Micky’s eyes.  “Michael, I think we just hit our wall.” he declared.

Mike understood that comment.  There was a fine line between roommates when you lived together.  Micky called it the wall.  And this classified as a major skirmish between the two.

Micky turned away and stormed off to the stairs and up to their room, slamming the door behind him when he got through it’s threshold.

Mike watched Micky make his way across the living room and up the tornado stairs, then wincing when the door was thrown closed.  Mike brought his sight back to the living room and saw Peter standing by the front door, standing still.

Peter had walked in when Mike started his discussion with Micky.  He was going to go back out the door but he heard Micky’s tone change.  He stood still while Micky went from happy go lucky to serious angered man.

“Hey there.” Mike said, cutting into Peter’s statue appearance.

Peter relaxed, realizing that Mike wasn’t angry.  However, gingerly he walked over to Mike and sat down on the piano bench.  Mike sat back down on his chair and strummed absentmindedly on the strings.

“So Gilly made a pass at you.”

“You heard.” Mike said it as a statement then nodded.

“Elizabeth was right then.”

“Dead on.” Mike answered sadly.

“Micky didn’t believe you.”

“Not one iota.” Mike answered, starting to get a little angry at himself but he took a breath to let it out.  He couldn’t change things as they were at the moment.  “Guess it’s the couch for me tonight.”

“Surely he wouldn’t kick you out...”

“No, but he’s pretty pissed at me so I’m going to lay low for a few days.

“That might be advisable then if he is totally ticked.”

“He’s ticked alright.”  ‘I hadn’t seen that much fire in his eyes in a long time,’ thought Mike.  “So how was Lisa?”

“She enjoyed herself.” Peter told Mike, then went on with , “She has a great personality, wish someone would see that in her.” Peter sighed.

“Hey shotgun, you see it in her.”

Peter gave a shy smile.  “Yeah, but she doesn’t see me as boyfriend material.  I’m her best friend.”

“She brings something out in you too I noticed.  You get yourself together for her, that speaks something.”

“She takes care of so many things, I figure I should take care of myself around her and take care of her.  Which reminds me.  Can you babysit Cassie tomorrow.  I was going to ask Micky but..”

“I’ll watch her.  What’s up?”

“Lisa has some errands to run and needs my help about something.  So I was wondering if we left Cassie here.”

“You would get done sooner.  I get the picture.” he smiled.  Mike put his guitar in its stand and stood up.  “You got a few extra blankets and a pillow I can borrow?”

Peter nodded and stood too.  “I’ll get them.” he announced and went to his own bedroom that he shared with Davy.  He returned with a sheet and two blankets and a pillow.  He laid them on the couch.  Peter gave a yawn and announced that he was going to bed.

“‘Night Peter.” Mike called.

“Good night Mike.  I hope things work out between you and Micky.”

“Time will tell buddy.”

Peter went back to his room, closing the door behind him.

“Time will tell.” Mike said into the empty room.


III. Don’t kill the messenger.

Mike tried to get comfortable on the couch but it wasn’t working.  He tossed and turned, never finding a spot that suited him.  “Darn it, this isn’t working.” he mumbled under his breath, looking up once more to the door to the bedroom he shared with Micky.  “I need my bed.”

Mike stood up trying to unkink his back with no luck.  Mike went up the stairs and slowly opened the door.  Micky was snoring away, oblivious to the world around him.  Mike looked to his friend.  Mixed emotions assaulted his mind.  He wished he could convince him that Gilly was no good for him.  He wished too that he could tell Micky that he had deeper feelings but that would never escape his lips.

Mike turned to pull out his pajamas from the dresser and dressed quietly. He crawled in under the covers and fell asleep to disturbing dreams.

~~~~~~~

**Bang** the drawer of the dresser was shoved with vengeance back into its casing.

Mike awoke with a start with the loud bang.  He looked across the room to see Micky giving him a look.  ‘This is not over.’ Mike thought to himself.

“Morning Michael.” Micky said to sweetly.

Mike dropped his head back onto his pillow.  ‘Oh he is in rare form.’ Mike thought.  “Morning Micky.”

“Finally decided to come to bed.” Micky stated with a bit of fire in his voice.

“The couch had it out for me.”  Mike sat up.

“Good for the couch.” Micky told him.

Mike noticed that Micky was showered and dressed.  He turned to look at the clock which read 10:00.  Lisa usually came by at 10:30.  Mike got up.  “Lisa is coming by with Cassie in a little while, can you cover for me if I don’t get down in time?”

Micky gave a shoulder shrug.

“Micky, will you do it for Cassie and Lisa?  Lisa needs Peter’s help with something so he asked if I would watch her.  I’m running late.”

“Sure.” Micky said with little conviction.  “I’ll do it for Cassie.” he told him and left their bedroom. 

Mike looked at the door.  “We hit the wall.” Mike agreed out loud.

~~~~~~

Mike came out of the bedroom at 10:45.  He looked down to see Cassie playing with Micky.  She was giggling playing tag, running around the living room.

She saw Mike and giggle out “Uncle Mike, help me.” She made her way to him.

“Hey Cassie baby.”  He picked her up and gave her a hug.

“Lisa said they’ll be back at three.  Cassie should nap after one.” Micky told him.

Mike nodded.  Micky picked up the keys to the Monkee Mobile off the coffee table.

“Where you off too?” Mike asked.

“Gilly called.  She wants to meet for lunch.”

“I thought she was seeing a sick aunt?”

“Guess she’s done.” Micky answered.

Cassie squirmed in Mike’s arms.  “Down” she pouted.  He put her down and went to Micky.

“Micky, about last night...” Mike started.

“Save it Mike.” Micky growled out.   Cassie caught the negative vibes and clutched at Micky’s leg.   Micky looked down at her, “What’s wrong Cassie?”

“You fight.  No fight.” she told him.

Mike and Micky looked at each other.  They had forgotten that she had seen some of the arguments between Lisa and her ex husband.  Cassie was very scared when that happened.

Mike hunched down and asked Cassie to come over.  He took her in his arms.  “Sorry Cassie.  Micky and I have a problem.”

“No fight.” she looked at him.

“No fight.” He looked to Micky.

Micky walked over and touched Cassie’s cheek then kissed it.  “No fight Cassie.”

“Okay.  I love you.” she smiled at them both.

Micky laughed.  He pulled back and headed towards the door.  “Bye sweetheart.  Be good.”  And left to have lunch with Gilly.

~~~~~~~
Mike played with and fed Cassie.  He laid her down to sleep at two in Peter’s bed, letting her play with Teddy.   Much as Peter would not admit it to them, he did like Lisa and Cassie very much.

Mike returned to the living room and started picking up.  He wanted to keep busy so not to dwell on his problem with Micky.

‘Did I do the right thing?  Telling him?’ Mike asked himself once more.  He knew deep down he did.  If things came worse at the end, Micky would know why.

Mike could only hope to avoid Gilly if he wanted her to be the one to screw up with Micky.  That wouldn’t be easy but he would do his best to not be stuck alone with her again.

Davy came in whistling in a good mood, sorting through mail.  He looked around and asked “Where’s Princess?” Davy’s pet name for Cassie.

“Asleep in Peter’s bed.”

Davy gave an “Ah” and sat down heavily on the couch.  Me noticed Mike picking up the place.  “You’re cleaning?” Mike nodded.  “Then Peter was right.” Davy told him.

“Right about what?”

“You and Micky had a row.  You only clean when you want to be busy.”

“Hard to keep anything a secret around here.” Mike dead panned.

“You tried Mate.  Now we just have to wait for the fall.” Davy sorted through the mail and pulled out a brochure.  “I totally forgot, the camping trip is this weekend.”

Mike forgot too.  They had invited their friends to go camping for the weekend to get away.  Micky was taking Gilly.  Mike thought that was the worst thing to happen.

Davy looked through the brochure.  “Tiffany can’t wait to get away for the weekend.”

Mike had asked Jen, another old girlfriend that he had stayed in touch with.  Peter had asked Lisa to come. 

“Great, a camping trip with the black widow.” Mike groaned.

“Peter and I will do our best to keep you separated.” Davy laughed.

“I’ll be counting on that.”

~~~~~~

Mike sat on the bandstand with his twelve string in his lap, working on a song.  Micky entered the Pad with Gilly on his arm.  Mike looked up to see if he could retreat out of the Pad but Micky cut him off.  “Mike, give Gilly some company while I run upstairs to change.”

Mike gave him a guarded look and Micky returned one of his own.  ‘What are you up too?” Mike thought as he watched Micky make his up to their room.

Micky closed the door behind him then opened in a crack to look at the two below in the living room.  He wanted to see if anything was happening between Mike and Gilly.  Leaving them alone for a few minutes might prove something out to him.

After seeing the door shut, Mike resettled his look onto Gilly.

She gave him a smile and walked over to where he sat.  “Hello Mike.  Did you think about my question last night?” She said in a quiet voice.

Mike shook his head.  “Gilly will you please forget it.  You are not my type.  I don’t like you.” in the same hush manner.  He didn’t want his voice to rise to high to get Micky suspicious.

Gilly looked at him with hurt in her eyes.  “You don’t like me?  But while was on the dance floor you looked at me...”

Mike groaned to himself, his admiration of Micky got caught in the crossfire.  He couldn’t admit that to her.  “Sorry babe.”  Mike stood up, placing his guitar in it’s stand.  “But you seem to be mistaken.”

Gilly gave him a stare.  “That wasn’t nice to make those kind of looks to me.”

“Maybe they weren’t at you, they were for someone else Gilly.”

Micky watched them for a moment longer, talking, but not loud enough for him to hear.  He had to change his clothes and get back down stairs.  He moved away from the door and changed into another outfit to take Gilly out to a family outting.

Gilly moved to stand before Mike.  “That was not very nice.” she tried to sound menacing.

“What you did wasn’t nice either.  You already let it be known that you are just playing with Micky.  He really digs you.  And it’s going to be me and the guys who will be there to pick up the pieces when you finally decide to move on.  But it won’t be with me.”

Gilly heard the door open and decided to make a move before Mike could counter.  She was standing very close to him and moved to trip into his arms, making it look a bit chummy for them in front of Micky. 

Micky caught the catch bit and looked to Mike.  “Yes Mike?” Micky gave out like a growl, questioning Mike’s motives in this little fall of Gilly’s.

Mike helped steady Gilly though he would have her fall on her ass but being a gentleman and Micky in the room he helped her stand.  “Nothing Micky.  The lady fell.”

“Into your arms.” he pointed out.

“Not by my choosing.” Mike told him. Mike walked a few steps to get some distance between him and Gilly.

Gilly turned to look at Micky and gave him a passionate look.  “Mike wanted to discuss something.  I tripped and he caught me.”

“What did you want to discuss with her Mike?”

Mike shook his head, the truth would be that he wasn’t discussing anything with her, but Micky would believe her over him.  It wasn’t worth the argument to go any deeper but he couldn’t do anything to keep it from getting deeper.

“She was doing the talking Micky.  I have nothing to say.”  Mike put down his guitar and moved past Micky.

“Where are you going?” Micky asked.

“Away from you two.  The less I’m in the same room, the less trouble I will get myself in.  So if you will excuse me, I’m taking a walk.”  Mike went out the back door and down the stairs to the beach, trying his best to keep his temper in check.

Micky watched Mike leave.  It thought it was strange that Mike was not standing and fighting.  Usually when there was an argument to be won, Mike was the first to be in your face about it.  Micky looked to Gilly and was puzzled for a moment.  What was happening between them.

Gilly came up to Micky and took his arm.  “We better get going, they don’t like people to be totally late.”

Micky nodded and headed to the front door, forgetting at the moment his fight with Mike.

IV. A camping we will go, a camping we will go.

Mike followed the Monkee Mobile on the way to their camp site.  They had loaded Mike’s pick up with the supplies and equipment while Micky drove the others in the GTO.  It worked out to Mike’s advantage not to have to be in the same car as Gilly or Micky.  They still hadn’t talked to each other other than practice.

Gilly dated Micky every night for the week, stopping by to annoy Mike when Micky wasn’t looking.  Mike was getting tired of dodging her whenever she showed up.

Mike followed the GTO onto a dirt road that made it’s way back to the lake.  They had found the spot a year ago.  They went camping about every two months to get away.

The sun was starting to set when they pulled into the clearing that was on the shore of the lake.  Mike organized everyone so they could make camp before the last of the light left.  Lisa and Tiffany were in put in charge of finding wood to make a fire while Gilly and Jen looked for rocks to help make a pit.  The guys were used to the tents so they were in charge of getting them up.

Within an hour they had four tents up, eight sleeping bags laid out and a roaring fire in the pit.  The girls had made sandwiches because they were leaving so late in the evening to get there.  They sat around the fire, eating and talking.  Mike pulled out his guitar and started playing different songs that come to mind.  He started playing Love me Tender, Lisa started to sing along while she handed out marshmallows, chocolate and graham crackers.  Slowly everyone joined in singing.

They played and sang for a few hours then turned in. Micky had set up his tent away from the others to spend some time with Gilly.  Mike, Jen, Peter and Lisa went to their tents while Davy and Tiffany spent some cuddle time in front of the fire.

Saturday morning was spent with Mike cooking up sausage and eggs.  Micky and Peter went to the shore and tried to fish. They caught “two small fish that had to be tossed back to grow.” Micky explained when they came up to eat breakfast. 

“Maybe I should give it a try.” Davy told them.

“That might work, you kiss like a fish, maybe you can woo them to the hooks.” Micky joked.

“We’ll see about that.” Davy challenged.

“We’ll see about that after we canoe out to Little Island.” Peter told them.  Jen helped him bring it off the pickup and settle it on the shore of the lake.  “Who wants to go?”

Micky, Jen, Davy and Tiffany all made their way towards the boat.

Peter looked to Lisa.  “I don’t think so.” she told him.  “Can’t swim.”

Peter knew it would be hard to convince her with everyone around.  He gave her a hug and whispered in her ear, “Next time we’ll try.”

“You wish.” she whispered back.

“Don’t hang around the camp, take a walk.” he told her.

“I will, plus I need to keep an eye on Gilly.  She’s going either, says she has a headache.”

“Mike is going to head for the point.  He likes to think up on the rock while we are here.”  Peter handed her a radio.  “It’s a walkie talkie.  If you need us call on that.  I’ll keep it on.”

“You are smart when you want to be.”

“I want to be when I’m around you.” he smiled.

“Come on Peter, we are ready to go.”

“Coming.” Peter grabbed his back pack and headed to the canoe to shove off.

Lisa looked to see that Mike was leaving the clearing on the far end.  Gilly was sitting near the fire.  Lisa went to start picking up the camp site and washing the dishes that were left.   She gathered them up ain a bucket to head to the shore.  She saw that Mike had gotten the fish board out and the knife in case the boys caught some fish.  She saw the knife and thought to herself what a wicked knife that was.  She went on to wash dishes.

Lisa returned to the camp and found Gilly gone. Lisa could only hope she had gone on her own walk.  She put things away around the camp and sat down on the log, picking up the guitar.  Peter had been giving her lessons.  She played a bit then grew bored.  Lisa decided to go fish some herself, grabbing a pole and some bait.  She noticed then that the knife was gone. 

Something told Lisa that she shouldn’t under estimate that.  She had bad feelings in regards to Gilly, especially when things concerning Mike. 

Lisa looked around for the walkie talkie and called to Peter.

“Peter?” shed called.

A few seconds later, “Lisa.”

“Can you get back over here.  I think something is wrong.”

“What’s wrong?”
“Are you with the others?”

“Davy is with me.  Micky is showing the girls something.”

“Gilly is gone and so is that fish knife Mike pulled out when he thought you would have a catch.  I knew it was here before I went to clean the dishes.  The only one here was Gilly.  I don’t trust her.”

“We’ll be there as soon as we can.” Peter told her.

Lisa didn’t venture far from the camp, waiting for their return.

She saw them stroking quickly.  They came to the shore.  Micky looked at her.  “Where is Gilly?”

“I don’t know.  She left while I washing the dishes.  You need to find Mike.” she asked them.

“He’s probably at the point.” Peter told them.  “Davy, stay here with the girls.  Micky, come on, let’s see if we can find Mike and Gilly.”

Lisa stopped Peter for a moment.  “Be careful.” she kissed his cheek.

Peter smiled at her, giving her reassurance.  “Keep the walkie talkie close.  We’ll let you know when we find them.”  They headed across the clearing and into the woods. 

Davy came up next to her.  “Keep good thoughts.” he told her.

“I wish I could.”

~~~~~~
Mike sat down at the rock that sat twenty feet up.  He loved sitting there, looking out over the lake and the woods.  He brought a journal to just write things that came to mind.  That was why he liked the trips, he got a chance to be truly alone with himself.

He had been there awhile when he heard someone coming up that path, someone who didn’t climb that well.  He looked back to see Gilly make her way up the path.

Mike didn’t know if he should be annoyed with her persistence or just mad that she couldn’t take no for an answer.

She got to the level slab and stopped a few feet away from Mike.  She looked out to see the view that Mike was admiring.

“This is where you snuck off too.” Gilly told Mike.

Mike looked down at his boot then back to her, “It’s my inspiration.” he told her.  “What brings you up here?”

“You” Gilly smiled back at him.  “You have been avoiding me all week.”

“More like avoiding Micky, but since you two are always together...”

“Ah Mike...when will you give in to me?”

“You?  Look Gilly, I don’t like you.  Can’t you take the truth?”

Gilly moved her hand to reveal the fish knife.  Mike saw it and knew how sharp it was.  “Gilly?”

She smiled at him and raised the knife.   Mike moved a step back.  He was close to the edge of the slab.  He knew behind him was a twenty foot drop onto more rock.

“Sorry Mike, but I have done everything to make you like me.”

“So you want to kill me for not returning your advances?”

Gilly took a step forward.

Peter and Micky were coming up the path and saw Gilly and Mike on the slab.  They could see Mike nearing the edge and Gilly was walking towards him slowly.  They did see the knife glint in the sun.  They scurried up the trail.

Mike kept one eye to Gilly and the other to the room that he had left behind him, which wasn’t much more than a foot.

“Mike, why didn’t you like me?”

“You were dating Micky.  We don’t make moves or let the other’s girl make moves on one another.  It’s not fair.” Miked defended himself.

Mike stopped moving, he had no where left to go.

Micky and Peter were climbing up the side of the rock when Gilly moved closer to Mike, who lost his footing.  He fell back and over the rocks, screaming as he went over.  Micky and Peter saw Mike fall when they got to the slab.  “Michael,” Peter screamed as he went to the edge of the slab while Micky went to Gilly to take the knife away.

“What did you do?” Micky yelled at Gilly.  He had no idea that Gilly could have so much hatred for someone to cause them death.

“I loved him.” She cried to Micky, “He wouldn’t have anything to do with me...I had to....”

Micky looked at the knife he had taken away from her, she was willing to use it to hurt Mike.  Gilly sunk to her knees.  “I wanted to be with him, but he kept telling me that I wasn’t his type.”

Micky looked over to Peter. 

Peter could see Mike ten feet below on a ledge.  His leg looked oddly out from his body.  Peter watched Mike intently, seeing that he was breathing. 

“Peter?  Is Mike?”

“He’s alive.  I can see him breathing, but his leg looks odd, like it’s broken.”

Micky relaxed a moment to the news that Mike was alive but Gilly was the one who hurt him.  He looked down at her with a pathetic snear.

Peter pulled back to sit on his knees, pulling his back pack open.  He pulled out the walkie talkie, formulating in his mind what he needs to use to help Mike.  Peter turned on his walkie talkie.  “Lisa?”

“Peter.  What’s going on?”

“We found Gilly but Mike’s hurt.  He fell over the edge of the rock.  I need you and the others to gather some stuff and get up here.”

Davy heard that announcement and took the radio from Lisa.  “What happened?”

“Gilly forced Mike to the edge and he slipped.  He’s alive but I think he broke his leg.  I need you to breakdown a tent and bring the canvas and poles.  Along with a sleeping bag and the first aid kit.  Get the girls to clear out the back of the truck.  We’ll take him out on that.”

Lisa, Jen and Tiffany were already breaking down a tent when Peter started to give his list.

“And bring some rope.” Peter added to his list.

“Gotcha Mate.”

Peter looked back to Micky.  “Think you can get her out of here?” Peter didn’t want her anywhere near Mike when they got him back up and he was doing his best to keep his anger in check to deal with Mike.

Micky nodded knowing that she would be in the way on the slab once the others came with the supplies.

Peter peered over the side.  “Mike?” he called down.

Mike felt pain all over his body.  He tried to open his eyes, taking a bit of effort, wondering what he would find.  He remembered falling over the ledge. 

“Mike?” *Peter* Mike heard Peter’s voice He opened his eyes finally to see Peter leaning over the edge.  “Don’t move, help is on the way Mike.”

Peter looked around.  He had a rope in his pack.  He took it out and tied it to a sturdy tree that grew beside the slab base.  He threw it over the side and saw that it cleared by Mike easily.  He went over the side and made his way down to his fallen friend.

Mike opened his eyes to see Peter come down to the ledge.  Peter tried to give a smile, but was failing miserably.  “Hey shotgun.” Mike said quietly.

Peter hunched down to check Mike, hearing Mike wince when he felt pain shoot through him.  Peter kept touching him, looking for more damage.  Mike had a large bump on his head, some bruised or broken ribs and his leg did seem to be broken.

“How bad?” Mike asked.

“Broken leg, a concussion and either bruised or broken ribs.”

Mike looked up then to Peter.  “Any ideas to get me out of here?”

“I got one, the gang should be coming up soon with supplies.”


*****

Micky took Gilly back to the camp.  Davy, Jen and Tiffany were gearing up to head to the point.  Micky sat Gilly down on a log.  He hadn’t spoken to Gilly on the way back to camp.

Davy looked to Gilly and Micky saw the fire in his eyes.  He took a step in front of Gilly and Micky stopped him.  “She’s not worth it man.”

“She hurt Michael.” he told him, “And you didn’t believe him.”  Davy was furious, his best friend was hurt because of actions of another.  He glared at Micky.

Lisa came up behind them.  “Davy! Tiffany and Jen are ready to go.  They need you to help them get the gear up there.  You know where the point is.”  She took his cuff and pulled him away.

Davy continued to glare at Micky and Gilly but left with Lisa to help the girls.  He picked up the pole to help carry the items.  He could see Peter’s thoughts in needing the tent poles and canvas, to carry Mike out or make a splint.

Micky looked to the ground and then to Gilly.  Davy was right, he and Gilly both hurt Mike.  Lisa came up next to him and took his hand.  “Don’t let Davy get to you.  He’s scared.  We all are.”

“If I had listened to him last week about her, this wouldn’t have happened.”

“Don’t play what if.” Lisa scolded him.  “Be there when he gets out.  Peter said that he is conscious and that it looks like all he has seriously is a broken leg.”

“But I didn’t believe him.” Micky looked to Lisa with tearful eyes.

“She played a nasty game Micky. Don’t let her win it completely.  I know Mike won’t let her win.”

Lisa looked to see Gilly sitting quietly, not moving.   She looked back to Micky.  “Help me pack up the camp.  I want the car packed before they get back.”  Micky nodded and started at the closest tent, rolling the sleeping bags up.

~~~~~

An hour later Jen and Tiffany came back to camp.  “Peter and Davy are coming up behind us.  They got Mike out.”

“How is he?” Micky asked.

“He’s yelling at them to take it easy on the trail.  He’ll be okay in no time.” Jen told him.  “His temper is about normal.”

Micky groaned.  Lisa went to him.  “Remember his bark is always worse than his bite.  He’ll calm down.”

Micky took Lisa in his arms and hugged her.  “I hope so.”  Lisa held him too, knowing he felt bad about everything.

“Come on.  We need to get ready to leave when they get here.” Lisa prodded everyone to check to make sure they picked everything up.

Peter and Davy carried Mike in their makeshift canvas gurney.  They brought him to the truck and lifted him in.

Peter gathered everyone around. “Lisa, you sit with Mike.  Jen, you come with me to the hospital.  Micky you take Davy and Tiffany to take Gilly to the police.”  Micky looked back to Gilly who was still sitting on the log and back. 

“Me?” he squeaked.

“You saw what she did and you know the story as well as Mike.  You have to Micky.  She tried to kill Mike.”

Micky nodded. He knew they were right. Micky went over to Gilly and had her stand.  She hadn’t said anything since the point.  Micky lead her to the car and placed her in the second seat.  Tiffany sat across from her while Davy sat in the front passenger seat.    They followed Peter out of the woods and on to the main road.  The hospital would come up first.  Peter pulled in and waved at the Micky as he passed to go to the police.


V. The thinking game.


Mike lay on the gurney in the emergency room going on to the fifth hour of being there.  So far he had been prodded, poked and questioned to death if they were holding one or more fingers up.  The pain in his leg had become a dull throb till they started setting it for the cast then it came to him in waves.  He kept trying to think how he got into this mess in the first place.

Gilly.  The crazy bitch decided that if he didn’t take her advances she would kill him with a knife.  And Micky.  Micky stood by her side, not believing that she was trying to two-time him.

But he couldn’t fault Micky.  He would have probably done the same.  If his girl was trying to make eyes to Micky he would want to hope that it was true love with the girl.

Mike closed his eyes for a moment, wishing his headache was all from the bump on his head but he knew it was more than that. 

The next few weeks were going to be awful.  He was in a cast and he wanted to rebuild his friendship with Micky.  He could only hope that Micky would not go into himself like he usually did after something happened terrible to him, like being dumped.  This was worse than being dump.

Mike wanted to be there for him, but he was part of the problem.

~~~~

Micky sat at a table in a small room waiting for the detective to come in to interview him about Gilly.

Micky put his elbows on the table and rested his head in his hands.  How did he get here?  Why hadn’t he listened to Mike when he told him about Gilly?

Pride, stupid pride. He was really into Gilly, yet Gilly was playing him.  Or more so played him the fool in the relationship when Mike knew the truth.

Micky thought back in seeing Gilly approaching Mike with the knife in the air.  How could someone feel so intense to take someone else’s life. 

He didn’t know Gilly.  If she was capable of that, he didn’t know her at all.  

So where did that leave him with Mike.  He missed Mike, their friendship.  It had been a rough week, between being angry at him, he didn’t hang out with Mike like they usually did.  Mike kept him grounded.

Micky wanted Mike close to him.  He realized that.  But how could he do that.  Surely Mike hated him for bringing Gilly into their lives.

Well he would have to come up with a plan to show how much Mike meant to him.

The door opened and Micky looked up to see the detective they had first talked to come in with a recorder.  Another round of questions.

Micky hoped that they would soon be out of the station.  He wanted to see how Mike was for himself.


*****

Mike was moved to a semi private room in the hospital.  He was being kept overnight for observation.  Peter, Jen and Lisa came in once he was settled in.  Lisa brought a bouquet of floors for Mike’s roommate, who was an elderly man. 

The man smiled at her, offering thanks.

Peter sat gingerly on the side of the bed looking at his friend. 

“Any news from the others?” Mike asked.

“Micky is giving a statement to the police. Davy hopes that they will be here soon.”

Mike nodded slightly to that.  He looked from Lisa then to Peter.  “Thanks for your quick thinking.”

Lisa touched his arm.  “I wish I hadn’t turned to let her get away.”

“But you noticed.  That is what counts.  And Peter.  Nice job getting me out of there.”

Peter smiled his dimple smile.  “Something to say about the boy scouts.”

They heard the ruckus in the hall.  They could hear Micky down the hall asking here Mike’s room was.

A minute later, Micky entered followed by Davy and Tiffany.  They made their way to Mike’s side of the room.

“Well, she will be in for evaluation till they give her a bail hearing.” Davy announced to the others.

“When will that be?” Mike asked.

“They’ll keep her under observation fr 72 hours and then do a hearing.” Micky answered quietly, never quite looking into Mike’s eyes.

“Detective Roberts will be by in the morning to talk to you.  Doctors told him to hold off to let you rest.” Davy continued.

“Which I think we all need to let Mike do.” Lisa told the group.  “Who wants to hang out first with the patient?”

“I will.” Davy volunteered.

Lisa moved to kiss Mike on the cheek.  “See you later.” she whispered.

Jen and Tiffany said their goodbyes.

Micky looked like he wanted to say something to Mike, but choose to keep silent.  “Later.” he mumbled to them and headed out the door following the girls.

Peter stood looked back at Mike.  “Get some rest.  I’ll watch over him.” he swung his head towards the door.  “I’ll try to keep him from going to far in.”

“Good luck.” Mike told him.


VI. Home sweet home.


Three days after getting home, Peter took Mike for a follow up in regards to his head and ribs.  Mike was not a good patient even on a good day.  He was sleeping on Peter’s bed since his room was on the second floor and the hopping aggravated his ribs.  He was sore about the pain he was in but more so about how things were between him and Micky.

Micky had done exactly what he predicted.  He was avoiding everyone.  He was condemning himself for bringing Gilly into their lives and hurting Mike.

The doctor gave a satisfied cluck that everything was going well.  The bump had gone done to show little presence on Mike’s head.  The ribs were sore but looking fit.

Peter drove Mike home.  They came in while Davy was coming in the back door.  “What did the doctor say?”

Mike using his crutches went to the couch and dropped heavily onto it.  “I’m alive.” Mike said with half laugh.

“The doctor was happy to see the goose egg had gone down.” Peter told Davy.  “But his ribs are going to be sore for awhile longer.”

“At least they are sore ribs.  Broken ribs would have been far worse.”

Mike nodded, realizing that he had been very lucky.  Better than having a knife shoved.... He tried not to think about it.  He had nightmares in the hospital of what could have been.  Mike looked around and also heard, Micky wasn’t around.  “Where’s Mick?”

“Sitting on the beach.” Davy answered.

Mike shook his head.  He had enough of Micky playing the martyr for his own sanity.  He wanted Micky back in their lives.  Back in his life.  He actually missed hearing the curly hair’s snore at night.

Mike stood up with aid of his one crutch and started for the back door.  “Well I had enough of him being such a nut case.”  He went out the back door and hopped down the stairs with a grunt.

~~~

Micky sat on the beach, watching the waves.  Davy had watched him from a distance most of the morning, making sure he didn’t do anything stupid.  He drew in to himself and that scared everyone.  Such extremes for him.  Soon he would get the next ailment to his depression, the all exploding migraine.  It was the course of nature for him.

Mike came up beside him and looked down at him.  “Mind if I join you?” he asked.

Micky looked up at him then shrugged.

Mike dropped his crutches and tried to sit with some dignity but that wasn’t much.

They sat there for a few minutes not saying anything.

“What are you thinking?” Mike asked quietly.

“What a mess I made.”

“It’s not your fault.” Mike told him.

“Right.  I’m the one who dated Gilly.  I’m the one who didn’t believe you.  It’s my fault you got hurt.”

Mike didn’t say anything at first.  It was good that he was getting Micky to voice his feelings.

Mike sat, looking out to the ocean and waves.  “I don’t hate you Micky.” he said softly.  “I miss you.  It was Gilly, not you, that did this to me.”

“But...” Micky cried out.

“But what.  We all human.  You dug her deep Micky, and I would have acted the same way if the roles were reversed.”

Micky nodded, then thought for a moment.  He looked over to Mike.  “You forgive me?”

“I forgave you when I was in the emergency room.”

Micky scooted closer to Mike and Mike put his arm around Micky’s shoulder.  Their first contact in over a week.  It felt good to touch him once more.

Mike heard Micky groan.

“What’s wrong Mick?”

“Migraine starting up.  You know how it goes.”

“I know.  Come on, time to get in anyway.  It’s about time we slept in the same room again.”  Mike usually sat with Micky when his migraine came on. Micky had no idea what he was going through with his own suffering.

Micky got up and held his hand out to Mike to help him up.  Mike was glad that standing was easier than getting down.

They made their way back to the house and up the stairs.

Peter and Davy were glad to see that Mike and Micky were together. 

“Davy?  Can you get Micky’s medicine, his migraine is coming on.”

Davy nodded and headed upstairs to Mike’s and Micky’s room.  He came back with a bottle and stopped off in the kitchen for a glass of water.

“Think Micky is going to drop in your bed for the night Davy.  Think you would mind going upstairs.”

“Not at all.” Mike was the only one to handle Micky when he was sick like this and Mike couldn’t go upstairs easily.

“I’ll go find a sheet for the window.” Peter offered knowing that Micky needed it.

An hour later Micky was laying on Davy’s bed trying not to feel his brain caving in on him.  Mike sat next to him, letting him know that the pain would go away.

Micky settled into an uneasy sleep.  Mike moved to get some sleep himself.   He laid down on Peter’s bed and tried to relax.  He kept thinking of Micky though.  Once he touched Micky and held him close, the old thoughts came back to him.  How he would like to do more with the drummer.

‘Maybe’ he thought.   With that thought, he closed his eyes and let his mind carry him to his fantasies that he knew that would not come true.



VII. Pain killer dreams

Mike was standing at the verandah looking down to the beach and water. Micky was trying to ride the waves.  Try was the optimal word.  He got onto the board and usually fell off. 
Mike watched with amusement from the deck.

Micky finally gave up and came back onto the beach and settled his board in to the sand and took his towel to drive off.  First his hair then his chest and arms then lower.  Mike watched with fascination how tight the trunks looked after Micky brushed his towel lower.

Mike looked behind him, into the pad to see where Davy and Peter were.  Still no sign of them.  They had left sometime ago to run errands in the Monkee Mobile.  He figured they would be making the rounds, thrift stores and other places for they had a few dollars in their pockets.
Mike returned his gaze to Micky.  Micky picked up his board and was heading towards th house.
Mike remained standing while Micky came up the steps.

“Good try there buddy.” Mike told Micky while he placed his board at the end of the verandah with the other boards.

“Right, total wipe out more like it.”

“You tried.”

Micky gave a half smile.  “So what are you up to doing today?”

“Nothing much.  Was just watching you try to surf.”

Micky turned to look at Mike.  “I noticed lately.  You have been watching me.  A lot.” Micky emphasized.

Mike turned from Micky’s gaze.  “What do you mean by that.”

“I’ve caught you watching me at odd moments.  Want to tell me why the interest?”

“Just keeping an eye on you.  You know...things have been rough lately and I just want to make sure you are okay.”

Micky came over to Mike.  “I’m fine Mike.  You told me everything would be okay.  And it is.”
“But Gilly shook you up and the trial.”

“Is over.  You forgave me and that is what matters.” Micky smiled.

Mike sighed, that smile.

Micky stepped closer and kissed Mike a gentle quick kiss on the lips.

Mike blinked once, twice and looked at Micky.  “What was that?”

“A kiss.”

“I know it was a kiss.  Why did you do it?”

“Didn’t you want a kiss?”

Mike looked at the curly haired man before him.  Honestly he wanted more from Micky.  Mike nodded to him.

Micky brought his lips once more to Mike’s and kissed him a little hard and longer.  Mike brought his arms around Micky and held him close.  The soft lips to his hard line.  Mike opened his mouth to see if Micky would take the cue from him.

Micky too opened his mouth to explore what Mike was offering.

They stood there for a few minutes, kissing, holding each other tight against them.

Mike pulled back to surface for air.

‘Micky kissed me’ he thought.  He looked to those almond eyes.  “Babe, I got a confession.”

“Mike.  Don’t bring it down.  Let’s just enjoy our time.” he said seductively.  Micky stepped back and took Mike’s hand.  He pulled him behind him into the pad and up the stairs to their room. 

‘Their room.’ Mike thought.

Micky brought him into their room and closed the door behind them.  He returned to Mike and brought him in to his arms to hold for a moment.

“How long?” Mike asked.

“I’ve known?  Some time now.  But since the return from the hospital it’s been more on the surface.” Micky answered.

Micky stepped back and started to work on Mike’s shirt buttons, opening the shirt and pulling it off Mike’s lean form.  Then the pants, button down jeans.  One...two..three...four buttons undone quickly.  Mike hadn’t but on any shoes so Micky pulled down the jeans and underwear in one swoop.

Mike stood before him with a hard cock swaying before him.  Micky looked from the rigid rod and up to Mike.  “Impressive.” Micky commented.

Mike took action next, unbuttoning the one button and pulling down the zipper to his trunks.  His hand came in contact with Micky’s own rigidness.  Mike let the shorts fall to the floor.  Mike put his hand onto Micky’s cock and gave it a squeeze.

Micky’s eyes closed for a moment then opened after the wave of pleasure.

“Your call.” Micky told Mike.

Mike took Micky into his arms and gave him a kiss.  He plundered Micky’s mouth, tasting and teasing the man that he had desired for so long.

Micky wrapped his arms around Mike and held on.  Mike moved them to fall onto his bed.  Micky below him, on his back.  Mike pulled from the kiss and started kissing down Micky’s body, teasing, nipping.  But Mike wanted Micky’s mouth on his cock.  He wanted to drawn in his best asset other than his ass, but safest.  Mike returned up to Micky and whispered in his ear.  “Suck me.”

Micky smiled.  Little did Mike know, that he liked to do that.  They rolled and Micky started kissing down Mike’s lean form, teasing him with kisses to zones that he didn’t know existed.
Mike moaned with each new electrical feeling.  Micky settled between his legs and brought his lips to Mike’s cock.

Mike closed his eyes losing himself to the feeling of Micky’s hot, wet mouth around his hard cock.  Micky licked and sucked trying to bringing pleasure to Mike with every move.
Mike felt the start of his release rising within him.  He groaned out Micky’s name with the feeling coming to him.  Micky took him deeper and over the edge, drinking up the cum.

~~~~~~~
Mike opened his eyes and saw that he was in Peter’s bed. Mike looked down to see his shorts wet from his dream.  ‘A wet dream,’ he thought to himself.  He looked over to Micky who seemed to be sleeping.  Mike laid his head back and thought back.  “Damn dream’ Mike cursed.    “If only it was real.” he said out loud.  He moved to get up, which was getting easier with practice.  He found his robe and put it on.  He then pulled out a fresh pair of shorts and underwear to change into after going to the bathroom.

Mike left the room to clean up.

Micky opened his eyes and smiled to himself.  He had heard Mike moan and groan and watched his hand rub his crotch.  He could only think about what Mike was dreaming.  “Sure was good.” he thought.  And he didn’t forget the fact that Mike had groaned out a name, his name.  “So you have a secret.” Micky smiled once more.  “Oh Mike, do I have a surprise for you.”


VIII.  Micky’s Surprise


a.  The set up


Micky was on bed rest for two days.  He still had the migraine, but diminishing over time.  But that gave him time to plan.  He now knew the Mike liked him.  Micky had caused him so much pain in the last two weeks that he would do anything to make him.

It was a Friday night.  Micky asked Davy and Peter what they were doing.  “Got a date with Tiffany.” Davy said with a smile.

“Tiffany has lasted three weeks, can’t call her the flavor of the week.” Micky told Davy.

“Not this time around.  She is a groovy girl.”

“Any chance I can convince not to come home till morning?” Micky asked.

Davy looked to Micky, “I think it can be arranged but for whatever for?”

Micky knew that Davy swung in either direction and that he wouldn’t be taken aback by his plan.  They were friends and rarely could a secret be kept between them.  But Micky would tell him the bare necessity of it would be that he wanted an night alone with Mike.

Micky found Peter on the verandah playing an acoustic guitar, working on a song.  “Plans tonight?”

“Haven’t thought about it.” Peter answered.

“Any chance you can find something and stay out the full night?”

Peter looked at Micky with a quizzical look.  “Kicking us out Micky?”

“Not kicking you out, just asking if Mike and  I can have a peaceful night.”

Peter knew that there was some underlying tensions still between the two of them.  Maybe Micky was going to bring it to a close.  “I’ll see if Lisa will put me up for the night.  Maybe take her and Cassie out to the boardwalk.”

“Thanks Peter.”

B.  The prelude

Davy and Peter left at their appointed times.  Mike was sitting on the couch, leg up on a pillow reading a car and mechanics magazine that Micky had picked up for him.

Micky fixed them some dinner and left Mike be for awhile.  Micky had gone up to their room and took a shower.  He dressed in a t-shirt and jeans.  He toweled his hair a little but left it to dry naturally.

He came down to see what Mike was doing.  Micky couldn’t help but chuckle.  Mike had fallen asleep on the couch. “Oh Mike, you always make things difficult.”

Micky went over to the couch and gently removed the magazine from Mike’s hands. He sat down on the edge of the cushion looking down at Mike.  He leaned forward and lightly kissed Mike’s lips.

Mike made a small sound.   Micky brought his hand to Mike’s chest and started lightly moving it around.   Micky had always admired Mike’s lean physique.  Mike moved a little under the movement of his hand.   Micky once more leaned over to kiss Mike.  Man he was hard to wake up.

This time Mike did open his eyes to see Micky sitting on the edge of the couch, touching him.

“Micky?” he asked in a quiet voice.

“Yes?”

“What are you doing?”

“Trying to wake you up.”

Mike looked down to see Micky still teasing his chest.   Micky’s hand went to the hem of his shirt and went under the shirt to do the same to his skin.  Mike gave a little shiver to the feelings that Micky was evoking.

“Ah Micky, a simple shake of the shoulder would have woken me.”

“I know Mike.” Micky told him.

Mike asked himself, I know Mike what?  Know that a simple shake of the shoulder would have woken me or that he wanted this from him.

Mike licked his suddenly dry lips and asked “Know what?”

Micky once more leaned forward to kiss Mike.  Thinking how thick headed he was.  Mike opened his mouth in astonishment and Micky took advantage of the moment.  Micky pulled back to see the astonishment in Mike’s eyes.  Finally Micky answered Mike’s question, “You like me.”

Mike blinked then asked, “How did you know?”

“I woke up to your moans the other night and heard your dream.”

Mike closed his eyes and cursed at himself.

“Mike, it’s okay.” Micky told him.  He touched the side of his face. “I can dig it.  It’s nothing to be ashamed of.”

“I’m a guy.” Mike complained out loud.

“Look at me Nesmith.” Micky asked Mike.  Once his eyes were open, Micky continued.  “I’m not saying society is right in what they tell us about relationships.  It’s okay to like me.  I like you.” Micky said quietly.  “I watched you undress to reveal your lean chest, and long legs.  And you do have an impressive package underneath.”  He leaned over again to kiss Mike.  He moved over to whisper in Mike’s ear, “Don’t let logic win Nesmith.  Do what your heart wants.”

Mike closed his eyes for a second then opened them.  He brought his hands up to hold Micky close to him.  One hand to his back and one to his curly wet hair.  Mike sighed, he also wanted to bring his fingers through that curly mess.  He turned his head to have a another kiss.

Micky enjoyed the moment when Mike finally brought down the wall and let himself enjoy it.  Then tension returned to Mike.

Micky kissed to his ear, “What’s wrong babe?”

“I’m scared this is a dream.” he said sadly.

“Must have been having intense dreams to make you think that.”

“The pain killers give some real vivid dreams.”

“I can give you a hickey to make it believable.” he kissed teasingly at his neck.

Mike laughed at that answer.  He shook his head.  He wouldn’t have come up with that answer.  It had to be a real.  “No Micky, I don’t think I need a hickey.”

Micky pulled away to sit up.  He took off his t-shirt and let it fall to the floor.  He helped Mike take his off.

Micky moved to lie on top of Mike on the couch.  Micky relished the feel of Mike’s skin against his.  They let their hands and kisses roam, having a deep make out session on the couch.

After sometime Mike started rocking agin Micky’s groins.  Rubbing their confined cocks against each other, causing them to pant and groan with further need.

C. It’s for real

Micky wanted to please Mike desperately.  He brought his hands to the shorts button and unbuttoned it and pulled down the zipper.  He sat back on his legs and started to pull the shorts down. Micky stood up and pulled the shorts off Mike, leaving him naked save for the cast on his leg.   Mike’s cock as like Mike’s body, tall and thin.  Micky smacked his lips with delight.

Micky brought his lips to kiss the tip.  Then fran his tongue around.  Mike moaned to the teasing.   Micky opened his mouth and brought it down over the length.   Mike groaned.  Micky played with him, teasing him with different tempos, causing Mike to be frustrated.  Micky brought his hand into play with his balls and then lower, teasing his asshole.

Mike had his eyes closed, taking int the feeling that Micky was actually loving him. Mike could feel the tension build when Micky started fondling his balls.  Mike started moving his hips.  Then he felt Micky’s fingers wonder from his balls and to his ass hole.  Micky rubbed him while Mike moved his hips.

Mike gasped when Micky entered one finger up his ass.  Micky kept his mouth on Mike’s dick giving him a steady tempo to the feeling of his finger sliding beneath.

Mike grabbed the cushions side and came with much force.  It shook him to the core.  Never had he had so much pleasure given to him.

Micky brought Mike to his peak and sucked Mike to completion.    He drank in Mike’s essence, enjoying it’s salty taste.  Micky pulled back to look up at Mike.

Mike’s eye were closed, mouth open, panting.  Micky moved to lie on his side holding Mike, kissing his shoulder and cheek.

Mike calmed down.  He opened his eyes. 

“You okay?” Micky asked.

“More than okay.” he sighed with sleep.

“Let’s get you bed.” Micky suggested to Mike.

“I wish we had more time.”

Micky stood up and looked down at Mike.  “Didn’t I tell you?  We got till morning.  The guys are staying out tonight.”

Mike slowly moved his legs off the couch and stood with Micky’s help. “You planned this all out didn’t you?”

“There is more to come babe.” Micky smiled.

Mike should have known that once Micky had a plan, it was all the way through.  Mike put his arm around Micky’s shoulder.  “I need to tell you something Micky.”

“What’s that?”  He started to walk with Mike beside him.

“I love you.”

Micky looked at him with his big smile.  With everything, Mike loved him.  Micky stopped and looked into Mike’s eyes.  He saw the truth was coming through. “I love you too babe, and plan on showing you some more.”

Mike gave a moan.  If what Micky had already shown him, he was in for a night.  They headed off to the first floor bedroom.

 

 

@ 2005 Tommy Boy fan fiction * design and content by Paula C. *