Title: New Watcher

Author: Kate R.

abelard950@aol.com

Disclaimer: Not mine and never will be.

Rating: PG-13 to R

Pairings: Giles/Ethan (So far)

Summary: Giles gets sick, Wesley is already down, and the Council gets fed up with Buffy and sends someone new.


New Watcher
By Kate R.


"How is he?" a voice asked from behind. Joyce Summers let out a muffled cry and spun around.

"Angel," she gasped. "Try to be make noise next time. You scared me."

"Sorry," Angel said as he joined her at the foot of the hospital bed. The man lying in it looked a little better but still sick and definitely hurt.

"I called Ethan," Joyce said. "He's on his way."

"Good," Angel said quietly. "Should have realized Giles would want him. Love is palpable between them when Buffy isn't present. What about his other call?"

"He smiled at whatever answer he got," Joyce said. "And it wasn't nice. Then he told me someone was coming. Someone New."

"Good," Angel said. "Hopefully this person will be less nice than Giles and Wesley. I'm sorry Joyce, but she went too far this time. Way too far."

"Oh I agree," Joyce said. "I agree wholeheartedly. I can't wait to meet this person either."

"Good thing I was only in Washington State then, isn't it?" a voice spoke from behind. Angel spun on his heel with a slight growl and beheld two men standing in front of him. The one who had spoken was a young looking man with the oddest eyes Angel had ever seen. The other man appeared to be older and walked with a cane.

"Adam Pierson," the younger man said. "The Council called me three hours ago and had a private jet standing by for me at the airport. This is my associate Joe Dawson. I have him with me just to give him something to do. His assignment went to parts unknown, the spoiled baby. Anyway, what am I dealing with?"

"A Slayer run amuck," a British voice answered from behind.

Adam turned to face the owner of the voice and grinned. "Hello Ethan," he said.

Ethan Rayne grinned back as they all looked down at the sleeping man.

"Only he could have all of us in the same room without trying to kill each other," Joe remarked.

Joyce raised a questioning eyebrow as the doctors arrived to move the man to a private room.

"We work in different branches," Joe said. "Normally those branches don't get along. Rupert was the exception when he chose to mentor Adam here in Watcher School. Adam is special to the Watchers as he's Our Immortal, I'll explain that later since you only know one division of Watchers. Anyway, Adam is strong and powerful and very, very skilled in fighting. He's not your normal guy and he's not nearly as nice or tolerant as Giles and Wesley were. Well, since Rupert is settled in his new room, we'll head to the apartment we've been furnished with. We'll be back later. Or I will at any rate. Adam is likely going to go to the library to set things up. His first lesson will be given tomorrow."

"Okay," Joyce said. "Good night, Mr. Pierson, Mr. Dawson."

"Goodnight," Joe said as they left. He saw Ethan take the chair by Giles' bedside as they were leaving and then he happened to glance at Adam's face. A glacially cold expression had taken over the normally calm, bland look of Adam Pierson. Joe wasn't sure if he was facing Methos or Death but whichever it was, he pitied Buffy Summers.

"She beat him," was all Adam said as they got into the SUV. "I'm Sorry, Joe, but I will NOT Forgive that."

"That's why they called you I think, Old Man," Joe said.

"Besides the agreement, they know you can and will handle this. And I know you will too. You'll be ready to start tomorrow?"

"I'm ready to start tonight, but yes. Tomorrow."

And they went into their apartment to prepare and Joe could see Adam was preparing all right. All of his weapons went into his coat. He laid out clothes that would let him move and Joe was beginning to fear for the child. Methos was angry. He was very angry. And Joe knew he was about to
vent.

On the person who had caused the anger.

May god have mercy on her soul.


END PART 1