Title: Give And Take

Author: Amarin Rose

Email: amarin_rose@sbcglobal.net
Websites:
FF.net - http://www.fanfiction.net/~AmarinRose
AFF.Net - http://adultfan.nexcess.net/aff/authors.php?no=13515
WWOMB - https://www.squidge.org/~peja/cgi-bin/viewuser.php?uid=13

Disclaimer: Not my characters.

Rating: PG

Pairing: Jim/Blair

Summary: Weighing the costs and balances, it's decided by Jim and Blair that the Sentinel is a better choice to 'mother' their kid. Oh, boy...or girl.

Challenge Used: First Wave M-Preg Challenge #18. A Sentinel m-preg where *Jim* is the one who gets pregnant, not Blair.


Give And Take
by Amarin Rose
***

"Are you sure you want to do this, Jim? I mean, I could still work if I was pregnant, but you'd have to ride a desk until you delivered." Blair finished tying the ties on the back of the hospital gown Jim was wearing and came around to look into his lover's eyes.

Hopping up on the exam table, Jim nodded. "I want to do this, Chief. I have so much overtime, vacation time and sick leave accumulated that Simon told me I have to use some of it or lose it. I have almost enough time off accrued that if I wanted to stay home the whole nine months, I could do it. Besides, that knee surgery I had last week is gonna keep me off the streets for a couple months anyway. And you're defending your dissertation in May -- if you were pregnant, the stress you'd be under might cause the baby problems."

Blair fiddled with his hair, a nervous habit. And this situation was definitely nerve-wracking. "Are you upset that I changed my thesis subject?" he asked worriedly.

Jim reached out and pulled his lover close. "No, I understand why you did it. Too many people would be able to figure out your subject was me. I am glad that you went ahead and wrote it, though. The Police one was good, but the Sentinel thing will always be about us." With that pronouncement, Jim gave his Guide a long, heart-felt kiss, more comforting than passionate.

"I love you, Big Guy," Blair whispered softly.

"Love you, too, Chief," Jim said as the door swung open.

The brunette doctor entered and smiled at them, seeming not at all put off by their proximity. Glancing at the chart in her hands, she asked, "Are you ready, Mr. Ellison?"

Exchanging a final glance with his lover and receiving a smile and a nod, Jim knew that he was -- they were -- ready for this. Nodding, he said firmly, "Let's do this."



end