Midnight Vignette 2 - "Brainstorm" by Surreal Feedback: surreal666@hotmail.com Archive: The Lone Slasher Homepage: http://netjeru.ma-at.net/SurrealArts/ Disclaimer: Ain't mine. Rating: PG-13 Summery: The second of four short, middle-of-the-night conversations between the boys. Byers has a brainstorm. ~~<>~~ "Damn it!!" "OW! What the fuck?" "Huh? Oh, sorry. Didn't mean to wake you." "Funny, you came perilously close to kneeing me in the nuts. You think that won't get my attention?" "Oh. Sorry." "What are you yelling about, anyway? Have a nightmare where you forgot to iron your socks?" "You are pissy when you get woken up, you know that?" "When I was having a great dream and suddenly get kicked in the groin, yes, I get a little pissy." "I SAID I was sorry! I just...you know that article I'm doing on the overprescription of ADD and ADHD medications?" "Please don't tell me you were dreaming about that." "What? No, no, I was thinking, though. It just came to me, where I need to look for something. I gotta go check this out..." "NOW???" "Why not? I don't want to forget." "John, hang on. It's not even five in the morning. Can't it wait a few hours?" "I'll lose it!" "I don't think that's in question here, babe." "I mean, I'll forget. I have to do this before I do..." "John, please. I'm warm, I'm comfortable, and I'm just a little sore from our...shall we say, aerobic activities a few hours ago." "Huh? Oh -- OH. Geez, why didn't you tell me?" "Probably because in true form, you passed out immediately afterwards." "Oh. Sorry." "I just want to sleep. With you here. Just a a few hours, that's all I ask." "But --" "God, you are so anal! Here, write it down. It'll still be there in the morning, I promise." "Oh. Right. Thanks!" ~~~~