Title: And Now a Word From Our Sponsors

Author/Pseusonym: Tinnean

Fandom: Them!

Pairing: Ben Petersen/Bob Graham

Rating: NC-17

Status: New/Complete

Archive: yes, just let me know

E-mail address for feedback: Tinnean@aol.com

Series/sequel: sequel to The Beginning of the End?

Other website: www.geocities.com/silkntin/warning.htm

Disclaimers: These characters belong to the movie studio that gave birth to them (sorry can't remember which one). They're not mine, but I thought they could use a break after what they've gone through.

Notes: I watched this 1954 movie again after years, and was suddenly struck by the slash potential. This is one of those man screws up the earth type movies.

Summary: Our little band finally gets the break they've been waiting for, but at what cost? Ben and Bob are ordered to California to investigate a very strange theft.

Warning: m/m graphic sex, implied m/f, language, spoilers for the movie. things have gotten a trifle tense, so how about a little gratuitous sex?



A Door Into a New World
Episode 4: And Now a Word From Our Sponsors!
by Tinnean


"Man, that's real coffee!" -unknown actor successfully completing the stunt for a Hertz Rent-a-Car commercial, and reading the wrong tag line.

"'And when we find them, we destroy them!'"

Dr. Medford's words came back to taunt them. A month had passed and they were still working on the first part of the old man's edict. The blackout on the press was in effect, but the reporters were breathing down their necks, demanding information that they didn't have and couldn't give if they did. There would be rioting in the streets if the general populace was aware of the magnitude of this disaster!

If the threat of the giant ants was not neutralized before the queens could hatch out new queens, then the human race would be extinct in not much more than a year!

The military had sent out word that any unusual incidents reported in the papers or over the newswires were to be sent on to the New Mexico contingent. In the four weeks since they had set up the command post there, they had been bombarded with bizarre items, from spontaneous combustions and rainfalls of frogs to people claiming they had been abducted by bug-eyed monsters from space.

It was amazing how many unexplained occurrences made it into print. Each one needed to be investigated, and they were stretched paper-thin in an effort to do so.

The little group badly needed a break.

And then they got one. A desperate SOS came over the wire. The SS Viking was under attack in the Pacific. One of the queens had made her nest in an empty cargo hold that had been left uncovered while the ship was docked in Acapulco. The sailors were on shore leave, and the skeleton crew never even noticed anything was amiss. And then her eggs reached maturity and the crew became just so much breakfast for the newly hatched ants.

General O'Brien ordered the nearest vessel to the site, but the SS Milwaukee was only able to rescue two sailors from the sea. When it was determined that no crew members were alive on the ill-fated vessel, the Milwaukee was ordered to fire on her sister ship and the Viking went down with whatever was on board.

Although the Milwaukee's captain assured the General that all possible measures had been taken to be certain no one was alive on the Viking at the time of her sinking, he was devastated. It was by his order that the ship was shelled, and ultimately it was his responsibility.

Pat put her arm around his shoulders and helped him from the room. There was too much to do, and not enough hours in the day to get it done. He seldom slept, ate if he remembered, and now it was taking its toll. The lovely scientist led him to his quarters and firmly closed the door behind them. Gently she removed his clothes, and then striped hers off as well.

She pushed him back onto his narrow cot and followed him down. "Shhh, shhh," she murmured into his ear. "Let me take your mind off this, for just a little while!"

And Bob O'Brien took what she offered and dropped his burden. For an hour he found oblivion in the entomologist's arms.

****

I saw the look on Bob's face when Pat led the General out of the command center. "You okay with that, big guy? She was your girl, once!"

"No, Ben. She was never my girl. We spent time together, for a while. Her father even hoped that we would get married. But she was never mine!"

I couldn't prevent a frown. "You wanted to marry her?" This was the first I had heard of that. If he was willing to contemplate marriage, even knowing what he was, then there was still a chance that I could lose him.

Bob met my eyes, and shrugged. "I...didn't know what I wanted."

"And now?" I wasn't sure I needed to hear his answer, and yet for some twisted reason, I pressed him for one.

A soft smile curved his lips and all I could think of was swallowing that smile. He shook his head. "Now, that's a long-gone dream. I could no more marry Pat than I could marry...you." He looked down to where my hand was suddenly gripping his arm, startled. My nails were digging painfully into his biceps. "Ben?"

"You're mine, Bob! Don't you ever forget that! No matter what happened before, *I* was the one who showed you what it could be like! You'll always be mine!"

"So you're saying I'm your bitch?"

"That's not what I..."

"Robert, Ben!" Dr. Medford was hurrying toward us, waving a sheet of paper in his hand. "I think we've finally got our breakthrough!"

"We'll finish this later!" I hissed at my lover and dropped his arm. "What is it, Dr. Medford?" I asked, trying to sound as if my world wasn't falling down around my ears.

"Look at this, my boy! A pilot in Texas claims that he crashed his plane when he was attacked by flying saucers!"

"Well, he was either drunk or crazy! There's no such thing as flying saucers!" Bob snorted.

"Who told you that, Bob? The Air Force?" I couldn't help sneering.

"No, no, of course they weren't flying saucers! This pilot, Craddy, didn't know what else to call them. He said they looked like *giant ants*!"

"Oh, hell! I guess we're going to Texas to question him." The thought cheered me. I'd be able to spend some time alone with the big guy, and maybe get this whole thing straightened out.

"No."

My hopes deflated. He was going to send his daughter and my lover.

"I'll send Pat and Colonel Kibby to do that."

Like magic, they rose again. "I don't think General O'Brien will be too happy about that!" I murmured into Bob's ear.

He turned to scowl at me, and sucked in his breath. I was standing so close to him he actually bumped me, and I could feel his reaction to the contact. As angry as he was with me, his eyes darkened and his cock was hard as it brushed against my abdomen. "Want me to fuck you, big guy?" I asked so softly he needed to lean in closer to hear me. His lips parted and I found myself caught in my own trap: my cock felt like an iron bar in my pants, and I wanted to put it into him so badly!

"Yes!" he whispered, and his eyes looked bleak.

"Bobby..."

"I need you and Ben to go to California," Dr. Medford was saying, oblivious to what was passing between the FBI man and me. "A sugar theft has been reported!"

That got Bob's attention. "Um, Dr. Medford, what's the big deal?"

"The amount of the theft, Robert! Forty tons!"

"Oh, shit! We're on our way!"

****

The flight seemed endless, and I was bored. Bad combination.

Bob had charmed a blanket and pillow from the attractive stewardess and turned his shoulder to me. He was giving me the silent treatment. We were alone in this part of the plane, and I slid my hand under the blanket. "Ben!" he said warningly.

"C'mon, big guy, lighten up! No one's watching! Close your eyes and pretend you're sleeping, baby."

To my surprise, he let me have my way. "I make it too easy for you!" His eyelids slid shut and he wriggled a bit, getting himself more comfortable, giving me greater access to him.

I unbuttoned his trousers and eased his zipper down. He gasped, the merest exhalation of breath, and bit his lip, and I just knew he did that on purpose, aware of how it drove me crazy. I wanted to lean in and take that lip between my teeth, lick it and bite it, and let him feel the consequences of toying with me.

Instead I shut my eyes and pretended I was sleeping as well. I slid my hand into his pants and traced the outline of a very hard, very hot cock. Bob's moan was a soft sigh, and I deepened my strokes. "Ben!"

"I want you in my mouth, Bob! I want to take you deep in my throat and suck you until you come!" I shuddered at my own words and sat up to look around the cabin. I was so hot I was afraid I wouldn't be able to control myself. There weren't too many people on this weekend flight, but it was still more than I was comfortable with. I'm a lot of things, but an exhibitionist isn't one of them.

"Do up your pants!" I told him. He gave me a confused look.

"What? Why?" It was almost a whine.

"Just do what I tell you!"

I could see his hands moving under the blanket. "Okay, it's done!" he groused.

"Good! Now come with me!" I grabbed his wrist and dragged him out of his seat and into the aisle. The back of the plane was empty, and the path to the lavatory a straight run.

"Where are we going?" Bob asked.

I paused at the lavatory door and rubbed my erection against him like a dog humping his master's leg. "We're going to join the Mile High Club!" And I shoved him into the tiny bathroom and latched the door behind me. "Get up on the sink!" I ordered. "Hurry!"

Bob's hands went back to his belt and he stripped his trousers and shorts down and eased his luscious ass carefully onto the counter. I shrugged out of my jacket and hung it on the hook on the door.

"What are you going to do?"

"Don't know, I've never done this in an airplane john before! I thought we'd just play it by ear. Okay?"

"Sounds good to me! But you're talking too much! Can't you think of anything better to do with your mouth?"

I groaned and ran my nails over the muscles of his thighs, then sank down until my mouth was level with his cock. The tip was beading with pre come, and I licked it off with a broad swipe of my tongue. "Oh, God, Ben!"

"You like that, baby?" I blew on the dampness of his swollen flesh and then took him into my mouth. My teeth scored his length as I moved my head back until only the tip of his erection was between my lips. Then I traveled down, taking him deep in my throat, relaxing it so I wouldn't trigger the gag reflex. My fingers feathered his balls with teasing strokes.

Bob rocked his hips forward, thrusting hard, fucking my mouth, and I worked his cock with a deep, sucking motion. I released his beautiful male flesh and he moaned in protest. "I'm not done with you yet, big guy!" I told him. I put my finger in his mouth. "Wet me, baby!"

He drew on my finger, and I could feel it in my balls. I went back to suckling his erection, until I couldn't stand it any more. Then I took my finger back and pressed it between his buttocks, finding the puckered opening and easing it in.

The combination of the blow job and the finger fucking pushed him over the edge, and he began to come so hard I could barely swallow it all. He was whimpering, and I was so pleased with myself I could have crowed like a rooster.

Bob's head tipped back and he hit it against the wall of the lavatory. Another groan and a muffled laugh and he pulled me to my feet. His lips found mine and took my mouth so forcefully that I melted against him, letting him taste himself on my tongue. I had never bottomed for anyone, but at that moment I would have gone on my hands and knees for him.

"Let me take care of you!" he murmured in my ear, then took the lobe between his teeth and bit down. He slid to his feet and turned me around, boosting me up onto the counter. His fingers rapidly worked at my fly, hampered by the dampness of the material, and he pulled out my cock.

His head reared back and he looked at me with shock and puzzlement.

Limp was not the word for the condition of my cock, although exceptionally satisfied might have suited the situation. I couldn't suppress a laugh. "Sorry, big guy! You just pushed me out of control and I couldn't help myself! You're not upset, are you?"

The smile on his face was so smug I laughed again. "Do you have any idea what knowing that makes me feel like?"

"I know you're dying to tell me! So go ahead: what does having me like putty in your fantastic hands do to you?"

"It makes me feel like I'm the king of the world!"


END EPISODE 4