Text Box: Tommyboy's Fan Fiction
the Beatles

 

                 

Interlude

Sitting in Paul's playroom, John sat at the piano. 

"Yes I'm gonna be a star/ Baby you can drive my car  / And baby I love you "

 "You love me?" Paul asked in a serious tone from the lounge chair.

  "Of course Paulie I love you."

   John turns to look at him.  "With everything else changing around us, there is one thing I know for a fact."

   "And that is?"

   "You and I are still together.  Girls come and go, but partnerships like ours will never die."

   "You say that now."

Paul sighed.  It had been a rough week for him.  One of the reasons for inviting John over, he needed him.

  John moved around and looked at his friend.  "I didn't come over here to have you feel miserable.  I thought we were going to write a song."

  Paul shrugged. 

  "Where's Molly?  Thought she would be here."

  Paul looked away.  He didn't want to hear I told you so, but here he was depending on John again.

  "What Paulie?  Where's Molly?"

  "Gone."

  John got up and stood before Paul.  He tilted Paul's face up to look into his chocolate brown eyes.  The color they took when he was deeply hurt.

  "Aw, Paul."  He took him into his arms and held him close.

  John knew better to lecture.  His young friend took so much to heart.  He was looking for the one for him, while the others had all gotten themselves married.

  "It wasn't right.  She wanted things her way and I, well, I have my own ideals."

   John pulled him up and put his arms around him.  "You'll find another bird." John whispered in his ear.

   Paul nodded and relaxed into John's arms.  This is what he needed,  John, a John fix.

   "John?"

   "Yes Paulie?"

   "Think we can go upstairs?"

   "And?" John chuckled.

   "Come on John, don't make me beg."

   "But you look so good when you do it."  John knew he shouldn't tease his friend, but he only could be serious for him for so long.

   "John, not now."

   John heard the twinge in his voice.  Something had seriously been messed with in the last few weeks.  John took his hand and led him out of the playroom and led him upstairs.

 

 

 

@ 2005 Tommy Boy fan fiction * design and content by Paula C. *