Midnight Vignettes 1 - "Boredom" by Surreal Feedback: surreal666@hotmail.com Archive: The Lone Slasher Homepage: http://netjeru.ma-at.net/SurrealArts/ Disclaimer: Ain't mine. Rating: PG Summery: The first of four short, middle-of-the-night conversations between the boys. Langly is bored. ~~<>~~ I can feel him shifting and wiggling restlessly next to me. Usually if I just ignore him he stops and eventually falls asleep, because most of the time it just means he's amorous. No such luck tonight, though. On either option. "Did you ever notice how boring the ceiling is?" He didn't really just say that, did he? Oy. "We live in a warehouse, Ringo. It was designed to be boring." My voice is muffled where I have my face squished into the pillow, one of my arms under the flattened material and my other hand resting on Ringo's shoulder. He's not impressed. I feel him shift under my hand and a small squeak of springs as he slides closer. "We've lived here for what? Twelve years? I mean, we've done okay making it feel a bit more like a home...but it's still really...boring." "Go back to sleep, Ringo," I mumble at him, patting his arm clumsily with my hand. It seems to do the trick, because he's quiet for a while. "We should do something." Or not. "We ARE doing something. Sleeping." "No, I mean put something up on the ceiling so it's not so...gray." Why me? Why do I have to fall in love with Mr. Walking Insomnia? "What, NOW?" Yeah, I'm real amicable at this time of morning. I'm GOING to shoot him. "Why not?" Oh, great, now he's whining. Perfect. I raise myself onto my elbows and squint at the clock. "Because, it's.... 4 AM." "I can't sleep," he pouts. Obviously. "Will you at least plot quietly? In your head?" "Huh?" Dense, too. Gotta love this boy. "It's your room too, John. You should have a say in how we decorate it." 24/7 interior design by Ringo Langly. Wonderful. "I will. In the morning, at a reasonable hour." "You really want to sleep, don't you?" "YES!" He may just be getting it here! "I do. Please, just let me sleep." "But -" I'm not even going to let him finish that thought. With a fumbling, stumbling maneuver, I manage to flop myself onto my restless lover's body. He blinks up at me owlishly, surprised by my sudden presence within his field of vision. I lean down and kiss the tip of his nose. "There. Now you can't see the ceiling, it won't bother you, and you have to go to sleep." "Oh." He kind of smiles and wraps his arms around me. "Okay." I lay my head on his shoulder and sigh softly, matching my breathing to his rhythm and slowly relaxing into him. He's asleep within minutes. And so am I. ~~~~