Posts Tagged: ‘30 days’

30 Days of Weird Al Meme – Day 9

07/18/2011 Posted by walterh

Day 9 question is: “What’s Al’s worst polka”.

Ugh. Seriously. It’s like asking a parent which child they hate the most. It’s just not something you can answer easily. I mean all of Al’s polkas are awesome.  But since I have to choose one, it’s… Polkas on 45.  Why?  Only reason – it’s probably the oldest, so most irrelevant of all the polkas.

 

30 Days of Weird Al Meme – Day 8

07/18/2011 Posted by walterh

Day 8 is: “What video of Al’s do you just not like?”. And I have to come up with “Bob”. I’m sorry – I don’t really like Dylan’s style of music. This one I think I’ve watched maybe once all the way through?

30 Days of Weird Al Meme – Day 7

07/16/2011 Posted by walterh

For day 7, the question is: What is your favorite polka that Al has done? He’s done at least one per album since, well, forever. And they’re all pretty good. But his latest one, features Lady Gaga, Justin Bieber, and others, is just freaking fantastic! My favorite polka of his of all time!

30 Days of Weird Al Meme – Day 6

07/15/2011 Posted by walterh

This one wasn’t too hard, actually… The question is “What video did Al make that I consider a ‘miss’?” I’d have to say “Party in the CIA”, the parody of “Party in the USA”. It’s just… I mean cute and all, but it’s really too dark for Al. I consider it a miss.

30 Days of Weird Al Meme – Day 5 (late!)

07/15/2011 Posted by walterh

Yes, this one is late…

The question is: “What is your favorite Weird Al original song?”, to which I had to think long and hard. The answer? I finally chose “Generic Blues”. This one was tough!

30 Days of Weird Al Meme – Day 4

07/13/2011 Posted by walterh

For Day 4, the question I came up with is: What is your favorite Weird Al parody – non Michael Jackson.  This was a tough one.  There’re so many good ones.  But you know what?  This song is timeless.  I still love it!

 

30 Days of Weird Al Meme – Day 3

07/12/2011 Posted by walterh

Day 3 is “What is your favorite Michael Jackson parody that Weird Al has done?”.  Early on, Weird Al did a bunch of stuff – and a lot of Michael Jackson parodies.  This has to be my favorite one – “Fat”, a parody of “Bad”.  “Bad” was an awful song – “Fat” was awesome!

 

30 Days of Weird Al Meme – Day 2

07/11/2011 Posted by walterh

For day 2, the item is “Favorite Song (NOT a video)”. I think that “Good Old Days” from his album “Even Worse” has to qualify for that. It’s just awesome… I mean, how many other singers can talk about pulling the wings off of a fly in a song?!?!

 

30 Days of Weird Al Meme – Day 1

07/10/2011 Posted by walterh

This is for day 1 – “Favorite Weird Al Video of All Time”. I had to think long and hard – and I came up with… DARE TO BE STUPID! I just love this video. It’s the epitome of Al.