Monsters under my bed.


By Paula C.


Rating: G (Though implied relationship)


archive: yes

answer to challenge : Monsters under my bed.


Monsters under my bed.
By Paula C.


Illya sat on the couch reading the technical manual that came to his office that day. It had been a long day and the evening was growing late. He put down his book and removed his glasses, thinking it had been a quiet evening. Actually it was to quiet.

Sitting back he thought in how things had changed.

He moved in with Napoleon five years ago, after five years of a partnership in UNCLE, they found that they needed each other in many ways.

Then Napoleon's sister was killed in an accident that left Napoleon to care for his 3-year-old niece. Now they found themselves forming a very unusual family unit.

Napoleon had taken the young girl to bed over an hour ago. Still, Napoleon had not returned.

Illya smiled, the child's imagination ran away with her some times. At the moment it was the "There's monsters under my bed," that kept one of them with her till she felt secure enough to sleep.

Illya went up the stairs and slowly opened the door to their daughter's room. Napoleon was fast asleep on the twin bed, holding Natalie close to him.

Closing the door, Illya set up to go secure the house for the night and make his way to his bed, smiling in how things have come for him and his love, Napoleon.

END