Text Box: Tommyboy's Fan Fiction
the Beatles

 

                 

Growing Awareness

 

He had enough.  He grabbed his suit coat and headed out the door.

Ringo looked at the door than back to Paul and John then took off after George.

George had gotten onto the elevator.  Ringo took off down the stairs, hoping he would beat it to the ground floor.

George exited with a group of people.  He saw Ringo and slightly blushed but continued on.

"Wait up." Ringo murmured, falling him beside George.  "Where you off to?"

"Out."

"Mind if I tag along?" he asked.

George just shrugged.

They headed out and down the street.

London was different form Liverpool.  They had only been to a few pubs and nightclubs since arriving to work on their record. 

Ringo steered him to a club he knew from being in London with past bands. 

The club was dark, and the music was loud.  George could barely make out the people dancing in the back of the room. 

Ringo steered him to another wall and sat him down.

"Don’t let them get to ya mate."

"John and his stinking attitude," George mumbled.

A waitress came by and Ringo order them two ales.  "Well, that's his best defense.  He's stressing."

"But why does he have to do that to Paul.  He doesn't deserve it."

"Maybe there is something more there."

"Like what?"

"Think about it."

George took his drink and pondered what Ringo was hinting to.  "You don't mean?"

Ringo shrugged.  He lit a cigarette.  "Let's say when we get back, they should be sleeping like babies."

George thought for a moment.  "But he's married."

"So?"

"He's got a kid."

"Sometimes you need something different.  Don't let it get to you.  It happens.  It's finding something that you can't find with the opposite sex."

"You've done it?"  Ringo nodded. "And?"

 "What?"

 "Did you find what you needed?"

 "Yes."

 George pondered a moment then sat back.  "How long do we stay out of the flat?"

 "Give them an hour or two.  Then we can head back."

 

@ 2005 Tommy Boy fan fiction * design and content by Paula C. *