THE TEST: Part 2

by:  Avlon
Feedback to:  avlon_@hotmail.com



DISCLAIMER: Star Wars and all publicly recognisable characters, names and references, etc are the sole property of George Lucas, Lucasfilm Ltd, Lucasarts Inc and 20th Century Fox.  This fan fiction was created solely for entertainment and no money was made from it.  Also, no copyright or trademark infringement was intended.  Any similarity to real persons, living or dead, is coincidental and not intended by the author.  Any other characters, the storyline and the actual story are the property of the author.


Qui Gon felt rather pleased with Avlon's progress under his guidance she had made herself a name in being one of the best swordsman in her age group. He was wasn't Worried about her combat skills but he was slightly concerned about her Academic performances. As brilliant and intelligent as she just did not have the discipline to sit down and study. Hmmmm she had that galactic history test coming didn't she.. he would talk to her about this later. Speaking of which where was she, he wondered , she usually isn't this late!

That question was cleared up when a stressed and miserable Avlon entered the room.

"Master, I'm sorry to have kept you waiting " she whispered "I- I don't feel up for saber practice." Letting out a sniffle she wiped her eyes hastily. She

"Avi, what's wrong" asked Qui Gon feeling her forehead anxiously. "Are you ill ?"

"I met Master Cain ."she said her voice breaking. " He informed me that he was quite sure that I would F-fail his test tomorrow." she sobbed

Master Cain was and old disgruntled history professor hired by the temple to teach galactic history because many Jedi were reluctant to teach the much hated subject. He was called Master just so that he would not feel alienated from the other teaching staff who were Jedi . Apparently Qui Gon had had a dispute with Cain and Cain who had not been taught the way of the Jedi did not just forgive and forget , instead, he took it out on every one of Qui Gon's padawans. Making sure that they suffered .

"Avi I'm sorry" he said encircling the sobbing Padawan in his arms.

She allowed her pride to slip and was now reduced to tears, crying in big heaving sobs."Oh gods help me " she whispered.

He felt guilty that she had to suffer because of him but he was determined to help Avlon prove Cain wrong.

"Don't worry about him, Avi, I've got it all figured out" he soothed.


"Here take these and study everything on it and I will guarantee that you will do great." he instructed

"Really? " asked Avlon eyeing the neatly stapled bunch of papers.

"Trust me Avi" he said looking her into the eye.

"You know I do." she grinned giving him a big hug " Thanks Master."

"Always glad to help Padawan. Always." He said returning the hug.

She headed to her room ...

Flipping through the pages she was impressed with the tidy writing and the meticulously summarized notes all condensed onto 3 sheets of papers. She was amazed that 9 chapters could be compacted into just 3 pages . Avlon wondered who did these flipping to the last page she found a name written at the bottom of the page it read ObiWan Kenobi. Well, Obiwan Kenobi , I have to thank you if I do well, she thought.


" Avi Avlon, wake up!" said Qui Gon shaking his Padawan gently.

" Awww Master!!! Its only 8am" protested Avlon. " Lemme sleep somemore" she whined The test it's not till noon!"

"No no. You must get up now to have a good breakfast and time to make yourself fully alert. How are you going to win the battle with drowsy troops?" insisted Qui Gon pulling away the quilt which Avlon clung on to , still unwilling to let go.

Finally she decided that her Master was too strong for her and willed herself to get up.

"Alright you win she grumbled." tumbling out of bed she headed fro the washroom.

Minutes later she was greeted with the smell of fresh scrambled eggs and toast and fresh berry juice. He motioned for her to sit down and served her a large serving of the food.

Avlon dug into it eagerly she loved her masters cooking. Unfortunately the same could not be said about her cooking ...it wasn't that bad right she thought. Oh yes it was... so bad that Qui Gon had banned her from ever coming near the stove. Oh well.

After breakfast Qui Gon took the liberty to quizz Avlon . She knew her stuff well. Excellent . He was certain Master Cain would be put to shame . He grinned as he relished the thought of Cain being eaten by his own words.


Back
Back to Stories Page


|| The Place of Our Legacy || Stargate Main || Star Wars Main || Site Updates ||
|| Links || Link to me || Webrings || Submissions || About this site || Awards ||
|| Chat || Sign Guestbook || View Guestbook || Message Board ||
|| The Stargate SG-1 Fanfiction Ring || The Phantom Menace Fanfiction Ring ||