THE Q MENACE: Part 21

by:  Kathryn Burns
Feedback to:  kathryn@efcnexus.com

Copyright © 1999



DISCLAIMER: Star Wars and all publicly recognisable characters, names and references, etc are the sole property of George Lucas, Lucasfilm Ltd, Lucasarts Inc and 20th Century Fox.  Star Trek Voyager and associated characters, names and references belong to Paramount and Gene Roddenberry.  This fan fiction was created solely for entertainment and no money was made from it.  Also, no copyright or trademark infringement was intended.  Any similarity to real persons, living or dead, is coincidental and not intended by the author.  Any other characters, the storyline and the actual story are the property of the author.


N.B. Thoughts are in // and Italics.


"Then maybe there's something I can do." The doctor looked confused.

Qui-Gon walked over next to Kathryn and placed his hand on her forehead. Once inside her mind he could "see" the problem. When the Borg ship had exploded it had ripped through her mind, tearing it to pieces.

//I let her down. I told her I would protect her and I couldn't.//

He began to heal what he could. He knew he could fix the brain damage but the other damage no one could fix. Her mind was such a mess - as if a hurricane had gone through it.

The Doctor was more than a little confused - these Jedi had amazing healing skills. Just then the Captain entered sickbay.

"Doctor, how's it . . ." her voice trailed off when she noticed Qui-Gon and Kathryn.

Before she could ask, the doctor said "Don't ask me what's going on. She had some irreversible brain damage, when I told him he said he could not accept it and then, this. He apparently has some mental healing powers or some such. All I have to say it thank God he didn't react like a Klingon - if he had I'd have no sickbay."

Janeway raised her eyebrows, "Let me know if there's any change."

For the rest of the day and most of the night, Qui-Gon stayed by his daughter's side. At 0300 Janeway came to check on them again. She met the doctor at the entrance to sickbay.

"He's still in there with her Captain, I . . ." At that moment Qui-Gon came to the doorway. He leaned against the wall and closed his eyes to regain his balance. Then walked heavily up to the doctor and captain.

"She'll be okay now."

The doctor looked concerned.

"Are you okay?" asked Janeway.

"I'm just tired, I just need rest."

"You may have skills I don't but it's no wonder you're tired with the hours you keep. Now go to your quarters and get some rest before I have you sedated and confined." threatened the doctor.

Qui-Gon just nodded and said, "That won't be necessary - I'm going to my quarters now."

When Qui-Gon arrived at his quarters he found Obi-Wan asleep in a chair. He cleared his throat and Obi-Wan jumped.

"Master, I came here to wait for news of Kathryn. I didn't expect you to be there quite so long. How is she?"

"She's okay."

"Can I see her?"

"Obi-Wan, I'm really tired and I need my rest as does she and you. I'm also not really up to discussing this at this time."

"But Master, I . . ."

"She will be okay and that should be quite enough for you."

"Master . . ."

"I'm not discussing this now, need I say it again?"

"No Master." Obi-Wan said sheepishly, glancing down at his boots.


Back
Back to Stories Page


|| The Place of Our Legacy || Stargate Main || Star Wars Main || Site Updates ||
|| Links || Link to me || Webrings || Submissions || About this site || Awards ||
|| Chat || Sign Guestbook || View Guestbook || Message Board ||
|| The Stargate SG-1 Fanfiction Ring || The Phantom Menace Fanfiction Ring ||