"Hey-ya, Nat! How's it going?"

"Hi, Schank. Oh, just another busy night at 'Natalie's Bed and Breakfast'. Where's Nick?"

"Well, uh, he, uh, he took the rest of the night off. I was just coming by to see if you had any more information for us on the victims."

"Harold Nice showed evidence of sexual activity just before his death. Everything else you already know." She turned to look at Schanke. He was hiding something. She could feel it. "Did Nick go home sick? Maybe I should go check up on him."

"No, that's not necessary. He's fine. Really."

"Okay, spit it out. Something's up." She advanced on him until they stood toe-to-toe.

"It's nothing, really." Schanke backed up a step, trying to reestablish his personal space. He glanced at his watch. "Oh, look at the time! I've really got to be going. Talk to you later!"

Natalie grabbed his arm as he tried to make his escape. "Not so fast, Mister. Something's up with Nick, and as his doctor, I think I have a right to know."

"He's going undercover. . . ."

"Where?"

"At the Leitmotif." He tried to scurry away.

"The strip club?" Her eyes widened.

"Don't tell him I told you," Schanke begged. "He'll kill me."

"Your secret's safe with me." She patted him on the shoulder and let him go. "A strip club," she mused once she was alone. "Undercover . . . UNcovered? This I've GOT to see!" A wicked smile curved her lips. This was going to be good. . . .

It was Friday night. The Leitmotif was packed to the rafters. Alone in his dressing room, Nick downed two bottles of blood and started on a third. If he was going to have to strip in such a sexually charged atmosphere, he needed to be fortified. He'd chosen to dance as a vampire so the appearance of his golden eyes and fangs would be assumed to be a part of his costume. There was no way he was going to be able to prostitute himself in this manner without vamping out. A sheen of bloodsweat dampened his brow.

Discarding the empty bottles, he eyed the black silk G-string lying in a pathetically tiny heap on the table. He undressed and put it on, wondering if the minuscule scrap would even contain him once he became aroused. He quickly donned the rest of his costume--a tux with breakaway pants, white shirt, red cummerbund, the cliche medallion and a cape. How could so many clothes still feel like nothing?

A knock sounded at the door, and Terri stuck her head in. "Oh, you're looking good! Just about ready for your big debut?"

"As ready as I'm going to be." He drew a deep breath to calm his nerves.

The club's owner stalked across the room to where Nick stood. "Just one thing," she purred. "The customers expect to see you fully loaded." Slipping her hand inside his costume, she massaged his scrotum. He flinched, pulling back. "You'd better get used to it, because it's going to happen out there." She stroked her thumb against his penis, encouraging him to become erect. Her smile grew as she felt him swell under her touch. "Very good! You'll do fine." She gave him a final squeeze before turning to leave.

Natalie entered the club, hoping she wasn't too late. It was crowded. The tables near the stage were already full. No matter. A back table suited her better. She didn't want Nick spotting her and spoiling her plans.

Settling herself, she ordered a drink and looked around. The room was packed with women. Her attention was drawn to the stage as a petite blonde strode across the boards.

"Tonight I'm proud to introduce a new dancer to our line-up. I hope you all will give him a very warm welcome." Terri paused to let the hoots and applause quiet down. "Ladies . . . The Count!"

Music pounded as colored spots lit the stage. A figure appeared out of a cloud of dry-ice smoke. Natalie sat a little straighter, smiling to see Nick. He spun, releasing the billowing cape which fell in a twirl around his feet. Hips thrust forward, he strutted closer to the edge of the stage where eager women reached out to tug on his pant legs.

Backing away, he wrapped himself around a pole, spinning as he tossed the cummerbund into the screaming audience. The shirt and pants soon followed. Natalie's heart beat faster. Even she, his doctor and best friend, had never seen Nick so unclothed. The albescence of his skin glowed under the stage lighting, making him appear otherworldly. Golden eyes and sharp fangs completed the supernatural look.

He strutted toward the stairs and stepped down into the audience. He had barely set foot on the floor when one woman grabbed the medallion from around his neck, pinching his butt as he passed.

Nick found it was taking more of his control than he expected being down amongst the crowd. He was constantly being fondled. His erection grew until he ached. He stopped next to a table of four giggling women and climbed up on it. After dancing briefly, he bent over, kissing each one and sliding down to sit in their laps. As he rubbed himself against one of the women, she pulled at his G-string to slip in a tip. As she did, the glans of his penis escaped the confining garment, standing at attention against his belly.

Panic raced through him as he tried to think of what he could do. The fondling increased, including one brash woman who bent to suck his penis as he stopped at the table for his tips. The G-string continued to slip as more and more women pawed at his genitals. As quickly as he could, he made his way across the room and through the exit. By the time he made his escape, he was nearly fully exposed.

As Nick entered his dressing room, he could hear the roar of the crowd, applauding and screaming for an encore. "Go out and take another spin around the pole." Terri stood in the doorway, staring pointedly at his erect organ. "They loved you." She walked over and did her best to tuck him back into the skimpy silk. "Go." She patted his naked behind.

Reluctantly, he walked back out on stage. The hoots and catcalls were deafening. He twirled around the pole, giving all the women one last look, before strutting off into the safety of his dressing room.

He picked up his clothing, anxious to be covered again. "No, don't get dressed." Terri's voice rang out. Turning, Nick watched the club owner stride across the room. "You have a private show request." She smiled wickedly. "The customer asked that you not get dressed."

This is what he had hoped for and dreaded all at once. This could be their killer. "Where do I go?"

"Down the back hallway. The first door on your left. It's a rear entrance to the private lounge." She smiled. "Remember, in a private showing you do whatever the customer wants, except sex. That's our only rule. Have fun!" She watched with envy as Nick's firm buttocks disappeared down the corridor.

He opened the door slowly, cautiously taking a step inside. At first, he didn't see anyone, but he heard a familiar heartbeat. He closed the distance between himself and the sound just as the plush chair swiveled to reveal its occupant. "Nat! What are you doing here?" In his surprise and anger, Nick forgot he was nearly naked.

Natalie eyed him appreciatively, taking note that his penis really didn't fit inside the small scrap of silk.

"Nat!"

"Hmmm? Oh. Well, you didn't think I could pass up an opportunity like this, did you?" She reached out to touch him, but he backed away.

"How did you find out? Schanke told you, didn't he?"

"Don't blame poor Schank. He didn't have a chance." She stood and advanced upon him, rubbing her stomach against his erection. "I think I like this side of your personality."

He backed away again, out of her reach. Her lips turned down in a pout. "I thought I could do whatever I wanted with you in here. After all, I paid well enough for it."

"I'll give you all your money back. Nat, what were you thinking? You could blow my cover by being here!"

"I think you've already *done* that." She giggled, unable to keep her eyes off his exposed organ.

"Get serious. We're trying to catch a killer."

"I know," she said, turning thoughtful, "but we never got a chance to talk. We need to talk about us, Nick. I told you how I feel. I need to know if the feeling is mutual."

He felt his penis begin to throb. The glans turned a deep purple as he struggled for control. "You know how I feel," he gasped, his golden eyes tinged with red. "You can see how I feel."

"I need to hear the words, Nick. You need to tell me."

With unnatural swiftness, he was upon her, holding her in his arms, rubbing desperately against her. "I love you, Natalie Lambert. I love you." His passionate kiss took her breath away.

When he finally released her, he was shaking. Blood tears traced scarlet lines down his cheeks. She reached up to wipe his tears away. Grasping her hand, he kissed it gently. "I promise to make this up to you. Whatever you need. Whatever you want. But first, we need to solve this case."

"I understand. Please be careful."

"I promise."

She turned and left without looking back. At her departure, Nick felt the tension and lust drain away. By the time he reached his dressing room, his genitals fit comfortably inside the G-string. He washed up and grabbed a bottle of blood. Thank goodness he had thought to bring a case with him.

After finishing off two bottles, he finally felt he had regained his control. It was time to call it a night. The thought of going through this again tomorrow made his skin crawl, but he would have to keep up the act until their killer noticed him.

As he was leaving the club, Terri stopped him. "You were a hit tonight. Will you be back tomorrow?"

"I'm afraid so. That private show wasn't our killer." Disappointment dripped from his voice.

"You're sure?"

"Very sure."

"Good then. I'll be more than happy to have you back. You're good for business." She patted his behind. "You've got a nice butt. Have you considered quitting the police force and working for us? The pay's good and the benefits can't be beat!"

"No thanks. I don't think I could take this for very long."

"I thought I had you pegged as the quiet, loner type. Good to know I haven't lost my touch." She smiled. "You make a hell of a dancer, though, Detective Knight! I'd sure hate to lose you."

"Good-night, Ms. Black."

"Good-night, Nick. See you tomorrow." She gazed wistfully as he disappeared into the pre-dawn darkness.

When he got home, he went straight to his bedroom. He couldn't remember being this tired in a long time. He lay down, fully clothed. The last thing he wanted to do was get undressed. He'd had enough of that to last a lifetime, and then some. As he began to drift off to sleep, he saw a vision of Natalie coming toward him, naked and inviting. The familiar throb began once again in his groin. He loved her so much. . . .

"Hi, Nick! Boy, am I ever glad you came in early!" Terri hustled him back to the dressing room. "A customer came in asking if you were going to dance tonight. She paid $500 up front for a private session with you."

"Now?"

"As soon as you can get into that G-string. Forget the rest. She's a hot one."

"Can I have fifteen minutes? I really need to prepare for this."

"No problem. I'll let her know. This is so exciting!" She clapped her hands. "I've never had a dancer have two showings before his second performance. Are you sure you don't want a job here?" She chuckled at the detective's look of disgust. "I'll leave you alone."

Nick sighed heavily. Pulling an extra bottle from his stash, he downed the blood quickly, then nearly gagged as he rinsed his mouth with a strong mint mouthwash. Reluctantly, he stripped and stuffed himself into the scrap of silk.

Walking down the hallway to the lounge's back entrance, he wondered who would be waiting for him. He opened the door and stepped inside. A tall redhead greeted him. Her tight low-cut emerald dress did little to contain her ample bosom or hide the fact that she wore no underwear. Steeling himself for what was to come, he smiled invitingly.

"Hello," she drawled, stalking across the room like a cat intent on its prey. "I watched you last night. I dreamed about you." She rubbed herself against him, exposing her breasts as they escaped the tight confines of her dress.

"You won't be needing this." She grabbed a silken cord and pulled. With a snap, the G-string fell away. Cupping his genitals in her hand, she stroked him, watching his penis swell beneath her touch. "Come." She led him to the bed, pushing him down. "Let's have a little fun, shall we?"

Reaching to the nightstand, she grabbed a can of whipped cream, spraying it generously up the length of his hardening shaft. Her lips enveloped his glans, sucking the sweetness from the crevices. Her tongue explored his contours, before her mouth engulfed him completely. Nick moaned and writhed under her, his arousal becoming almost unbearable.

Spraying patterns of whipping cream up his torso, she licked her way up his chest, stopping to tease taut nipples with her teeth. "Make love to me," she whispered in a voice hoarse with lust.

"We're not allowed, Ms. . . ?"

"My name's not important. I paid enough. I'll get what I want!" She lowered herself onto his erection. With a slow, steady rhythm, she began to slide up and down.

"No!" Nick struggled to contain the vampire as the stimulation pushed him nearer to orgasm. "I can't. I won't!" Rolling to his side, he slid out from beneath her.

-- FLASHBACK -- 1873, a whorehouse in the south of France.

The prostitute hung limply in Lacroix's arms. He lifted and carried her to the bed. Sitting beside her, he stroked her breasts, rolling a taut nipple between his fingers. Nick stood with his back to his master, determined not to be enticed.

"I know that you want her, Nicholas. I can feel your need. Come, take her. Taste her." He stood and moved to where his son waited.

Turning slowly, Nick was drawn to the scent of spilled blood despite himself. A distinct swelling in his crotch betrayed him. He walked toward the bed, eyes locked on the young woman. He sat beside her, stroking her cheek with the back of his hand.

"She's yours, Nicholas. Smell her arousal--she wants you, needs you. Take her!" Lacroix stood tall, looking down on his son, demanding compliance.

Nick turned her head to one side, brushing long russet locks away from the pulsing artery. Fangs bared, he bent down, grazing them against her naked flesh. Her scent overwhelmed him and he reared back, preparing to strike. Just before his fangs pierced her skin, he stopped. "I can't, Lacroix. I won't. She doesn't deserve to die." His body shuddered at the sudden denial of his need.

Enraged by his son's refusal, Lacroix swept him off the bed and took the girl into his lap. "If you won't, I will!" he snarled, biting deeply and drinking the ruby nectar.

Nick sat on the floor where he had landed, watching his master feed while rubbing his painfully erect organ. He felt remorse for the young woman's death. He hadn't even learned her name. . . .

-- END FLASHBACK --

"What do you think you're doing?" the redhead snarled.

Nick rolled off the bed and stood facing the woman. "This is wrong. I won't allow it."

"I bought you. You're mine." She advanced on him. Reaching out, she grabbed his penis and put it in her mouth. As she suckled, she caressed his testicles, rolling them through her fingers as she kneaded his scrotum. Aching with need, he squirmed at her touch, momentarily unable to withdraw.

"No . . . Stop . . . Now." He slid out of her embrace, wincing as she bit him.

"No one denies me," she growled. "I will have you." A hypodermic appeared in her hand as if by magic. With lightning speed, she plunged the needle into his neck.

The reaction she got was not the one she expected. Golden eyes and sharp fangs greeted her as Nick's control finally slipped. He grabbed her wrists, twisting her arms behind her. "Angie Davis, you are under arrest for the murders of Harold Nice and Marcus Gann."

Startled, she stared into the vampire's eyes. "Why aren't you dead?"

"Because I'm already dead," he whispered in her ear. Catching her eyes, he synchronized with her heartbeat. "You will forget what you saw here tonight."

"Forget. . . ."

"You never saw me like this."

"Never. . . ."

"Sleep." The woman collapsed in his arms. He picked her up and carried her back to his dressing room.

By the time the police arrived to take custody, Nick was dressed and back in control. "She's all yours," he said with a measure of relief.

"Hey, Nick! Congratulations!" Schanke slapped his partner on the back. "Man, what I wouldn't have given to see the performance you must have put on to land her!"

"Be thankful you didn't." He chuckled.

"You're going to tell me all about it, right?"

"In time, Schank. In time." He gathered up his costume and gym bag. "Right now I want to go home, take a hot shower and relax. Nat's coming over later to watch videos, and I'd like to be rested."

He smiled knowingly. "Ah-hah. Making up time, is it?"

Nick smiled and brushed past him without answering. Schanke nodded his approval to his partner's retreating back.

"Nick?" Natalie looked around the seemingly empty loft. "Anybody home?"

Suddenly, the lights dimmed, revealing lit candles set around the room. Music with a low, pulsing beat issued from the stereo system. Nick, dressed as "The Count", glided down the stairs and came to stand in front of her. "I believe we have some unfinished business."

To her amazement, he started to gyrate to the music, slowly removing the garments in a sensuous dance. She stared, feeling her body harden in response. A warm rush of fluids dampened her panties. "That we do."

He ripped away the pants, revealing a red silk G-string and his prominent arousal. His alabaster skin glowed in the candlelight. Stepping nearer, he thrust his hips toward her. "Do what you wish with me." His smile invited her to touch him. Reaching out, she eased the silk past his erection, letting the garment drop to the floor. She ran her hand up and down the length of his penis, teasing the foreskin back, exposing the swollen glans. She stepped back to admire her handiwork.

Wrapping his arms around her waist, he pulled her near, grinding his crotch against her stomach. He could feel the hard nubs of her nipples press through the fabric of her blouse. He began unbuttoning it, kissing her neck and shoulder as he did. He pushed the garment off.

Kissing the cleft between her breasts, he slid her bra straps down, then unhooked the lingerie, letting it fall to the floor. Twin peaks of flesh greeted him. He captured one erect nipple in his mouth, while his hand massaged the other.

Natalie moaned with pleasure. If this was Nick's way of making up, she could only hope for more disagreements in the future. She felt his strong arms lift her. Suddenly they were airborne. Before she could react to this brief flight, she found herself lying on his bed.

Eager hands undressed her, lips kissing every inch of her exposed flesh. She squirmed under his touch, pushed to the brink of orgasm by the delights of his tongue.

"Oh, Nick," she moaned. "I need you so badly. I want you in me." Her hand caressed the length of his shaft, guiding the satin hardness into her moist core.

Her heat enveloped him. He felt a fire consume his flesh. Thrusting with increasing tempo, he tried to release the growing ache in his groin. "Natalie." His voice was a rough whisper. He suckled a hardened nipple, teasing the flesh with his tongue, grazing her with his fangs. Golden eyes met blue, and he kissed her passionately. His thrusting became more intense as he labored to release the pressure growing within him.

"Nick!" She cried out as her orgasm spilled over her.

He felt her vagina contact around him, squeezing his aching organ. Bloodsweat dampened his brow as he panted with effort. Natalie pulled his head down, offering her throat to him. Twin pricks brought a trickle of blood. Her taste exploded on his tongue, setting off fireworks behind his eyes. He bit gently, drinking deeply as he thrust within her, finally finding his release.

Feeling his penis pulse inside her, emptying cool, bloody semen at her very core, she felt as though she were floating. Even the candlelight dimmed.

Nick withdrew his fangs and watched as her head fell back against the pillow, eyes closed.

"Natalie? Nat, are you all right?" He shook her gently. "Oh, God . . . I took too much!" Blood tears welled in his eyes, trailed down his cheeks and dropped lightly against her face.

She opened her eyes and smiled. "Don't cry," she whispered. "Everything is fine. I'm fine. You were so wonderful, my Love." She pulled his face down and kissed him gently.

Breathing a huge sigh of relief, he rolled over to lie beside her, gathering her in his arms. "You are so beautiful. I want to be with you forever." He couldn't take his eyes off her.

"Forever." She smiled and snuggled against him, laying her head against his chest.

Soon, the sound of her breathing quieted and her heartbeat slowed. Nick kissed the top of her head and closed his eyes to hold her while she slept. "Forever."

THE END

Return to fiction page.