Title: Shadow Over The Moon

By PEJA

daltonavon@yahoo.com

Fandom: Sentinel

Pairing: Blair/omc Blair/Jim

Rating: NC-17

Summary: Jim rescues the mistress of a MC suspect

Warning: Brutality on a prostitute/AU/ Rohypnol usage

Note: the most frequently used date-rape drug, flunitrazepam (Rohypnol), a fast-acting benzodiazepine, and gamma-hydroxybutyrate (GHB) and its congeners are among the most popular drugs used for this purpose. The latter drug is easily procured at some gymnasiums, popular bars, discos, and rave clubs, as well as over the Internet. Perpetrators choose these drugs because they act rapidly, produce disinhibition and relaxation of voluntary muscles, and cause the victim to have lasting anterograde amnesia for events that occur under the influence of the drug.

Rohypnol produces sedative-hypnotic effects including

victim and prevent them from resisting sexual assault. Rohypnol intoxication is generally associated with impaired judgment and impaired motor skills. The combination of alcohol and Rohypnol is also particularly hazardous because together, their effects on memory and judgment are greater that the effects resulting from either taken alone. It is commonly reported that persons who become intoxicated on a combination of alcohol and rohypnol have "blackouts’ lasting 8 to 24 hours following ingestion.

Effects: The effects of Rohypnol begin within 30 minutes of administration, peak within 2 hours, and may persist for at least 8 hours, depending on the amount ingested. The drug's metabolites can be detected in urine up to 72 hours after ingestion. When taking Rohypnol, individuals may experience a slowing of psychomotor performance, muscle relaxation, decreased blood pressure, sleepiness, and/or amnesia. Some of the side effects associated with Rohypnol use are drowsiness, headaches, memory impairment, dizziness, nightmares, and tremors. According to Hoffman-LaRoche, side effects occur mainly with high dosages (exceeding 4 mg) and are almost always related to the sedative and muscle relaxant properties of the drug. The package insert reads, "Some patients may have no recollection of any awakenings occurring in the 6 to 8 hours during which the drug exerts its action." Long-term use can lead to physical dependence and the need for medically supervised withdrawal.

Under Rohypnol, individuals may experience a slowing of psychomotor performance, muscle relaxation, decreased blood pressure, sleepiness, and/or amnesia. Some of the adverse side effects associated with the drug’s use are drowsiness, headaches, memory impairment, dizziness, nightmares, confusion, and tremors. Although classified as a depressant, Rohypnol can induce aggression and/or excitability.





Shadow Over The Moon
By Peja

Hearing footsteps nearing the car, Jim Ellison buried his face in the paperback he’d kept at hand for that very purpose and deliberately ignored the man bundling his passenger into the back of the car. He kept his eyes dutifully down as the woman slumped into the seat, a torturous, broken moan tainting the air with ugliness, then with the aid of her escort curled into the corner with her covered head resting, braced in the dark corner.

The man double checked the door’s seal then knocked on Ellison’s window, leaning down to speak. "The bitch gave Tony a spot of trouble tonight, Ellison."

Warning bells went off in his head, but he kept his expression bored. "Trouble?"

"Wanted to call it quits." He smirked. "You know how the boss hates to be told he can’t have his candy."

Jim laughed on cue, nodding.

"Anyways, things got a little heavy. You might have to give a hand up to the apartment. Might be a good idea to keep an eye on the apartment tonight as well, make sure everything stays locked up tight. See to it this one stays put."

Jim dared a quick glance backwards at the huddled figure in the darkness. "She okay?"

The man shrugged. "Expect the bitch’ll live." He grinned wolfishly. "Tony’s got some pretty good narcotics. Makes his less than enthusiastic lovers more cooperative than a beatin’ and doesn’t leave bruises."

A ripple of searing hatred shivered up Ellison’s spine, but he held his expression in check, even managing a conspirator’s chuckle. "Reckon the boss needs to have a tight rein on his whores."

The hired gun chuckled, slapping his hand on the door. "See ya tomorrow, Jimbo. Boss wants the bitch back and ready to party round ‘bout four. He’s got company comin.’"

Taking the cue, Ellison pulled out into the late night traffic, heading for the lady’s apartment on auto-pilot.

Getting out of the car and trotting around, Jim eased the door open. The woman slumped out, and jim was hard pressed to catch her before she hit the ground. She lolled in his arms, unconscious.

Jim’s fingers sought a delicate wrist, finding her pulse fluttering there weakly.

"Ah dammit." He ground out, shifting her back around, into the car and slamming the door. "God dammit." He cursed again dashing around tot he drivers seat and burning rubber back into traffic.

Driving hard, he jerked out his cell and hit speed dial.

"Banks."

"Ellison, sir. I’m heading for Mercy Gen. Got the woman Tony’s been seeing in the car. She’s unconscious. Apparently he had her drugged tonight after she tried to end the relationship."

"Hows she look?"

"Her pulse is slow, sir. Weak."

Jim could almost see his Captain nodding on the other end. "Report back to me when you know more."

The line went dead as Jim’s tires screamed into the emergency entrance.

He leaned on the horn for a long burst then ran around the car to carefully open the door and lift her out.

Two gurney bearing interns were at his side when he turned. He gently laid the woman’s body on the waiting gurney and watched as the interns hurriedly rolled her inside.

Following them into the Emergency, Jim flashed his badge and tracked them deeper into the examine rooms, only to find himself barred by a petite nurse with the glare of a pitbull. "You’ll have to wait here, sir."

"I’m detective James Ellison," Jim said flashing his badge. "I brought the young woman in."

The pretty little nurse gave him a strange look, her lips twitching at some secret joke. "And do you happen to know how the....woman came to be in this condition?"

"I don’t know what drugs she was given," Jim said, his brow dipping down. "I do know it was some sort of date rape drug, though."

"You know that do you?" the nurse asked. "Someone will talk to you once we have the...." her lips twitched again. "Lady stabilized. You can wait in the family waiting area over there." She tipped her head to the left and when Jim looked back he found himself staring at a white curtain as the nurse ducked back inside the examine area.

Knowing when to accept defeat, Jim wandered over to the waiting area and settled in for the long haul.

*

Forty minutes later, the woman was hustled off upstairs while Jim spoke to the attending. The jovial doctor murmured off some spiel about his patient needing to rest. That Jim could see *her* when *she* regained consciousness, but that *she* wasn’t to be disturbed until then.

He could wait upstairs, in the family area if he wanted or come back later.

Resigned to life in hospital, Jim made his way upstairs, checked in with the giggly head nurse and sought out the waiting area.

Five minutes later, Jim lifted his nose out of a magazine as a familiar face appeared in the room.

Robert Sandburg paused in the entrance, his blue gaze raking over Ellison. Jim stood, his eyes challenging.

"Sir," Jim recognized the man speaking as Tom-Tom, Sandburg’s proported body guard. "I’ll go check with the head nurse. Find out when we can see Blair."

His eyes never leaving Jim, Sandburg nodded to his man and took a seat directly opposite Jim.

Jim settled back into his own seat, his gaze lying heavily on the other man.

*

Several tense hours later, the doctor pulled Jim aside, leading him to the woman’s room. As Jim made to push the door open, the doctor laid a hand on his arm.

"Be gentle. The patient is in a fragile state of mind."

"Does she remember anything at all of what happened to her?"

"Detective, the woman you brought in is a man." The doctor said bluntly.

Jim stared at him, gape-mouthed.

"He has no recollection of the night after accepting what he calls a final drink, but he’s smart. He suspects the worst. We did a rape kit on him and sent that over to the department. I’ve done enough of them to think it should be enough to get the bastard who did this to him."

Jim nodded. I’d like to talk to her...him now."

The doctor nodded, stepping aside to allow Jim to enter the room before him. "Blair, this detective would like to talk to you." He said to the man’s back.

Blair didn’t move. Didn’t respond at all.

Jim walked around the bed. His breath caught in his chest as he saw the woman who wasn’t female at all, but instead one of the most lovely men he’d ever seen in his life. The fragility on his face only served to emphasize his beauty, and Jim was filled with an over-riding urge to protect the wounded soul.



(2)

"Blair?"

The man’s lashes quivered, but remained low over his eyes.

"Blair, I’m Detective Jim Ellison. I’d like to ask you a few questions, if your feeling up to it."

The dark lashes lifted and Blair looked up at him. A look of recognition flittered over his pale features and the breath caught harshly in his chest.

"Its all right, Blair," Jim said quickly.

"I won’t go back," Blair rasped. "You can’t drag me out of here and I won’t go with you willingly."

"I’m not here to take you back, Blair." Jim assured him. "I brought you here. Remember? Do you really think I’d do that if I was loyal to Tony?"

Blair’s teeth found his lower lip. "You really are a detective?"

Jim grinned, nodding. "I’d show you my badge, but we don’t carry when we’re under cover."

"I was raped, wasn’t I?" Blair's voice was distant and hollow as he asked.

"What do you remember?" Jim asked, deflecting the question

Blair shrugged with pretended indifference. "I was...excited about going over to Tony’s. Not to see him, but I was gonna break it off with him. I ...there was someone I wanted to..." He rolled over onto his back, hiding his eyes behind an arm. "Guess I can kiss any new relationship off now, huh? I don’t even know how many dicks were up my ass...."

Jim bit back a rush of jealousy inspired by the thought of the lovely creature in the hospital bed going into the arms of another man. Now was not te time.

"I'm sure that your new friend will understand this wasn't your fault." he said softly. "Just talk to him and..."

"He doesn't know I exist." Blair cut him off. "I....Listen, I'm tired. Don't want to talk about this, okay."

"It would be best if I could take your report while the incident is fresh in your mind."

"Won't make any difference. I'm not pressing charges. I just want to...let it go."









Info on GHB: http://www.safety1st.org/educate/drugfacts/ghb.html