Archive for: ‘October 2016’

First Line Meme

10/19/2016 Posted by walterh

Rules: List the first lines of your last 20 stories. See if there are any patterns. Then tag 10 of your favorite authors!

If your sentence comes from something published on Tumblr, AO3, Fanfiction.net, etc., link to it! Never pass up an opportunity to shamelessly promote yourself share.

Tagged by @Popkin16

  1. Zach is so nervous as he stands outside the front door, that he thrust his hands into his pockets.
  2. Rodney yawned as he stepped off of the ‘jumper and back onto the deck of Atlantis.
  3. They had spent two weeks in the 1959 timeline before John realized the significance of not only where he was, but when he was.
  4. After the plane crashed and things finally settled down, Owen found himself hanging around Danny more and more.
  5. John dismounts and ties Eula to the porch rail, checking the water level in the trough with a glance.
  6. Some had said that the cruel fate of those PDS sufferers, cured now and reentering society, was that they no longer slept.
  7. Martha hears the trudge of fatigued footfalls going up the staircase as she sits down to finish her breakfast.
  8. In all her time working with Steve and Danny, there hadn’t been a word about them dating.
  9. Senator Lauren Platt stands next to Timothy’s chair, hand firmly planted on his shoulder and talking to him in a slow, calm voice when Donald walks in. “Senator,” Donald says.
  10. From the moment Captain Jack Harkness had stepped onto Atlantis, the TARDIS (which Jack had said he’d borrowed, though he never said if The Doctor knew one way or the other) stood out on the east pier, and Jack seemed to come and go as he pleased.
  11. Evan Christopher Lorne!
  12. Barry absently runs his hand over the cold sheets, where Oliver’s warm body was supposed to be.
  13. Claudia thought her birthday celebration couldn’t get any better.
  14. Rodney looked at John like he’d suddenly sprouted a second head, and maybe another arm.
  15. Rodney was having a perfectly nice dream that involved Sam Carter and John Sheppard doing unspeakable – but fun – things to his body when there was something that ripped him out of REM sleep and into the present.
  16. After the message for Sumner’s relatives was recorded and the stream of data sent through the Stargate back to SGC, John’s nerves were on edge.
  17. Evan Lorne was the consummate professional in the kitchen; when it came to chefs, he was in the top of his field.
  18. There’s a gentle knock at the door, though Rodney’s awake in an instant.
  19. Todd enters the jewelry shop, his hand shaking lightly and the feeling of butterflies in his stomach.
  20. Barry thought was quite certain about his feelings for Leonard Snart.

There’s like 7 or 8 fandoms mixed in there… Dang!  But this also shows that I need to write more…  And now I nominate – ANYONE!  I’m bad at this kind of stuff, so if you want to do this, please consider yourself nominated!

Crosspost Testing

10/19/2016 Posted by walterh

Testing this to see if it will work.

Here, have a kitty!