Title: So help me, you've gone too far...

Author/pseudonym: Paula C.

Fandom: Man from UNCLE

Pairing: Napoleon/Illya

Rating: g

Status: new complete

Archive: YES TO POST TO wwomb

E-mail address for feedback: bbi_Tommyboy@yahoo.com

Other websites: http://www.tommyboyff.com

Disclaimers: I don't own them, just borrow them as my imagination becomes obsessed with them and can't do a thing till it's out of my head. Don't sue me; I'm a very poor single mom.

Summary: What did Illya do this time to set Napoleon off

note: opening line challenge..."So help me, you've gone too far.... "



So Help Me, You've Gone Too Far...
by Paula C.


"So help me, you've gone too far this time," Napoleon raved to his partner. Some times the Russian wolfhound went to far for his own good to save his life and once again he did it. Broke orders, specific orders to remain where he was.

Illya didn't answer or make any gestures to defend himself. He knew he did wrong but he saved Napoleon, and that was his first command by Mr. Waverly.

Napoleon gave an exasperated sigh and took a few steps away from Illya. He knew down deep why Illya did it, but that didn't make it right to him. Time after time, Illya took his life into his hands to save him from enemy agents.

Napoleon looked at his friend and saw his stoic face. Each time he took the tongue lashing from him and still he did it, save his life from the enemy.

"Do you have a death wish?" Napoleon asked him quietly.

"No Napoleon, I just do my job," he answered in an even tone.

"You could have been killed."

"And you were surely going to be killed by the end of the night if Sir Roberts accomplished what he was planning."

Being in a dungeon for twenty-four hours, waiting for the THRUSH commander to serve sentence on him, which was to be death by hanging at midnight.

Illya had infiltrated the compound and took action moments before the noose was to be tightened on his neck.

"Tell me," Illya asked Napoleon. "Are you just mad at me, or mad that I waited to the last minute?"

Napoleon thought for a moment, then he smiled. "I was wondering when you were going to make your move."

"And what made you think I would break your order in not following you?"

"Human nature. You always come after me."

"It's just my job."

Noting now that the tongue-lashing had passed Illya asked his partner, "Now can we move on and find a way back into town. I'm tired and hungry and you know how I get when neither is appeased in a decent time."

"Oh yes, we don't want an irritable Russian on our hands now, do we?"



END